Sign in to follow this  
Viizion

Spawnsystem

Getting killed 3 three times over by spawning on one of the own team locations.. it really needs a good fix

I personally believe that when you try to spawn on a flag you acknowledge the risk that there will be enemies going for that particular flag. I don't see a problem with this. 

What should be addressed - however - is spawn camping. 

• Like 2

as harconjj said, you must know and be careful where to spawn, you can't do it in a contested or captured point and spect to live XD, anyway, devs already know this problem and they are working on it

• Like 1

The spawn system will be COMPLETELY redesigned because it doesn't work. We'll also be introducing additional spawn mechanics to make spawning a tactical choice and not just a matter of convenience.

Edited by Borreh
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Borreh said:

The spawn system will be COMPLETELY redesigned because it doesn't work. We'll also be introducing additional spawn mechanics to make spawning a tactical choice and not just a matter of convenience.

Will this be coming in the patch next week or the big content patch mid nov?

4 hours ago, Borreh said:

This makes me feel better, I personally don't mind spawning on obj in the open like in bf. But this system where its RIGHT on top of the flag facing a random direction is kinda broken. Any change that makes it more tactical rather then everyone spawn in on the flag being taken is a fix in my book.

2 hours ago, Butta On Tha Pancakes said:

Will this be coming in the patch next week or the big content patch mid nov?

Probably later than that, we didn't have the time to redesign it yet, but I think there's a fair chance it should happen within the first few major patches (don't quote me on this!).

22 minutes ago, Borreh said:

It will happen within the first major patch.

That sounds good! ?

Jokes aside, it is nice that the spawn system will be reworked, for me personally it wasn't quite as flexible and reliable as I would like to see it.

Edited by Brady_The
  • Haha 1

Nice one :P

Believe me, when we're playing WW3 we're raging at the same things you guys are ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Some ideas to consider-

Allowing the squad leader to spawn in on the squad as a unit under some circumstances like having multiple squad members in a certain radius. To make unit cohesion less impracticable for most squads.

Or having a 2nd in command based off of the highest score streak player living that is also near a squad member who the squad leader can spawn on.

Or 2nd in command could be a position that doesn't change.

Or any other metrics could be used to determine a appropriate 2nd in command though out the game.

Squad leader spawning should only be for the squad leader to get back to his squad but not too fast as to not allow the fight to progress . Also not  to be used as a teleporting spawn feature to have squads cross maps.

Have timers for the squadleader respawn to allow to respawn after a fight has time to progress so you do not have zombie squads respawning off each other. The squad should be able to come to a point that its is not longer combat effective and not considered a squad but having 3 or more members required would be too much.

Have a timer that keeps squad members from spawning till some time after the leader respawned.

I would also say that spawn waves should be a thing to help cohesion and team strength. It was a great mechanic in Insurgency that helped keep the losing team from being farmed one by one and help with a coordinated push. It would be much more fun for both sides.

I dont know how I would feel with respawning on points as it usually results in random pubbies spawning in instead of cohesive squads.

For a squad to spawn in on a point they would have to die at the same time. I dont think that objective point spawning on enemy occupied objectives should be a thing since it leads to awkward whack a mole appearing man situations.

Having spawns not a part of the objectives directly would be great as long as its not a situation of random people coming from checked/random sides.

Maybe have a off centered protected area that can be spawn at out of view of possible enemy's to push out of which would eat up a lot of dev time.

Squad leader picked spawn locations out side of main based off of what points you control would help in funneling the same squad to spawn at the same point. Combined with a wave like spawn time system could be really good.

-Just some ideas that might fit in with your aim or could be added on/with your spawn ideas.

On 10/30/2018 at 9:48 PM, harconjj said:

I personally believe that when you try to spawn on a flag you acknowledge the risk that there will be enemies going for that particular flag. I don't see a problem with this. 

What should be addressed - however - is spawn camping. 

Yeah, but that means the game would spawn you Infront of an enemy Leo or 1 meter away from an enemy aiming down sight?? Because this is actually how the game spawn you in without calculating where enemies are located around. I can't even hold count of the amount of times the game spawned my INFRONT of an enemy tank. Not behind, not around the tank but INFRONT of it. The spawn system as a whole is garbage 

Edited by degameros

@degameros ITs because the tank knows where the spawn locations are and is trying to farm you.

When you spawn at objective you got to come in to that spawn understanding that some one might be trying to spawn kill you.

It spawn at your own risk scenario since they are trying to fight for that point as well. spawn killing at a main spawn how ever is douche bag move.

1 hour ago, degameros said:

...The spawn system as a whole is garbage 

The spawn system ist not finished. Our team is working out some mechanics to improve it.

At the moment it can often be frustrating to spawn at a captured point, and we also know that some players take advantage of that.

1 hour ago, TZoningHard said:

@degameros ITs because the tank knows where the spawn locations are and is trying to farm you.

When you spawn at objective you got to come in to that spawn understanding that some one might be trying to spawn kill you.

It spawn at your own risk scenario since they are trying to fight for that point as well. spawn killing at a main spawn how ever is douche bag move.

Still should be fixed. The Objective area is bigger than on single dot to spawn you at. If the tank driver know where we spawn its good for him but the game shouldnt spawn you at the same location time after time when there are other places in the objective area it can spawn you. Hence why they themselves are saying they are going to fix it. 

Edited by degameros
  • Like 1