Wez85

Tanks are way too overpowered

I know everyone has seen those insane tank K/D:s? I have in almost every game, and i have 40h of game play.  I like this game. It's like the modern battlefield we should have had this year instead of ww2 all over again. 

I like to play on foot. I don't like using vehicles and i don't mind if anyone is using a tank. The thing that bothers me is that as an infantry you have not so many effective options to take out that tank. Shooting RPG's just make's tanks go away and suddenly they are back fully healed ready to kill you, oh and you just shot all of your 3 rpg's. What about that landmine? Well it is in wrong Place so tank won't go over it. Now people might say, take ammo or gadet pack with you and you have more ammo and gadgets. Yeees, but that is slow way to get them and tank will eventually kill you.

Im not suggesting to nerf the tanks. I am saying maybe we should get better weapons to fight them. Artillery and bombings aren't fast enough. Tanks can move out of the way. I' ve killed one tank with bombing and help of flying eye.

So maybe you should give powerfull armor piercing bazooka to get with battlepoints? Not expensive, but not too easy to get? Maybe with 2000bp i think?  APILAS- Anti tank rocket launcher?

That would give some tank drivers fear and respect for infantry. Now they are just coming to feast in every  capture point where they can get. 

And tank drivers you can roast me up now, but i'll hope some infantry guys will agree with me. And Devs i hope you are listening :)

And forgot to mention. If you can get tanks from your Homebase and even order them with battlepoints would it be fair that you can order anti- tank weapons too?

I hear you, and I partially agree with you. To explain it, I'll share my experience with you. ?

I usually spend a lot of time collecting BP to get the tank I want. Once I get it, I move to the point XYZ and... Duck, there goes the ducking landmine that instantly kills me. Or suddenly every ducking soldier gets RPG and I'm out in a matter of minutes (because I use "stock" Leo).

Yes, I see people mastering the tanks and they rule the map. But I think that is due to IMBA APS. If tank has APS, then it is very, very, very hard to do any damage to it. If that (and landmines) would be somehow addressed, then I think the balance would be OK.

Even if the tank is dominating the game, usually it looks like (I guess) intended - tank is staying somewhere far away, supporting the infantry.

Also I suspect that "dominating tank" is part of "one team dominates the game" subject. So it is rather part of the problem, not the problem itself. What I mean is, when one team gains advantage of any sort, it is very hard in this game to take back the initiative - and that is the perspective of "dominating tanks" in the game for me.

What do you think?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Piotr524562 said:

I hear you, and I partially agree with you. To explain it, I'll share my experience with you. ?

I usually spend a lot of time collecting BP to get the tank I want. Once I get it, I move to the point XYZ and... Duck, there goes the ducking landmine that instantly kills me. Or suddenly every ducking soldier gets RPG and I'm out in a matter of minutes (because I use "stock" Leo).

Yes, I see people mastering the tanks and they rule the map. But I think that is due to IMBA APS. If tank has APS, then it is very, very, very hard to do any damage to it. If that (and landmines) would be somehow addressed, then I think the balance would be OK.

Even if the tank is dominating the game, usually it looks like (I guess) intended - tank is staying somewhere far away, supporting the infantry.

Also I suspect that "dominating tank" is part of "one team dominates the game" subject. So it is rather part of the problem, not the problem itself. What I mean is, when one team gains advantage of any sort, it is very hard in this game to take back the initiative - and that is the perspective of "dominating tanks" in the game for me.

What do you think?

Nice feedback :) i've hardly driven a tank in this game so i can't argue with that. It is true while team is winning usually they have dominating tanks as well. As an infantry when i am  on the loosing side, i just feel i can't really make damage or any fear to them. i've got to handle enemys infantry first and then face the unbeatable tank who eventually kills me. I can handle tree enemy infantry guys well, but a tank. That is a no go. But if they add that Anti-tank weapon obtainable by battleponts  i can take that tank maybe too. Now if you manage to survive groups of enemies as an infantry, start to capture point, tank comes and kills you like it was nothing. It takes that feeling of achievment away. Only thing that killed you is man hiding behind tons of armour and just point and clicks you. And usually those guys when they got killed, wait for the new tank and comes back with another one. And believe me when i face them as an infantry player they usually get's killed by me. 

I don't give credit to high k/d:s to tank players. I think they are just afraid to die. But when i see skilled infantry man and get killed by it, that doesn't bother.

Tanks are capable of doing a lot. However, they are pretty easy to counter with TOR's, mines or even strikes. Just let people figure out the game a bit, and they will eventually learn how to deal with them. (And yes, I'm one of those people going 60/3)

If anything we need vehicles to be more of a team asset than a personal power-up, to incentivize keeping them alive. Maybe also make the repair times a bit longer, or put the repair station further from the battlefield, so if you force a tank to retreat it will be gone for longer.

Edited by Gapis
  • Like 1

or maybe no repair station at all? When the tank is used, it's used. i can honestly say main fun in the game is infantry combat

have you ever gotten 60/3 kd on infantry? i bet not. My best is 33 kills and 6 deaths in a round. No vehicles, no sniping, just genuine face to face fair combat. Then you feel the achievments tou've done. I bet if i got 60/3 kd with a tank it would make me feel guilty

2 hours ago, Wez85 said:

You can one tap a tank if you use a tandem RPG from behind, in fact the tandem will one tap a standard LAV from the side I believe. Tanks can also be massively hindered by shooting out their optics/APS/turret, but so few people actually try it, they just leave the tanks for teammates to deal with instead.

I'm also hoping they reduce the cost of guided missiles and increase the cost of tanks, which would help balance things if a tank can just be destroyed instantly.

Edited by Cral
  • Like 1

oh, boy i've tried to shoot out those optics and what i get for reward? A blast from a tank cannon and it kills me even if i'm behind the cover :D

hmmm, maybe if i can get blast proof suit and an anti-material rifle trough battlepoints and be able to one shot tanks. Maybe tank fanboys could understand my struggle as an infantry guy :D

19 minutes ago, Wez85 said:

hmmm, maybe if i can get blast proof suit and an anti-material rifle trough battlepoints and be able to one shot tanks. Maybe tank fanboys could understand my struggle as an infantry guy :D

I'm an infantry guy by the way and I make a point of destroying tanks whenever possible, the biggest reason why tanks dominate right now is because players just don't try to destroy them, if a tank appears and you don't have an RPG in your loadout, the next time you die you should be switching to one that does immediately and trying to take it out. If enough people try to actively take out a tank it'll have a hard time affecting the battle. 

The one balance problem I have with them at the moment is in the latter stages of the game you can get into a situation where one team has so many points that every time you destroy a tank, another one gets called in immediately. That can be easily fixed with some tuning from the devs though.

3 hours ago, Wez85 said:

I know everyone has seen those insane tank K/D:s? I have in almost every game, and i have 40h of game play.  I like this game. It's like the modern battlefield we should have had this year instead of ww2 all over again. 

I like to play on foot. I don't like using vehicles and i don't mind if anyone is using a tank. The thing that bothers me is that as an infantry you have not so many effective options to take out that tank. Shooting RPG's just make's tanks go away and suddenly they are back fully healed ready to kill you, oh and you just shot all of your 3 rpg's. What about that landmine? Well it is in wrong Place so tank won't go over it. Now people might say, take ammo or gadet pack with you and you have more ammo and gadgets. Yeees, but that is slow way to get them and tank will eventually kill you.

Im not suggesting to nerf the tanks. I am saying maybe we should get better weapons to fight them. Artillery and bombings aren't fast enough. Tanks can move out of the way. I' ve killed one tank with bombing and help of flying eye.

So maybe you should give powerfull armor piercing bazooka to get with battlepoints? Not expensive, but not too easy to get? Maybe with 2000bp i think?  APILAS- Anti tank rocket launcher?

That would give some tank drivers fear and respect for infantry. Now they are just coming to feast in every  capture point where they can get. 

And tank drivers you can roast me up now, but i'll hope some infantry guys will agree with me. And Devs i hope you are listening :)

its tough taking out a tank by yourself. its like battlefield 1. u need another person with you to be certain u can take it down. i do think tanks are fine personally. but a hard hitting Battlepoint anti-tank item like a Javelin may be welcomed. perhaps to make sure its not to overpowered if they include the lock-on is to make the smoke trail last a lot longer and more visible. like a traser round.

i do think Airstrikes need to be buffed. i personally felt they come in way to slow, making them come faster will be much more convient to use against tanks. and to take away the ability to let the enemy know an ally airstrike is coming unless a UAV is there.

i also feel an anti tank wep isnt needed. there is plenty of ways to take a tank out. mines, rpgs, c4. but i entertained the idea for you.

so everyone is okay with that, that you can order a tank, but not okay that you could order an anti tank weapon with battlepoints? it doesn't sound fair to you? :D

even on bf4 you could find powerfull antitank weapons on the ground and they ripped trough tanks. Like you find tanks lying around from spawn points? ww3 you can order a tank with battlepoints, so why not antitank weapon? i don't get it?

26 minutes ago, Wez85 said:

so everyone is okay with that, that you can order a tank, but not okay that you could order an anti tank weapon with battlepoints? it doesn't sound fair to you? :D

im more neutral on the idea. hm... maybe such a powerful anti tank weapon could only spawn once all objectives are taken to deal with those pestering spawn camping tanks. as always, just entertaining the idea.

or at start of the round teams have only transportation vehicles. As soon as they capture 2 or more flags are tanks spawns available

but my honest opinion is ying needs yang. If you can get yourdelf a tank by bpoints you should get anti tank weapon also with bpoints. It's fair to anybody. And who knows if i am the only one who uses bp:s for that. For sure i haven't ordered a single tank in my games

4 minutes ago, Wez85 said:

but my honest opinion is ying needs yang. If you can get yourdelf a tank by bpoints you should get anti tank weapon also with bpoints. It's fair to anybody. And who knows if i am the only one who uses bp:s for that. For sure i haven't ordered a single tank in my games

You can get airstrikes and guided missiles already which are both great anti-tank rewards, they just need balancing a bit I think.

one thing i know. Guided missile costs 10000bp and you can luckily get 2 kills with it. If you wanna hit somebody with airstrike you should have flying eye on, and even then it's not guaranteed to get a kill. So how many kills can you get with a tank you ordered?  Like 30 kills per death :D and you think we don't need anti-tank weapon affordable with bp:s? After all who destroys the tank usually gets 1 kill. 1 kill compared to 30 kills that tank player got before you took out it's personal god mode power up. 

Edited by Wez85

2 minutes ago, Wez85 said:

one thing i know. Guided missile costs 10000bp and you can luckily get 2 kills with it. If you wanna hit somebody with airstrike you should have flying eye on, and even then it's not guaranteed to get a kill. So how many kills can you get with a tank you ordered?  Like 30 kills per death :D and you think we don't need anti-tank weapon affordable with bp:s? After all who destroys the tank usually gets 1 kill. 1 kill compared to 30 kills that tank player got before you took out it's personal god mode power up. 

What I said was that the guided missile is an anti-tank reward, in fact that's the best use for it, it's just overpriced which is why I also said "need balancing a bit".

Edited by Cral

just checked, best tank cost 3250bp :D:D that's freaking low compared to guided missile 10000bp. And don't forget you can repair your ordered tanks at repair station. 

Ok ok ok let me step in as a hardcore tank driver with scores like 52-0. Tanks are not OP, you can kill them fast if you shoot them with RPG at their back with 1- or 2 shots or with 1 mine or you can blind them if you shoot with sniper rifle at their visual system. I could go and complain then about RPGS and mines because everyone can use them. As a tank driver it is pain in the neck  to get first 6000 score for ordering  top-noch tank with all  equipment. I think game is balanced very well.

4 hours ago, Gapis said:

Tanks are capable of doing a lot. However, they are pretty easy to counter with TOR's, mines or even strikes. Just let people figure out the game a bit, and they will eventually learn how to deal with them. (And yes, I'm one of those people going 60/3)

If anything we need vehicles to be more of a team asset than a personal power-up, to incentivize keeping them alive. Maybe also make the repair times a bit longer, or put the repair station further from the battlefield, so if you force a tank to retreat it will be gone for longer.

3 hours ago, Cral said:

You can one tap a tank if you use a tandem RPG from behind, in fact the tandem will one tap a standard LAV from the side I believe. Tanks can also be massively hindered by shooting out their optics/APS/turret, but so few people actually try it, they just leave the tanks for teammates to deal with instead.

I'm also hoping they reduce the cost of guided missiles and increase the cost of tanks, which would help balance things if a tank can just be destroyed instantly.

2 hours ago, Amaterasu said:

its tough taking out a tank by yourself. its like battlefield 1. u need another person with you to be certain u can take it down. i do think tanks are fine personally. but a hard hitting Battlepoint anti-tank item like a Javelin may be welcomed. perhaps to make sure its not to overpowered if they include the lock-on is to make the smoke trail last a lot longer and more visible. like a traser round.

i do think Airstrikes need to be buffed. i personally felt they come in way to slow, making them come faster will be much more convient to use against tanks. and to take away the ability to let the enemy know an ally airstrike is coming unless a UAV is there.

i also feel an anti tank wep isnt needed. there is plenty of ways to take a tank out. mines, rpgs, c4. but i entertained the idea for you.

1 hour ago, Cral said:

What I said was that the guided missile is an anti-tank reward, in fact that's the best use for it, it's just overpriced which is why I also said "need balancing a bit".

so you use your home base spawn tank to get those 6000bp and then order even powerfull tank :D