Sharkie

Some Really Bad Issues | Pls fix

Okay, I love the game so far, but there's a few things that make me really want to quit playing until they get fixed.

Spawning is horrible. The spawn selection screen can be buggy sometimes, like not being able to spawn on the quad leader. But stuff like that is expected with EA so whatever. My main problem with spawning is getting spawn killed. There's no spawn protection, and sometimes I get killed before my screen has totally loaded in. I also feel like we should be able to spawn on any member of the squad, not just the leader. There's already been a bunch of discussion on this but I think it might help with another issue.

One team, almost always, dominates the map. The only assistance the losing team gets is an extra base spawn on a side of the map as a flank. But it never works out. Getting all points taken from you, being pushed back to your spawn, then having pretty much no way of getting any points back feels terrible. I feel like being able to spawn on any member of your squad would help with being able to secure and defend points a lot easier. 

It could just be the losing team is way less organized than the winning team, which seems to be the case sometimes, when my whole team is sitting just within the spawn, while I rush by trying to capture the obj. But if I could spawn off the 4 other guys actually playing the obj, maybe we could get a couple and come back.

Tanks are also really good. Especially when they have APS. If a tank has a skilled operator, upgraded armor, and APS, it's almost impossible to take out without a whole squad firing RPGs at the same time. There's been plenty of times where an enemy tank has destroyed my team, and no matter how many RPGs I put down-range, the tank was fine. (I'm also guilty of this, it was super fun for me but I kinda felt bad about it lmao)

And finally, some balancing stuff. The RPG is way too good against infantry, plenty of posts about that already. Imo it's way too hard to snipe, but I'm probably just bad. Shotguns are the real snipers in this game, etc. I'm sure all this stuff will be adjusted in the future, since I've heard plenty of people complain in game and on Discord.

Sorry for the long / rant post, but these things are extremely frustrating, and not hearing much news from the devs, on top of this, makes me want to put down the game.
Let me know what you guys think, I really want to hear your feedback!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Sharkie said:

Okay, I love the game so far, but there's a few things that make me really want to quit playing until they get fixed.

Spawning is horrible. The spawn selection screen can be buggy sometimes, like not being able to spawn on the quad leader. But stuff like that is expected with EA so whatever. My main problem with spawning is getting spawn killed. There's no spawn protection, and sometimes I get killed before my screen has totally loaded in. I also feel like we should be able to spawn on any member of the squad, not just the leader. There's already been a bunch of discussion on this but I think it might help with another issue.

One team, almost always, dominates the map. The only assistance the losing team gets is an extra base spawn on a side of the map as a flank. But it never works out. Getting all points taken from you, being pushed back to your spawn, then having pretty much no way of getting any points back feels terrible. I feel like being able to spawn on any member of your squad would help with being able to secure and defend points a lot easier. 

It could just be the losing team is way less organized than the winning team, which seems to be the case sometimes, when my whole team is sitting just within the spawn, while I rush by trying to capture the obj. But if I could spawn off the 4 other guys actually playing the obj, maybe we could get a couple and come back.

Tanks are also really good. Especially when they have APS. If a tank has a skilled operator, upgraded armor, and APS, it's almost impossible to take out without a whole squad firing RPGs at the same time. There's been plenty of times where an enemy tank has destroyed my team, and no matter how many RPGs I put down-range, the tank was fine. (I'm also guilty of this, it was super fun for me but I kinda felt bad about it lmao)

And finally, some balancing stuff. The RPG is way too good against infantry, plenty of posts about that already. Imo it's way too hard to snipe, but I'm probably just bad. Shotguns are the real snipers in this game, etc. I'm sure all this stuff will be adjusted in the future, since I've heard plenty of people complain in game and on Discord.

Sorry for the long / rant post, but these things are extremely frustrating, and not hearing much news from the devs, on top of this, makes me want to put down the game.
Let me know what you guys think, I really want to hear your feedback!

Okay, gonna reply to that.

Spawning IS BAD. It deserves a fix ASAP.

Team balance on other hand... it needs progression system enabled and a way to sort similarly skilled players matched against each other.

Tanks are strong, true. But few well-placed sniper/AR shots on vision systems or electronic systems can force the driver out of tank to fix it.

And I already said something about shotguns - you can check my older thread where I suggested few fixes on shotguns. 

About RPGs, and explosives overall - they are INCONSISTENT!

3 minutes ago, VenenaMedicus said:

Okay, gonna reply to that.

Spawning IS BAD. It deserves a fix ASAP.

Team balance on other hand... it needs progression system enabled and a way to sort similarly skilled players matched against each other.

Tanks are strong, true. But few well-placed sniper/AR shots on vision systems or electronic systems can force the driver out of tank to fix it.

And I already said something about shotguns - you can check my older thread where I suggested few fixes on shotguns. 

About RPGs, and explosives overall - they are INCONSISTENT!

Having some kind of matchmaking would be nice, but at least atm I feel like there aren't enough players to have skill based matchmaking. I could be wrong though.

Tue, you can take out the optics or APS with a sniper or something, but a sniper tank with HE usually beats a sniper with a .50 peeking around a barricade lol

Tbh shotguns are bad, but the least of my worries. I have a lot of fun with them, and usually aren't a problem for me, I'd rather see the other stuff fixed first.

Inconsistent for sure. Especially with strikes. I think artillery needs more splash damage or something, and RPGs need better armor penetration. 

1 minute ago, Sharkie said:

Having some kind of matchmaking would be nice, but at least atm I feel like there aren't enough players to have skill based matchmaking. I could be wrong though.

Tue, you can take out the optics or APS with a sniper or something, but a sniper tank with HE usually beats a sniper with a .50 peeking around a barricade lol

Tbh shotguns are bad, but the least of my worries. I have a lot of fun with them, and usually aren't a problem for me, I'd rather see the other stuff fixed first.

Inconsistent for sure. Especially with strikes. I think artillery needs more splash damage or something, and RPGs need better armor penetration. 

Aaaand RPGs need a FULL splash area damage. So if you use them like shotguns at CQB - you risk getting hit by blast too.

1 minute ago, VenenaMedicus said:

Aaaand RPGs need a FULL splash area damage. So if you use them like shotguns at CQB - you risk getting hit by blast too.

Yeah the first time I killed someone with an RPG in a hallway I was laughing my ass off because I took no damage then noticed 90% of the players were using them like shotguns that match

I have only played about 10 actual hours of Gameplay and so I do not have a really deep level of experience in the game, but I think that the overall balance is currently (badly) influenced by:

• Map size - Currently the maps are way too big for the amount of players on them. The result is Snowballing as we know it from BF1.
  • No Team balance - Players of the loosing team will leave the server or join the winning team, while nobody from the other team will get switched over.
  • Map layout - There are points on maps which are very easy easy to attack or very hard to hold. There are also some bottlenecks on maps which are hard to overcome.
  • Spawning - As mentioned by other spawning seems to be buggy in regards of being able to spawn on the SL. Otherwise you only have options to spawn in the main base which is often very far away (see map size)
  • Score streaks - A team that is playing "better" is further buffed by being able to call in powerful call-ins more frequently. This is tipping the balance over further in one direction.
  • Armor/Weapon Balance - Right now there are some options that are just better. This is especially the case with armor. If the majority of one team is using heavy armor, chances are good they will win most engagements over players that do not use it. 

On 10/31/2018 at 9:03 AM, Sharkie said:

dont tell anyone but the .50 does massive damage by just hitting a tanks turret even from front and on the "heavy" turrets  

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 8:48 AM, Schlagerfreund said:

Map size - Currently the maps are way too big for the amount of players on them. The result is Snowballing as we know it from BF1.

As a new player, I agree completely with this, for the reasons above, plus that the game would benefit from a much stronger CQC element to the play.

They dont have the skill based match making in yet most likely. we can see how team balance is after that.

the bottle necks are designed to be fight locations and points of conflict to funnel people into a fight but allowing flank paths.

The map size is alright for medium. IDK about the large map fighting over 4 points spread out so much. There is usually one point off away from the rest that is just a displeasure to go and recap becasue no one or only like one person is over there. The 4 points maps are annoying. But the size over all is fine, the guns can cover the distance needed. They also got alternate paths on stand by to open up for balancing.

this current spawn system is going to get replaced soon.

Score streaks are OK, you should be rewarded and the strikes have no major impact except against tanks which are also streaks but are very counterable.

Armor balance is getting a rework, in the near future it sounds like.

Ping lag is surprisingly not bad for being at 100-150 average for me.

SMGs are getting a buff in the near future. Shotguns are fine except for the vepr which needs a tweak but not really so nerf worthy. LOL a buff counter, sound like some Rock Paper Scissors easy way out balancing instead of actually fixing the real balance.

RPGs should have back blast, and not get ammo from the ammo bag. The devs know they are being cheesed and have already lessen the splash.