headslammer

The TeamKilling System Needs a Revamp or Removal.

I would like to start by saying that I absolutely love this game, even in its current state.

However, there is one massive issue I see with this game, and that is Team Killing.

In my opinion, the ability to damage teammates should just be removed from the game. There is no upside to being able to damage your teammates. I have played games where a moron will just sit in our spawn, shooting allied vehicles with the TOR, or following friendly tanks around shooting them in the ass with AP rounds. 

Even if it doesn't get removed, I suggest that the current system should get a massive revamp. In the situation I mentioned above, where morons and trolls will spend all game shooting friendly vehicles; if the person in the vehicle shoots back and kills the troll, the troll gets the option to remotely kill the guy in the tank. That's right, you can spend the whole match shooting friendly tanks, and doing damage, but if they dare fire back, you can just kill them with no repercussions.

At the very least, the revenge kill feature should be removed as it is far too easily abused. I've accidentally ran over teammates only to suddenly die, and have my tank destroyed because someone couldn't tell the difference between an accident and a malicious act. Instead of the revenge kill, perhaps add a vote kick feature, or an auto kick if a player deals enough damage (specifically damage, not kills because you can just walk around shooting tanks or infantry without it killing them) to friendly players.

Thank you Farm 51 for making this amazing game, there are just a few things I think should change, and this is one of them.

• Like 1

A system similar to PlanetSide 2 would be nice. Continuously damage towards Friendly's and you get a warning strike 1. 2nd warning Perhaps make them sit in the spawn screen for a 2-3 minites. Last warning and you get something similar to the Admin killing you. The death screen would say "the game killed you" and kicks u out the game. Maybe take it abit further and put them thru a 10 minute timer before u can join a match again like mobas do. In those games It doesn't reset for acouple of days so if they Keep doing it, it tallies up to 24 hours before u can play again. I like friendly fire. Just needs proper support to stop toxicity. 

Edited by Amaterasu
  • Like 1

I personally have no real problem not shooting teammates. It's mostly being aware of your surroundings while ADSing or pray-spraying. Kinda like IRL.

But if need be, they should ass some punishment to constant TKing. Delaying a respawn is really not a big thing for them... Try these:

- 1) 3X the negative points what it takes to kill a soldier. So if it awards you 100 pts for killing enenmy, then -300 pts will be deducted if you kill a teammate.

- 2) Punish function - Insta kills the TKer.

- 3) If the top doesn't stop the TK'er from TKing then lock out his guns and nades for 5-10 min

- 4) If still all doesnt stop them from TKing...  temp ban for 24hrs

• Like 1

Completely agree. If the tk punishment system isn't changed I can't see myself playing this game for much longer.

I love the TK - makes everything more realistic and stops the explosive spam of Battlefield 1.

100% more fun with it!

• Like 1

Yea, i like it the way it is.

never Tk with intent, mostly because they or me run into a line of fire.

i always squeeze my butt when i throw a nade to the enemy and a team mate decides to run towards it.

• Like 2

Gun locking would be a great addition. that way if you keep tagging friendlies (or friendly vehicles) but not killing them, you'll still get punished.

It could be based on the negative score, not the kills themselves to further streamline malicious behavior.
For example:

1TK worth of negative score = verbal warning, ~1-2min cooldown
2-3TK worth of negative score = weapon block for 60 seconds ~5min cooldown
4TK = weapon block for = 3 minutes ~8min cooldown
5TK = kick.

I think friendly fire against infantry makes sense, it decreases grenade spam, stops players indiscriminately hip-firing into choke points and makes everyone play a little more cautiously. Friendly fire against vehicles doesn't really add much though and could probably be removed without any negative affects.

Punishments definitely need to be automated, players cant be trusted with that kind of responsibility unfortunately. As has been suggested, punishing team damage rather than kills makes sense too, just to stop people griefing their teammates all game.

I don't mind the friendly fire aspect, makes me more aware of who im shooting at. Then again I don't mind if it was off either. What bothers me is getting punished for tossing a nade down a hallway only for a teammate to run in there and dying to it.

friendly fire needs to stay in the game like it is, you just need to be aware of your surroundings and make sure you're engaging enemys only, i agree with higher penalties for multiple tk's

• Like 1

OH GOSH, PLEASE dont remove friendly fire... that will absolutely ruin the immersion.

Maybe get like a strike system in place where as you kill three team mates you get kicked or something but in my 20 hours of play i only killed one team mate by accident - came around a corner.
Removing friendly fire wont only make a few normies happy.

On 10/29/2018 at 7:24 PM, Cral said:

I think friendly fire against infantry makes sense, it decreases grenade spam, stops players indiscriminately hip-firing into choke points and makes everyone play a little more cautiously. Friendly fire against vehicles doesn't really add much though and could probably be removed without any negative affects.

Punishments definitely need to be automated, players cant be trusted with that kind of responsibility unfortunately. As has been suggested, punishing team damage rather than kills makes sense too, just to stop people griefing their teammates all game.

This is the best compromise I’ve seen in this thread.

Everyone else is totally ignoring the point of my post and is just going on about their “immersion”.

Guess what’s not immersive? Getting killed by god because your retarded teammate ran in front of your gun or tank.

I agree friendly fire in some cases are unnecessary. For instance in a match I had a teammate intentionally destroying completely the optics of the tank I was driving. So when I was driving back to the repair truck a enemy caught me with only 2 rpgs that I had no idea where it came because I was completely blind. Another thing that happened to me was a teammate angry because I was there killing too much enemies, so he have started spam RPGs at me until I was dead. Such a beautiful killstreak gone.

Also people like a lot to take a ride or walk near the tank and they have no idea the tank can roadkill them. So when you have to do a quick manuever with the tank to avoid a threat and then roadkill them of course it is your fault and you receive a punishment

Well I am pretty sure there is already a feature that kicks you after 5 team kills nevertheless the trolls can still enoy you and the system should get revised but I don't think teamkilling should get removed.

teamkill.png

On 10/30/2018 at 12:24 AM, Cral said:

Friendly fire against vehicles doesn't really add much though and could probably be removed without any negative affects.

//thread

FF against vehicles is on the list to be disabled, since it's only suspicious players that are shooting their own tanks. The punishing system is also being worked on.

• Like 2