omar_uav

mines need nerf

@Twitch_Hawkeyepc give me a example of when it has first. Show me were a anti tank mine kills the crew and or destroys the entire tank.

Land mines are for mobility kills. The mines have to be driven over by the track part of the tank to detonate which is on the edge of the tank. Anti tank mines are designed for mobility kills of tanks not to out right destroy them.

This is what it looks like when a tank hits a anti tank mine.

Again the mines would not explode right under the chassis since that part of the vic would not touch the mine at all to be able to set it off.

If you want to use "realism" as a reason to push a certain gameplay balance then please at least be correct about it.

Along with that gameplay over "realism"

I drive tanks alot and I think they are super strong. I think mines are fine as they are. It's not that hard to spot them from 3rd person (you can even zoom in onto the groud while in 3rd person by right clicking). You just have to move carefully, scan the area where you wanna move to. With mines not being able to 1 shot tanks it would be way too easy (it's still super fucking easy to play tanks and perform well). Mines on your spawn are the most obvious ones, so far I have spotted and destroyed all of them.

They should limit them to 2 per player though.

Edited by happysouls

17 hours ago, Twitch_Hawkeyepc said:

What about them wooden bastards our detectors don't pick up?

Okay that cute reference aside. 

Okay. so if you can give me a prime example of when a vehicle hasn't rolled over a landmine has not been fatally disabled or destroyed please let me know. Due to design considerations (mobility, chassis shock absorption etc the underside of the tank is always going to be the most vulnerable part of any tank so of course a tank will be utterly inoperable after the bomb hits it, whether it kills the crew inside or not is open to debate but yeah.. landmines usually do suck and that's why military forces spend allot of time clearing a way through landmines or carpet bomb an area to clear them out as  like it or not even the legendary M1a3 Abrams can be taken out of commission courtesy of a fatty it just rolled over. 

Besides as it is now landmines are one of the only few very solid counters to tanks, in particular that busted BMP turret system the Russian tanks use. If your a tank driver think about where someone could possibly be hiding a landmine and avoid those routes if possible. and also don't be afraid to expend some HE ammo at a choke point, You can kill landmines using explosive ordinance, 

I say keep landmines as they are. They do their job. its up to the driver to be smart about it and think of his engagement zone before diving into a fight.

you are talking as if landmines is this game are too big to notice or as if there is flags on top of the mines or the mines yell when you get close to it ,i got killed by people planting mines in out base rearm site, poeple just spam it and its too OP , it doesnt require skills its just there to mess your tanks nothing more, no skills needed in mining just spam it at base spawn area or at choke points , you cant counter it by skills which make it too OP 

51 minutes ago, happysouls said:

I drive tanks alot and I think they are super strong. I think mines are fine as they are. It's not that hard to spot them from 3rd person (you can even zoom in onto the groud while in 3rd person by right clicking). You just have to move carefully, scan the area where you wanna move to. With mines not being able to 1 shot tanks it would be way too easy (it's still super fucking easy to play tanks and perform well). Mines on your spawn are the most obvious ones, so far I have spotted and destroyed all of them.

They should limit them to 2 per player though.

who told you tanks are super strong?  just a couple of mines your base and you gone, also 2 guys with RPG attacking from 2 different sides can easily kill your tank 

2 hours ago, omar_uav said:

who told you tanks are super strong?  just a couple of mines your base and you gone, also 2 guys with RPG attacking from 2 different sides can easily kill your tank 

if you're bad enough and have no strategy then this will happen all the time. If you have brains it's unlikely to happen. You just gotta play somewhat smart, it's super easy to fuck shit up with tanks.

I play tanks all the time so I know.

Edited by happysouls

15 hours ago, TZoningHard said:

@Twitch_Hawkeyepc give me a example of when it has first. Show me were a anti tank mine kills the crew and or destroys the entire tank.

Land mines are for mobility kills. The mines have to be driven over by the track part of the tank to detonate which is on the edge of the tank. Anti tank mines are designed for mobility kills of tanks not to out right destroy them.

Again the mines would not explode right under the chassis since that part of the vic would not touch the mine at all to be able to set it off.

If you want to use "realism" as a reason to push a certain gameplay balance then please at least be correct about it.

Actually modern AT mines use magnetic triggers... or combination of pressure plate and magnetic trigger. Most modern mines use shaped charge and if only magnetic trigger is used it's usually set to strike underbelly of vehicles/

• Like 2

17 hours ago, TZoningHard said:

As Marg said. Shaped charge landmines (a lovely list for you to paruse below) are meant to penetrate the tank and kill the crew inside and as you can see from the long list their is quite a few of them in active service today. they shoot jets of molten copper into the tank ontop of the disabling explosion that will knock out the treads, and yes while it depends on where the tank is hit it still doesn't matter. the tank is out of commission and as i said whether it kills the crew is open to argument as  yes where the warhead pops under the tank will depend on who dies or lives. and i should say some of these evil buggers can penn up to 100mm of composite or steel armor

So either way. your tank gets hit its out of commission and especially if its a mine that uses the Misznay Schardin effect that explosion is going to penn into the cab and spray molten copper everywhere. So landmines are very much so deadly and modern day EU armies do use them. the HPD 2 a prime example as a french landmine in operation.

I therefore do know my stuff good sir and assure you that i did my homework before posting.

Adrushy mine

ARGES mine

AT2 mine

ATM 6 mine

ATM 7 mine

ATM 2000E

BAT/7 mine

FFV 016 mine

FFV 028 mine

HAK-1 mine

Hohl-Sprung mine 4672

HPD-1 mine

HPD-2 mine

HPD-3 mine

K441/442 mine

Kasia 100/170 mine

L14A1 mine

KB-PTM mine

KRIZNA-D mine

M21 mine

M-24 mine

MC-71 mine

MIACAH F1 mine

MI AC Disp F1 Minotaur mine

MIFF mine

Mine Anti-Tank Non-detectable 1A

Mine Anti-Tank Non-detectable 3A

MN-111 mine

MN-121 mine

MN-123 mine

MPB mine

MSM MK2 mine

MUSA mine

MUSPA mine

No 8 mine

Panzer stab 43

PARM 1 mine

PARM 2 mine

PD Mi-PK mine

PT Mi-D1 mine

PT Mi-P mine

PT Mi-U mine

PTM-3 mine

Pz Mi 88 mine

SATM mine

SB-MV/1 mine

SLAM mine

T-93 mine

TM-72 mine

TM-83 mine

TM-89 mine

TMK-2 mine

TMRP-7 mine

Type 84 mine

UKA-63 mine

VS-HCT mine

VS-HCT2 mine

VS-HCT4 mine

VS-SATM1 mine

Edited by Twitch_Hawkeyepc

3 hours ago, omar_uav said:

you are talking as if landmines is this game are too big to notice or as if there is flags on top of the mines or the mines yell when you get close to it ,i got killed by people planting mines in out base rearm site, poeple just spam it and its too OP , it doesnt require skills its just there to mess your tanks nothing more, no skills needed in mining just spam it at base spawn area or at choke points , you cant counter it by skills which make it too OP 

I rarely have a problem with landmines as i check for them especially when pushing through chokes or before i report to the repair depot, i also don't drive my tank on "common pathways" either if i can avoid it, to the observant eye you can spot them on the ground and when in doubt, don't be afraid to fire a HE round straight into an area you suspect as being landmined.

Out of 25 hours played in tanks so far I have only had 3 instances where someone has killed me with landmines. So yes. i am talking like landmines are too big to notice, or as if their is flags on them as i am constantly aware and on the lookout for them :D and that is the key thing. they are the farthest thing from OP if you stay on alert for them. Its the people who do not pay attention who ultimately get a landmine shoved up their kisser.

• Like 1

Gonna give you a big N.O good buddy. Vehicles are almost always limited to the WINNING side, which is ridiculous. So there needs to be some easy and extremely effective means to deal with them. The tanks are the appropriate response tbh.

34 minutes ago, Valaska said:

Gonna give you a big N.O good buddy. Vehicles are almost always limited to the WINNING side, which is ridiculous. So there needs to be some easy and extremely effective means to deal with them. The tanks are the appropriate response tbh.

RPG's and TOR (for now), RPG has special warhead that can oneshot almost everything 

12 hours ago, Marg said:

RPG's and TOR (for now), RPG has special warhead that can oneshot almost everything 

I've taken multiple tandems in my LAV, the tank is a whole other story. Mines on a losing team thats getting pounded requires a tank to drive straight up to their spawn or where they are holding and start camping so I'm going to say they aren't "OP" what-so-ever, they are a check balance for when a team is spamming the hell out of vehicle. TOR is ridiculous yeah but any tanker with therman/infra are going to wreck you as soon as you poke your head out.

8 hours ago, Valaska said:

I've taken multiple tandems in my LAV

AfC79o9.png

Edited by Marg
  • Like 1

On 11/4/2018 at 2:39 PM, omar_uav said:

and still no mine can 1 hit a tank , in countries they faced the Abrams they dig  up the ground with a mine and under it a 60-100KG of explosives which its lethal to tank crew , thats why they started to use mine clearing line charge ,even so some shape charged cant even penetrate the tracks of the tank,and talking about hitting from the bottom new tanks are getting a frontal bottom armor 

you are confusing IED devices which are repurposed explosives, not purpose built anti tank mines. Also you are ignorant if your think the tracks of a tank are well armored, the fact is they are painfully EASY to disable, with even the most basic and light of military grade explosives..

yeah I would like a place holder system for disabled tracks. tanks should have to run over the mind with a track to set it off as well.

A long to accomplish mechanic to fix the track to be done outside of a fire fight. Having tanks be demobilized and stuck would help in taking them out but with more depth. Also setting off a min could pin the tank on the mini map for a short time.

"We are tank comrade! They take out our threads, we become artillery! They take out our gun, we become pillbox! They take out our machine gun, we become bunker! They take out our armor, we become heroes!"

On 11/9/2018 at 2:51 AM, ill said:

A disabled or immobilized tank means the tank is ouf combat imo.

Immobilized means not mobile imo. Turret still works, so does every thing else and disable could mean a variety of things.

Tankers can fix their track if they brought the replacements with them.

Claiming mines are too strong with all these OP tanks in the game LUL! Also devs should go one step forward and also add anti personel mines like claymores.

• Like 1

I think the perfect gameplay solution is to remove "gadget packs" from the game!
In BF2 it worked perfectly. Why not take good things that were enjoyable in that game and change those which wasn't?

It would resolve half of the existing balance problems.
Like cancer RPGs? OP AT mines? Now you will think about where to throw a grenade, instead of just throwing them from one boutique to another?

And of course, there is a HUUUGE question of balancing tanks themselves.

Also making the game less arcade shooter and more tactic shooter (which game claims to be), and if you want so - "makes it more realistic"

We don't have vehicle disabling capabilities in the game yet (it might be in at some point), but we'll take a look at this problem. We're only just starting balancing and this is the not-really-fun part of making the game with our players - it will be unbalanced and broken at times, but you do have a real influence over it in the end.

Thanks for topics like this, it's cool to see you ideas :)