Sign in to follow this  
sightseeer

Attack/Defend order needs auto-transition into Defend/Attack

• When we defend order and the enemy team takes the point, the order just vanishes instead of the order transitioning into an attack order.
    •  Very often its really tight when the enemy is nearly finished capping and we touch the point, but we dont get it and we stay in a firefight, there is no time to make a new order while in that firefight and the whole squad misses on the points while killing them.
  • We need to be able to give orders while in a vehicle.
  • We need to be able to give order on the map.
  • We need to be able to change squad/squad leader while alive. 

• Like 1

Transitioning from defend to attack is a good idea, not sure about transitioning from attack to defend though as you can't request orders from your leader if there's already an objective marked, so it'd be too easy for a leader to forget to assign a new target after capturing one.

You can already give orders while driving a vehicle, do you mean as a passenger? I haven't tried that yet.

50 minutes ago, Cral said:

Transitioning from defend to attack is a good idea, not sure about transitioning from attack to defend though as you can't request orders from your leader if there's already an objective marked, so it'd be too easy for a leader to forget to assign a new target after capturing one.

You can already give orders while driving a vehicle, do you mean as a passenger? I haven't tried that yet.

If the squad leader forgets, you can just leave the squad and make a new one. For example on Berlin large, I would let the order on B1 most of the time as people dont seem to grasp its importance on that map.

About the marking while in vehicle, you are right, it was my bad, I didn't know there is a specific binding separated from infantry marking. I had the marking while in vehicle still on the default binding X which I do not use at all.

2 minutes ago, sightseeer said:

If the squad leader forgets, you can just leave the squad and make a new one. For example on Berlin large, I would let the order on B1 most of the time as people dont seem to grasp its importance on that map.

About the marking while in vehicle, you are right, it was my bad, I didn't know there is a specific binding separated from infantry marking. I had the marking while in vehicle still on the default binding X which I do not use at all.

Specifically marking an objective to defend is fine, I just mean that when an objective is marked for attack, automatically marking it as defend when it's captured is probably not the best idea.

Just now, Cral said:

Specifically marking an objective to defend is fine, I just mean that when an objective is marked for attack, automatically marking it as defend when it's captured is probably not the best idea.

It is the most intuitive though.

8 minutes ago, sightseeer said:

It is the most intuitive though.

Agree to disagree, when an objective is capped the next thing I usually find myself doing is defending/attacking a different objective.

6 minutes ago, Cral said:

Agree to disagree, when an objective is capped the next thing I usually find myself doing is defending/attacking a different objective.

But if you attack an objective, your squad gets additional points for kills in the close vicinity. This bonus instantly stops when the order vanishes, but it should still stay at least for a few seconds, for that bonus especially because the squad leader is maybe in a fire fight that stops him from giving orders.

2 minutes ago, sightseeer said:

But if you attack an objective, your squad gets additional points for kills in the close vicinity. This bonus instantly stops when the order vanishes, but it should still stay at least for a few seconds, for that bonus especially because the squad leader is maybe in a fire fight that stops him from giving orders.

I'd rather have the ability to request new orders asap but like I said, it just sounds like we have different preferences.

Edited by Cral

1 hour ago, Cral said:

I'd rather have the ability to request new orders asap but like I said, it just sounds like we have different preferences.

Then the transitioned could be something like a passive order, which still allows the squad leader to refresh and the squad members to request new orders.

So there would be a need to split orders into passive and active ones. 

Sign in to follow this