Devyx

Devyx suggestion list (Long list)

This is a list of suggestions I have previously made for the Discord. I am digging them up, because the Discord is frankly getting filled. I will introduce ideas with dashes, separating them.

I will respond to this list in addition, just to keep from making new lists, I just have a lot of ideas for the game.

- EQUIPMENT: IR and non-IR country/unit patches, glow sticks and flashlights(IR) for when the NVG's get into the game. This will allow players to recognize their own members in dark environments, making teamwork in them much easier.

- HALO jump(Not Halo) opening to a battle from one side. (Aerial Insertion) Simple cool factor to start a game on a certain map(s).

- MAP: Battle for Åland Islands (As a pretty centric location in Europe, it could also be used as an introduction to Northern European maps)

- MAP: Oil rig and/or a large ship map(s), for those who enjoy tight spaced maps

- GAME MECHANIC: A possible CQB mechanic to "attach" yourself to another player, so you can push them forward. Commonly used in tight spaces for fast and simultaneous movements, usually in going through doors and when two or three players come to a corner, the front also acts as a shield for the next. One player holds/leans onto another one tightly, and pushes and pulls the one in the front. Either player can crouch easily, and the ones behind can shoot from above the other one's head or from the side.

Example of an entrance using this mechanic (Numbers are in wrong order):

CQB.jpg.f065a1225f1e89fb8e918279a56a6e5c.jpg

- EQUIPMENT/GAME MECHANIC: Extendable ladders to go through windows, over walls and entrances in the roof.

Tikkaat.thumb.png.72459dadeb0647c58015eb0f4e4219b8.png

- EQUIPMENT: Active ear protection you can take on and off. 

- GAME MECHANIC: Marks you can draw on the map with mouse, using a choice of colors

- UNIT: A "commander" that can talk to each of the squad leaders through radio and sees the place on a map, can give out orders to attack/defend positions. This would help organized gameplay.

- UNIT: 10-player squads instead of 5 that the game currently has, this would help the previously mentioned CQB-mechanic.

- EQUIPMENT/GAME MECHANIC: Rappelling rope, that can be used to go down from a roof/window to the ground or another window. (Possibly only from certain windows and rooftops) Or could be used to call reinforcements with a point-streak helicopter. Pistol/Submachine gun would be required for this mechanic.

Sorry for the long post, but I did enjoy making these suggestions and I would hope they could get implemented to game. Comments are welcome of course!

Edited by Devyx

i must say i really like Ladder idea, but i think it's a bit to early to implement it, people need to get an idea that's not another BF game or CoD and start working together with strangers, but i'm all thumbs up for it/ also drawing on map but this ability should be limited to team lead.

But CQB mechanic mehh... i mean you don't need additional complication for what can be accomplished by two dudes who knows whats up communicating through voice chat of some sort/

I'm sorry but it feels like a bunch of random suggestions that don't really have any cohesive goal behind them.

The game with all its authenticity is a run and gun shooter at its core. It's not a tactical breaching simulator that requires dedicated systems for stacking and room clearing. I mean, strafe shooting is a thing here, for example, there will never be any use for systems like that.

The current maps are also made in a very specific way with little verticality and indoor areas, to reward objective play instead of holding a sniping position all game long. That also makes ladder/rope gadgets obsolete, in the foreseeable future.
For the same reason parachuting down on a map the size of Warsaw or Berlin makes no sense - they are too condensed and urbanized, with most passages being a tight street/alley corridors surrounded by inaccessible roofs you obviously wouldn't be able to land on.

It would be really nice to have map drawing/icon placing eventually within individual squads, however, I really don't see much use for introducing the commander role or doubling the size of squads - If anything, that would deserve its own game mode variant, (Organized/"Competitive") with completely different rule sets, and its way too soon to discuss that.

On 10/30/2018 at 12:33 PM, Marg said:

i must say i really like Ladder idea, but i think it's a bit to early to implement it, people need to get an idea that's not another BF game or CoD and start working together with strangers, but i'm all thumbs up for it/ also drawing on map but this ability should be limited to team lead.

But CQB mechanic mehh... i mean you don't need additional complication for what can be accomplished by two dudes who knows whats up communicating through voice chat of some sort/

Of course these are not "Right now implement!" stuff, just suggestions.

- GAME MECHANIC: Tanks more realistic, requiring one to drive, another to shoot from main cannon and its machine gun.

- GAME MECHANIC: No ticket number cap, instead 40 minutes games for example. This would make the games standard length

- GAME MECHANIC: At least 2v2 to start the game. Pretty obvious in my opinion

- GAME MECHANIC: Randomly spawning contestable packages that could give something useful/extra points.

LOVE the list!!!!!

Would also love to see the ability to position weapon addons freely on the rail... for example, on most setups used IRL the anpeq is placed on the top rail right inftront of the aiming sight.
I also miss the a T1 aimpoint style sight.. 
Weapon jams would be great too!!! :D

• Like 1

oh and +1 for the rappel system.. i used to LOVE rainbow6 vegas for that

Image result for a fine addition to my collection

Addition:

- GAME MODE: HVT Rescue. Quite simple, one side can move the hostage(s) as they please, and must keep them alive, while the other one tries to release the hostage(s) and keep them alive while doing so. They could be needed to be moved from point A. to point B. or held alive until time runs out without being rescued by the attacking team. Both teams members have one life. Killing the HVT(s) is a bad idea obviously.

- GAME MECHANIC / COSMETIC: No backpack, and in that case only the singular healing item is available. The player would have less carry weight.

- GAME MECHANIC / WEAPON / GADGET: 81mm Mortar (Smoke / HE / Flare)

- COSMETIC: Levelling up becoming more rewarding, but mostly in the cosmetics, such as new camouflages, new clothing, maybe new suppressor, but hopefully nothing game breaking.

- WEAPON / GADGET CHANGE: Make the mini drone NOT do any damage to any player.

- GENERAL: Realism over balance. Realism was one of the reasons I believe people were drawn to this game, because it is fun to them. The 1:1 maps, bulletproof vests and more. This may not mean weapon jams, as they are often directly tied to the maintenance of the weapons.

- MAP: Helsinki, specifically the island of Suomenlinna/Viapori/Sveaborg. An old island off the coast of the city, with a fortress built on the island and many entrances and tunnels.

- MAP: Åland Island, also off the coast of Finland.

Edited by Devyx