UtopianFlat

UI Suggestion (I include a mock-up UI)

I don't really like the Deployment Screen that is currently in the game. I think it needs some T(ender) L(ove) C(are). Below is a mock-up that I drew together to re-imagine what the UI could look like for the in-match "Deployment Screen" (at least one that I like). I plan to do more re-imaginations of the other menues in the same manner, so let me know your thoughts!

--------------------------------------------

Notes:

1) I kept the lay out roughly the same (important on left, less important the farther right you go)

2) I seperated the "Loadout" and the "Squad" menus

3) I gave better definition to the "Loadout" menu. The missing images should be white outlines of the selected weapon and there can be a "hover Over" effect that displays the current attachments

4) I use the Yellow to accent some of the importnt things (much like the current yellow usage).  I bordered the player selected tabs in yellow, the chat box and the "LEADER" selected target point so that it is more noticible at a rough glance

5) I zoomed the map in closer to the play area so that more spacial detail can be derived from the "live action" style map

6) I grouped the 1 and 2 sub points together and spread the A/B/C headers out so they are better seperated in the players periferal vision

Remake.thumb.png.b2994166795c3bd62074252eedaec0af.png

Edited by UtopianFlat
Update Mock-up
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Atom_Alchemist said:

I like it, the only change I recommend is that all six load outs be displayed in 2 rows of three

@Atom_Alchemist I was thinking of how the animation would run for that. In my mind's eye when you clicked the right arrow then it would shift to the 3 other classes, the when you click the left just the animation reverses direction.

Having all six displayed was making it feel even more cramped. The only viable work around was to consolidate the load out and squad then make the left hand for them and the right hand side of the screen for the map. 

Besides that, you could also keep it the same and have the 6 load outs stacked vertically on the left hand side and have them squared up more.

On 10/30/2018 at 6:22 AM, UtopianFlat said:

I don't really like the Deployment Screen that is currently in the game. I think it needs some T(ender) L(ove) C(are). Below is a mock-up that I drew together to re-imagine what the UI could look like for the in-match "Deployment Screen" (at least one that I like). I plan to do more re-imaginations of the other menues in the same manner, so let me know your thoughts!

--------------------------------------------

Notes:

1) I kept the lay out roughly the same (important on left, less important the farther right you go)

2) I seperated the "Loadout" and the "Squad" menus

3) I gave better definition to the "Loadout" menu. The missing images should be white outlines of the selected weapon and there can be a "hover Over" effect that displays the current attachments

4) I use the Yellow to accent some of the importnt things (much like the current yellow usage).  I bordered the player selected tabs in yellow, the chat box and the "LEADER" selected target point so that it is more noticible at a rough glance

5) I zoomed the map in closer to the play area so that more spacial detail can be derived from the "live action" style map

6) I grouped the 1 and 2 sub points together and spread the A/B/C headers out so they are better seperated in the players periferal vision

Remake.thumb.png.b2994166795c3bd62074252eedaec0af.png

nice photoshop skills you have there. i like it. hope the devs take a gander.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Amaterasu said:

nice photoshop skills you have there. i like it. hope the devs take a gander.

@Amaterasu

To give credit where it is do, I actually used Affinity Designer to do everything you see in my photo. You can't beat a one time price of 50 bucks haha

5 hours ago, Atom_Alchemist said:

I like it, the only change I recommend is that all six load outs be displayed in 2 rows of three

@Atom_Alchemist

This is what I would imagine that to look like. One that would read better (and have less mistake clicks). The UI seems a little cramped but the right proportions could make it look a little better.

Remake_V2.thumb.png.12eec39b5413e96700d61983db0d0e7c.png

Edited by UtopianFlat
to @ the person I was responding to/quoted
  • Like 1

UPDATED UI MOCK

This is the version 3 of what a new UI could look like. Be advised, the grey area underneath the Weapon names and Strikes are placeholder. That color box should be replaced witht he weapon outline so it floats in the dark grey space just beneath the label!

Notes:

1) There is a divide between the staging area and the map

2) The left hand stack is set up with the most important and drops in influence the farther down you get. The Map on the right is by itself so it can be easier to focus on

3) The map is vertically slimed down, allowing more room on its sides

4) The "Loadout" section has been cut down a little and has all 6 classes present without menu serfing (inspired by @Atom_Alchemist)

5) I increased some of the smaller fonts so that it could be easier to read by some viewers (inspired by @Graphic-J)

Remake_V3.thumb.png.c95530b82ec5861708b98580728e690a.png

Edited by UtopianFlat
Added an update to the body of text
  • Like 2