Why has their been no real updates from the developers in regards as to what they are working on ? I've heard they are posting on the personal Twitter accounts about what they are working on but they should be really posting that on their World War 3 Twitter page.  

All quiet on the Eastern Front. 

• Thanks 1

The communication is getting really shit between the PR and Devs I'm beginning to think they want to be known not to talk to anyone it doesn't hurt to tell the truth what going on and before and baby's say meh just let them work that's what PR is for they don't do dev work. All people want is an update not repeated crap it's gives us hope knowing that you actually care and that you haven't done a runner with our money that we work for to give to you.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MightyKay said:

The communication is getting really shit between the PR and Devs I'm beginning to think they want to be known not to talk to anyone it doesn't hurt to tell the truth what going on and before and baby's say meh just let them work that's what PR is for they don't do dev work. All people want is an update not repeated crap it's gives us hope knowing that you actually care and that you haven't done a runner with our money that we work for to give to you.

Correct, they have Community managers, it is there responsibility to communicate.

It would be good if we could get an answer from the dev's or from a community manager but like you both have said its like they are NOT interested in sharing what is happening. They only seem interested in making money as I list 3 points below. 

1) Beta keys seemed to go to YouTubers which gave them the publicity and advertisement for WW3 before EA launch. 

2) The Farm 51 only seem to be sharing stuff on Twitter about some gaming expo that they were using to show "fans" the game. 

3) They keep sharing yet again reviews from YouTube. 

yet we have had no updates as to what they are doing to fix current issues. For me the game is literally unplayable as I get constant lag, stutter and application crash's. With some of those points listed above I want the smooth WW3 game that the YouTubers have, not this fucking mess. 

• Like 1

Yea F51 give us some news ffs! How long can we wait? It has been 10 Days after launch... and we know nothing. Last valuable info was 1 week ago about servers reset. And then you went like "fck you, we will tell you nothing now haha". And you are telling us you want to upgrade the game with community? I dont feel this way at all.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chris89lfc said:

It would be good if we could get an answer from the dev's or from a community manager but like you both have said its like they are NOT interested in sharing what is happening. They only seem interested in making money as I list 3 points below. 

1) Beta keys seemed to go to YouTubers which gave them the publicity and advertisement for WW3 before EA launch. 

2) The Farm 51 only seem to be sharing stuff on Twitter about some gaming expo that they were using to show "fans" the game. 

3) They keep sharing yet again reviews from YouTube. 

yet we have had no updates as to what they are doing to fix current issues. For me the game is literally unplayable as I get constant lag, stutter and application crash's. With some of those points listed above I want the smooth WW3 game that the YouTubers have, not this fucking mess. 

I kinda wanna jump in here and say that i "think" twitter is handled partly by mods, i am sure there is a mod that is posting on behalf of F51 with all the apologies. 

Giving the streamers access before release is common practise, many developers do it these days as it is free advertising for them and given it goes to the right content creators it can be VERY rewarding. I know matimi0, DevilDogGamer and  even Levelcap have all received a key and posted videos on it and all of them have a large audience in the FPS fields from BF to Arma3 which this game certainly does appeal to.

Going back to the twitter comment you made, i believe that devs are posting info on their personal twitters, not sure what the reasoning behind this is but to me it's the wrong way to go.

With all the above aside, the community managers need to start communicating more on here first since this IS the official forums.

People are asking for updates and mods respond with "its posted on twitter" and that is met with hostile replies since people should not be forced to check anywhere else other than the official forum or Steam since the forum is the main hub for all communication from the community and steam is the place where the game is purchased, both of these should come first. 

There's even a news topic and there's nothing in there I don't understand what going on in there heads it's easy to talk but tell the truth as we know how lies can go out of control with people. We know the servers are underload but 10 days come on if you can't handle the average player count of like 5k what are they going to do with over 100k. Everyday that goes past they lose money. 

1 minute ago, MightyKay said:

There's even a news topic and there's nothing in there I don't understand what going on in there heads it's easy to talk but tell the truth as we know how lies can go out of control with people. We know the servers are underload but 10 days come on if you can't handle the average player count of like 5k what are they going to do with over 100k. Everyday that goes past they lose money. 

A lot of us might sound like we are pissed off with them but we aint, we just want better communication and transparency to whats going on.

Just been reading over facebook and someone said "People are posting on forums but none of the devs are replying" for them to say "You know thats not true"....but...it really is true thou.  

I would assume that's because nothing has changed? I presume they're not hangover after unexpected sales on a tank of prosecco  (well... vodka I suppose in this case) and are working to solve the issue and while gaining small improvements bit by bit they have nothing to announce until they actually fix the issue. AFAIK resolving auth server issue is the top priority above anything else. With that in mind, what meaningful updates would you expect? "Yes we're still working on it"? Here's transparency (made up by me but probably not unlikely) "Shit ain't working, we're poking it with a stick and hope for the best".

Edited by Marrond
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Marrond said:

I would assume that's because nothing has changed? I presume they're not hangover after unexpected sales on a tank of prosecco  (well... vodka I suppose in this case) and are working to solve the issue and while gaining small improvements bit by bit they have nothing to announce until they actually fix the issue. AFAIK resolving auth server issue is the top priority above anything else. With that in mind, what meaningful updates would you expect? "Yes we're still working on it"? Here's transparency (made up by me but probably not unlikely) "Shit ain't working, we're poking it with a stick and hope for the best".

Actually some acknowledged issues and bugs that they are working on maybe? Pretty sure it's not hard to work out what the community is asking for......... 

50 minutes ago, Nuro said:

I kinda wanna jump in here and say that i "think" twitter is handled partly by mods, i am sure there is a mod that is posting on behalf of F51 with all the apologies. 

Giving the streamers access before release is common practise, many developers do it these days as it is free advertising for them and given it goes to the right content creators it can be VERY rewarding. I know matimi0, DevilDogGamer and  even Levelcap have all received a key and posted videos on it and all of them have a large audience in the FPS fields from BF to Arma3 which this game certainly does appeal to.

Going back to the twitter comment you made, i believe that devs are posting info on their personal twitters, not sure what the reasoning behind this is but to me it's the wrong way to go.

With all the above aside, the community managers need to start communicating more on here first since this IS the official forums.

People are asking for updates and mods respond with "its posted on twitter" and that is met with hostile replies since people should not be forced to check anywhere else other than the official forum or Steam since the forum is the main hub for all communication from the community and steam is the place where the game is purchased, both of these should come first. 

They gave it out to the streamers before release but from what the streamers are playing as to what the public are playing look like two different games. All they needed to do is to make the beta open as to say open the floodgates and let the servers get battered by player count. Maybe all these issues wouldn't of happened. 

As for communication I find it a farce literally how hard is it to post a roadmap or to post a progress update at the end of each working day. Their communication sucks and they say they want to build and develop WW3 with the community. 

HELLO COMMUNICATE!

Edited by Chris89lfc
  • Like 1

I made this point a few days ago... people didnt like it. Absolutely ridicoulus that there is no news or annoucements at all.

Sad for this game.

It would take 5 minutes to write something on their own forums or on steam. 

• Like 2

Just now, Kulumatic said:

I made this point a few days ago... people didnt like it. Absolutely ridicoulus that there is no news or annoucements at all.

Sad for this game.

It would take 5 minutes to write something on their own forums or on steam. 

If people didn't like the point that we are making then they need to get their heads out of their arses and stop arse licking these dev's. Game developers deserve praise but they also deserve criticism when its deserved. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chris89lfc said:

They gave it out to the streamers before release but from what the streamers are playing as to what the public are playing look like two different games. All they needed to do is to make the beta open as to say open the floodgates and let the servers get battered by player count. Maybe all these issues wouldn't of happened. 

The streamers had the same build that everyone had on release, the closed access build was the same build that was pushed to EA only the servers took a massive shit as the game went from about 1k people to over 10k within a few hours of the closed access going down and the EA download going live.

Just now, Nuro said:

The streamers had the same build that everyone had on release, the closed access build was the same build that was pushed to EA only the servers took a massive shit as the game went from about 1k people to over 10k within a few hours of the closed access going down and the EA download going live.

But when you look at the recent videos especially from level cap the game looks like it's playing smooth its not the case. With your comment about the server going from 1k to 10k then that's why they should've made it an open beta a week or two before it's release. 

2 minutes ago, Chris89lfc said:

But when you look at the recent videos especially from level cap the game looks like it's playing smooth its not the case. With your comment about the server going from 1k to 10k then that's why they should've made it an open beta a week or two before it's release. 

Indeed, it looks like a completly different game.

44 minutes ago, Kulumatic said:

Indeed, it looks like a completly different game.

in a way it's false advertisement 

+1 with what being said.

A small update 2-3 x / week would be really appreciated instead of copy/pasting the same thing over and over.

More communication is needed !!

• Like 1

Not much but a little bit of Info today:

The Second answer on this thread...

I read here - Maybe a couple of little patches till mid november and then a bigger update.

Edited by B4rtlbi3

3 minutes ago, B4rtlbi3 said:

I read here - Maybe a couple of little patches till mid november and then a bigger update.

WoW they need to provide us more information especially regarding the master server issues I find it unplayable cause of stutter and crashing mainly, Lag you can deal with but not when its along with stuttering. 

why dont they simply post this in their news section? i dont get it, it would prevent a lot of tensed conversations.

And they announced a road map shortly after release. What in their understanding is "shortly after release"?

1 minute ago, Gutshot said:

why dont they simply post this in their news section? i dont get it, it would prevent a lot of tensed conversations.

And they announced a road map shortly after release. What in their understanding is "shortly after release"?

Probably after its released from EA XD

15 minutes ago, B4rtlbi3 said:

Like mentioned, why not just post this in the news. Along with how the warsaw event went they could also add in some news on bugs and changes expected instead of commenting on a random topic that the majority will probably not see..

4 minutes ago, Nuro said:

Like mentioned, why not just post this in the news. Along with how the warsaw event went they could also add in some news on bugs and changes expected instead of commenting on a random topic that the majority will probably not see..

Same thing in Twitter... A lot of info is buried in answers to old posts. I have to go to Discord - WW3 Server - #Twitter and scroll there to have some info.

It would be a lot better to make a new post in "News" section or a new Tweet. If they are giving new info anyway, make it more visible...

I get that most of the time, there isn't much new info to give. Stuff like "We are still working on it" is not worthy of a new Tweet or a new post in "News". But if you are saying something as important as "Progression will be available from mid-November on", that is important and will help manage expectations for most of us.