omar_uav

mines need nerf

mines are pretty over powered one hit killing everything , and sometimes found in your base , and they are really really hard to notice like i never noticed a mine while driving a tank , mines should damage the engine or making the tank immobile for 10seconds and does normal damage, not just insta kill anything that goes on it.

• Like 8

Also to add to that is the fact that you can have several of them out on the field at the same time. Please limit the maximum amount of mines per player to a maximum of 1 or 2 with some loss of equipment slots. 

A perfect example of this are player that mine spam the spawn instantly killing freshly spawned vehicles. 

i think mines shouldn't oneshot MBTs but render them permanently immobile 

6 hours ago, omar_uav said:

mines are pretty over powered one hit killing everything , and sometimes found in your base , and they are really really hard to notice like i never noticed a mine while driving a tank , mines should damage the engine or making the tank immobile for 10seconds and does normal damage, not just insta kill anything that goes on it.

@omar_uav - I do agree that mines are OP in this build of the game. But I have to ask are they only, because you can't see them easily, So adding to this, what are your guys opinions on adding a gadget to scan for mines?

• Angry 1

+ 1. All weapons should have a countermeasure for it. Since it is a modern military shooter you wouldn't need to use bare eyes to track AT mines

• Thanks 1
  • Angry 1

4 hours ago, j1mart said:

+ 1. All weapons should have a countermeasure for it. Since it is a modern military shooter you wouldn't need to use bare eyes to track AT mines

just saying this, but as a combat veteran...you damn sure do only use your eyes to looking for mines/IED, we don't have a magic tool that scan for em and points em out...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Atom_Alchemist said:

Just saying this, but as a combat veteran...you damn sure do only use your eyes to looking for mines/IED, we don't have a magic tool that scan for em and points em out...

I agree and respect your opinion but I believe simulation is not the main focus of this game. I don't want a copy/paste version of another game but in BF4 AT mines are easy to track if you choose the engineer class or equip your vehicle with thermal view. It still a threat but not as deadly like in this game. Unless that is the real intention of the devs so tanks are not easy to move helping the team only as a support tool.

8 hours ago, Atom_Alchemist said:

just saying this, but as a combat veteran...you damn sure do only use your eyes to looking for mines/IED, we don't have a magic tool that scan for em and points em out...

well tanks have small dozers in front for mines, also there is a new system that hit the ground with waves that with a certain frequency is a explosive charge IED or a Mine 

12 hours ago, Atom_Alchemist said:

Considering that the game does lean a tad towards future tech we could have some kind of system that scans for magnetic signatures on the ground and give the player a warning in a 10 meter radius. Also to counteract that system we could have composite mines that do less damage but are undetectable.

mines are fine. however.. they are to small. the width and length should be increased to match bf4s mines. of course alittle smaller bc u can see them abit to easy at times. but they can still be quite bulky and easy enough to spot if they tanker and gunner pays attention.

Edited by Amaterasu
  • Like 1

don't render them useless please,  someone made a great suggestion here..

maxresdefault (1).jpg

Having an anti tank mine grill in-front of the tank would solve this issue, instead of nerfing the damage, we have the customization for this i feel..

Edited by ill
  • Like 4

32 minutes ago, ill said:

don't render them useless please,  someone made a great suggestion here..

maxresdefault (1).jpg

Having an anti tank mine grill in-front of the tank would solve this issue, instead of nerfing the damage, we have the customization for this i feel..

ok yeah , but still no mine in life can 1 hit a tank 

Just now, omar_uav said:

ok yeah , but still no mine in life can 1 hit a tank 

But it can take out the driver or crew, no?

Should not be allowed at mines in the spawn.

This is stupid and you can easily counter all enemy vehicles doing this.

5 hours ago, ill said:

But it can take out the driver or crew, no?

Potentially. Depends heavily on the vehicle. Most modern vehicles have fairly sophisticated armor designs for mine-protection. In modern vehicles, the driver might be injured but rarely outright killed, but the vehicle definitely isn't going anywhere after hitting a mine. It'll blow your wheels, tracks, suspension arms, etc. clean off.

19 hours ago, Atom_Alchemist said:

As a tanker, this. Although vehicles can use thermals in case the mines are freshly dug, but it'll do nothing if they're not dug at all or they've been in the ground for a long time. But it slows the tank down considerably since it can't watch the surroundings if it's watching the road, and vice versa.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, UltimateIdiot said:

Mines which contain shaped charges, for ex.

they break the tracks it can only pen up to 40mm 

1 hour ago, omar_uav said:

which mine can???

um, the answer would be any purpose built modern anti tank landmine should be able to "one shot" a modern tank, it comes from how a tank is designed, to my knowledge no tank has a v shamed bottom hull, due to height and the tracks. This would mean the bottom hull of a tank would take the entire blast, with zero intended deflection, no tank can shrug off 6 kg of high explosive, if it doesn't completely destroy the tracks, the damage would take the tank out of combat, with a high likely hood that the crew is injure/killed. in a game a effective killed tank "aka disabled) should constitute a completely killed, but that is just a personal opinion.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, omar_uav said:

...ww2 era shaped charge anti tank mines are able to penetrate more then 100 mm of armor...and that was with a mere 1,.6 kg of eploxive, modern shaped charge mines have as much as 5 times the amount of explosive or equivalent.

Edited by Atom_Alchemist
  • Like 1

Personally, I feel that considering the high risk vs reward system around AT mines, that damage wise they are just fine.

HOWEVER, I do feel that a limit on how many can be placed at a single time should be put in place, as well as a two death counter that when reached auto de-spawns the mines a person placed earlier.

21 minutes ago, Atom_Alchemist said:

um, the answer would be any purpose built modern anti tank landmine should be able to "one shot" a modern tank, it comes from how a tank is designed, to my knowledge no tank has a v shamed bottom hull, due to height and the tracks. This would mean the bottom hull of a tank would take the entire blast, with zero intended deflection, no tank can shrug off 6 kg of high explosive, if it doesn't completely destroy the tracks, the damage would take the tank out of combat, with a high likely hood that the crew is injure/killed. in a game a effective killed tank "aka disabled) should constitute a completely killed, but that is just a personal opinion.

Generally speaking, from a regular 6-10kg TNT mine, the crew of an MBT would be fine (unless they're incredibly unlucky) but definitely rattled and out of action for a while. The track or tracks are gone of course, as are roadwheels, suspension arms, etc. so the tank isn't moving on its own anywhere for a long, long while. So Same thing with the APC's in the game, as I'd venture a guess they've a v-shaped hull. Both of the IFV's (Marder, Anders) would be goners, though. So I do agree that unless we get tracks/engine as modules that can be damaged, the better alternative is just to OHK the vehicle to keep atleast a semblance of authenticity.

That said, judged purely on appearance, the mine in the game seems to be some sort of shaped charge variant, so it'll cut through all of the vehicles like a knife through butter.

22 minutes ago, omar_uav said:

The shaped charge mines can pen more, and even if they couldn't, the bottom of the hull even in modern tanks isn't that thick. 

15 minutes ago, Recon said:

Personally, I feel that considering the high risk vs reward system around AT mines, that damage wise they are just fine.

HOWEVER, I do feel that a limit on how many can be placed at a single time should be put in place, as well as a two death counter that when reached auto de-spawns the mines a person placed earlier.

There's basically no risk involved, you can just chuck them way before any tank shows up and forget all about it. Though I agree that the concept of placing as many mines as you like with no limit on it whatsoever does have the potential for some cheese anti-tank tactics.

At any rate, I think it's premature to make judgements on whether or not there needs to be a nerf as the majority of players haven't figured out how to use them yet. 

Edited by UltimateIdiot

28 minutes ago, UltimateIdiot said:

Generally speaking, from a regular 6-10kg TNT mine, the crew of an MBT would be fine (unless they're incredibly unlucky) but definitely rattled and out of action for a while. The track or tracks are gone of course, as are roadwheels, suspension arms, etc. so the tank isn't moving on its own anywhere for a long, long while. So Same thing with the APC's in the game, as I'd venture a guess they've a v-shaped hull. Both of the IFV's (Marder, Anders) would be goners, though. So I do agree that unless we get tracks/engine as modules that can be damaged, the better alternative is just to OHK the vehicle to keep atleast a semblance of authenticity.

That said, judged purely on appearance, the mine in the game seems to be some sort of shaped charge variant, so it'll cut through all of the vehicles like a knife through butter.

The shaped charge mines can pen more, and even if they couldn't, the bottom of the hull even in modern tanks isn't that thick. 

There's basically no risk involved, you can just chuck them way before any tank shows up and forget all about it. Though I agree that the concept of placing as many mines as you like with no limit on it whatsoever does have the potential for some cheese anti-tank tactics.

At any rate, I think it's premature to make judgements on whether or not there needs to be a nerf as the majority of players haven't figured out how to use them yet. 

and still no mine can 1 hit a tank , in countries they faced the Abrams they dig  up the ground with a mine and under it a 60-100KG of explosives which its lethal to tank crew , thats why they started to use mine clearing line charge ,even so some shape charged cant even penetrate the tracks of the tank,and talking about hitting from the bottom new tanks are getting a frontal bottom armor 

On 10/31/2018 at 1:40 PM, Idono said:

Considering that the game does lean a tad towards future tech we could have some kind of system that scans for magnetic signatures on the ground and give the player a warning in a 10 meter radius. Also to counteract that system we could have composite mines that do less damage but are undetectable.

What about them wooden bastards our detectors don't pick up?

Okay that cute reference aside. 

Okay. so if you can give me a prime example of when a vehicle hasn't rolled over a landmine has not been fatally disabled or destroyed please let me know. Due to design considerations (mobility, chassis shock absorption etc the underside of the tank is always going to be the most vulnerable part of any tank so of course a tank will be utterly inoperable after the bomb hits it, whether it kills the crew inside or not is open to debate but yeah.. landmines usually do suck and that's why military forces spend allot of time clearing a way through landmines or carpet bomb an area to clear them out as  like it or not even the legendary M1a3 Abrams can be taken out of commission courtesy of a fatty it just rolled over. 

Besides as it is now landmines are one of the only few very solid counters to tanks, in particular that busted BMP turret system the Russian tanks use. If your a tank driver think about where someone could possibly be hiding a landmine and avoid those routes if possible. and also don't be afraid to expend some HE ammo at a choke point, You can kill landmines using explosive ordinance, 

I say keep landmines as they are. They do their job. its up to the driver to be smart about it and think of his engagement zone before diving into a fight.

• Like 1