Wez85

Tanks are way too overpowered

1 minute ago, Ultraevil said:

I see your point. Or make game like Battlefield 4 where there always spawn  of 2 tanks  every 5-10 min after tank is destroyed. And let the best team win.

I really like the current system actually, I just think tanks could be more expensive to make destroying one have more impact on the battle.

Just now, Ultraevil said:

There are tools why would you need even more tools? Learn how to use tools that you have now.

your tank costs 3250bp Basic and our Basic guided strike 7500bp

2 hours ago, Ultraevil said:

Would be nice to have anti mine plow  attachment on tank for like 500-1000bp.

maxresdefault (1).jpg

interesting.. probably should make a dedicated post about that to see how people feel bout it as well.

• Like 2

I personally think that at this point, the tanks are balanced fine. If people know what to do you can use the tank effectively or take it out quickly. If it costs 6000 bp to get the best tank in game and 2000 bp to get a missile to one-shot it, that makes tanks useless. EVERYONE is able to use an rpg that comes with 2 rockets. Thats 64 rockets against maybe 2 tanks. The real issue is people just don't bother focusing the tank and then get upset when it kills them. Its a common case of "thats not my job".

But that's just my two-cents.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ultraevil said:

maxresdefault (1).jpg

Love this suggestion..

Edited by ill

1 hour ago, TheRealReacher said:

I personally think that at this point, the tanks are balanced fine. If people know what to do you can use the tank effectively or take it out quickly. If it costs 6000 bp to get the best tank in game and 2000 bp to get a missile to one-shot it, that makes tanks useless. EVERYONE is able to use an rpg that comes with 2 rockets. Thats 64 rockets against maybe 2 tanks. The real issue is people just don't bother focusing the tank and then get upset when it kills them. Its a common case of "thats not my job".

But that's just my two-cents.

what missile you get 2000bp?

20 minutes ago, Wez85 said:

what missile you get 2000bp?

It was a suggestion from the first post.

12 hours ago, Wez85 said:

I know everyone has seen those insane tank K/D:s? I have in almost every game, and i have 40h of game play.  I like this game. It's like the modern battlefield we should have had this year instead of ww2 all over again. 

I like to play on foot. I don't like using vehicles and i don't mind if anyone is using a tank. The thing that bothers me is that as an infantry you have not so many effective options to take out that tank. Shooting RPG's just make's tanks go away and suddenly they are back fully healed ready to kill you, oh and you just shot all of your 3 rpg's. What about that landmine? Well it is in wrong Place so tank won't go over it. Now people might say, take ammo or gadet pack with you and you have more ammo and gadgets. Yeees, but that is slow way to get them and tank will eventually kill you.

Im not suggesting to nerf the tanks. I am saying maybe we should get better weapons to fight them. Artillery and bombings aren't fast enough. Tanks can move out of the way. I' ve killed one tank with bombing and help of flying eye.

So maybe you should give powerfull armor piercing bazooka to get with battlepoints? Not expensive, but not too easy to get? Maybe with 2000bp i think?  APILAS- Anti tank rocket launcher?

That would give some tank drivers fear and respect for infantry. Now they are just coming to feast in every  capture point where they can get. 

And tank drivers you can roast me up now, but i'll hope some infantry guys will agree with me. And Devs i hope you are listening :)

6 hours ago, Ultraevil said:

Ok ok ok let me step in as a hardcore tank driver with scores like 52-0. Tanks are not OP, you can kill them fast if you shoot them with RPG at their back with 1- or 2 shots or with 1 mine or you can blind them if you shoot with sniper rifle at their visual system. I could go and complain then about RPGS and mines because everyone can use them. As a tank driver it is pain in the neck  to get first 6000 score for ordering  top-noch tank with all  equipment. I think game is balanced very well.

I started playing tank only today and to me they are OP. I've gotten ridiculous amount of kills like twice the second guy's frags in many games.

The best way to play tank is the russian one with the double auto cannon. This just melts anyone you see. As for protection, I get the best one against tank damage, not RPG.

That way, I can get a Tank which costs me 3700BP which really isn't hard to get.

By playing smart, I can take almost any objective solo and my teammates can spawn on me which is OP.

IMO tanks are way too cheap because everytime I loose one, I have enough to buy another one.If you think about where you can get shot from you'll always survive, just go back to base once you're less than 50% HP.

RPG sucks because you'll likely see them first with thermal, you can kill with splash damage and you have 5 smokes grenades that covers a huge area that you can see through which is completly ridiculous. Even if all this fails, you still have your APS which negates a full RPG blast every 20 seconds and it also tells you almost exactly where an RPG guy is about to shoot you with the little Beeps, that's broken aswell.

To me, the only thing that frightens me when in the tank is the AP TOR : It can 5 shot you so that's way better than RPG : impossible to miss, ability to break optics, no way for the tank guy to negate damage, harder to see where you get shot from too. Once people realise it's better to get AP TOR against a tank than the RPG, maybe tanks will feel less OP.

Any thermal imaging should add +1k BP and the auto turret aswell

Edited by JiggyJinjo

6 hours ago, Ultraevil said:

Tank secondary weapon which is machine gun only has 150 bullets which for some reason you can not refill and I would like to know why?

Machine gun ammo refill is bugged. We are working on it. The ammo amount was limited because with more it would be even more powerful. 

5 hours ago, Ultraevil said:

maxresdefault (1).jpg

Actually we had these in early stages of development but they were causing too many problems with collisions, vehicles got stuck in the ground, nightmare.

Answering to your concerns the tanks will be balanced. In the upcoming patch we fixed the Airstrikes' damage because previously it was too little. 

In the next content patch the BP will also be adjusted and the tank rounds' splash damage will be reduced.

I hope that everyone will be satisfied.

Hooah! 

Edited by Kony
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, JiggyJinjo said:

IMO tanks are way too cheap because everytime I loose one, I have enough to buy another one.If you think about where you can get shot from you'll always survive, just go back to base once you're less than 50% HP.

Ok lets do some mathematics, how much BP do you get per match and how many tanks (when I talk about tanks I talk of T72 or Leopard) do you buy per match?  And how many top-noch tanks can you buy per match?

If you say that it is so "easy".  

When it comes to RPGS just use ammo pack and you will never run out of rockets.

People hide behind concrete pillars, walls or iron ship containers which is good cover since in a lot of cases tank shell can not penetrate (but it can in real life). Reducing shell damage would make it even worse.

1 hour ago, JiggyJinjo said:

5 smokes grenades that covers a huge area that you can see through which is completly ridiculous

Smokes are just fine the way they are. 

To be honest i dislike the 'buy your instant upgrade on the field' system. I too see this system being exploitable.

Their was a similar game called "Homefront" that had a system like this, can't remember exactly cuz it's too long ago. But i do remember not liking it at all. Money systems ... no t(h)anks. Still prefer the old battlefield way with tanks spawning at their spawnpoints. It can be managed to a limited amount or spawntimer adjustments. At least both sides will have tanks to begin with and balance is allready achieved towards both camps. The amount of tanks that are available needs to be balanced according to the map individually.  And this towards any gadget out there. 

But too late i suppose cuz they've went this way allready that anyone can spawn their own tank,airstrike,artillery, etc. Tweaking splashdamages feels like a bandaid on an open wound, but would help a bit. The way you can air drop them in anywhere adds to the problem in my view. Not only is it such an unreal approach, making it feel cheap, it ads to the spamfactor.

Starting to think i bought myself another Homefront ... 

4 hours ago, JiggyJinjo said:

To me, the only thing that frightens me when in the tank is the AP TOR : It can 5 shot you so that's way better than RPG : impossible to miss, ability to break optics, no way for the tank guy to negate damage, harder to see where you get shot from too. Once people realise it's better to get AP TOR against a tank than the RPG, maybe tanks will feel less OP.

I'm mainly a vehicle player, and I think this echoes the same thing that was said earlier. There's a lot of tools to deal with tanks already, to the point that once people start utilizing those tools more effectively it'll become a tad bit risky to order a fully kitted out MBT since you'll be spending most of your time repairing it. Just to recap:

• Anti-tank mines. You get 2 as you spawn, and they persist through death, so you can spam an unlimited number throughout the match. Just toss a few here and there around caps and causeways, and you're good to go.
  • C4, once it gets buffed.
  • RPG's. Single-stage does half damage from behind, tandem will kill the tank outright.
  • TOR, notoriously, will kill any vehicle with the single magazine of AP ammo.
  • If you're carrying no AT ordnance, go for the optics (Marrond posted a good video about how quickly they can be destroyed), and with a bit of luck you'll blind the tank in an instant.

At the moment the game is still new, and people are still learning how to deal with different situations, including tanks. Having a bit of teamwork and people using a combination of the above tools will do wonders to curb tankers from getting outrageous K/D ratios, and forcing them in turn to focus on objectives and teamplay. Today I had my first matches where I actually had people purposefully trying to aim at my optics, and plinking at me with TOR's. I imagine that's going to be more and more popular as time goes by.

4 hours ago, JiggyJinjo said:

Any thermal imaging should add +1k BP and the auto turret aswell

500BP is enough, the vehicles easily end up costing plenty already if you actually want some protection on them. Terminator turret is ridiculous at the moment though, I agree, but I recall reading that it's being re-balanced.

I don't get it. In real life, if you send a tank against to a enemy line and a soldier alone....Which of those would kill more?
You saw someone with 60-3 KD and then you come here to ask a powerful anti tank weapon. (As AT mines one hit killing tanks is not enough) Probably in few months you will see 150-3 then you will ask for a more powerful anti tank weapon? Believe me it will happen. The concept of mix infantry fighting against vehicles or vehicles fighting against vehicles is been there for ages now. 
In fact 33-6 is a good KD for a infantry player but I think the real problem here is that you do not accepts the fact that someone can scores 60-3 and while you stay at 33-6. But I maybe wrong.

• Like 2

I wouldn't say way overpowered. Too strong maybe

All infantry have a way to damage the tank and disable its sights while doing some damage.

We might have to wait and see if people get better at the game to be able to fight tanks well.

Tanks/vehicles how ever are very easy to use but you do need some brain unlike other games in order to survive.

A low skill player can own in a tank right now which is OK I guess but they are a bit too strong.

Nerfing the splash is good and need to be done as the cover in this game does not help against tanks all to much. The cover available is decent for IvI but not IvV. Infantry cant fight well from cover against tanks right now to have a fair chance. Its not a too big of a issues but its there.

IDK about vehicle cost much so I will leave that to the Devs. I'm not a Vic player I'm more of a infantry player so my perspective is from infantry that tanks can sometimes be BS and cheese but at least I have a chance.

A good amount of the other players arent that good right now. Bad or mediocre aim, no movement while shooting, cheeky half ass tactics like repeatedly peaking the same corner with lean to abuse the latency delay, a lemming like mentality, no or little unit cohesion, no use of flanking and no situational awareness as a big one.

I do like the non Rock Paper scissor balance. so right now with IvV to where you dont have to use Rock(RPG/C4/Mines) to beat Scissors(Tank/vehicle) is great and I hope this can be made more interactive and fun in the future because it is really nice now.

I would like to see however a different kill count for kills in the vehicle and maybe a BP nerf to earning points but not the score. IDK about out right increasing cost since you should be rewarding them by giving the tank for earning points. But points and kills are earned way to fast and too easily in tanks/vehicles.

Edited by TZoningHard
  • Like 1

I would also like to have on the score board a differentiation between kills form a vic and kills as infantry. maybe add killed vic list of each vic or you killed outside of quads.

Honestly, if anything I think that vehicles are too weak for their cost - at least if you're up against a team who make use of what they have available to them.  As previously mentioned, infantry already have tons of different methods to damage vehicles.  

Every infantryman can blind a tank, or destroy their APS with a standard rifle or pistol. 

Anti-tank mines are a standard gadget which will one-shot any vehicle that run over them.  

Tandem RPGs will one shot any vehicle not protected with an APS, and it only takes two to four standard RPGs to kill an armored vehicle.  

And the TOR with AP ammo is simply OP vs vehicles, in one magazine ( 5 rounds) destroying any vehicle regardless of the range or angle, and being immune to APS.  

Yes, tanks are powerful if infantry don't do anything about them.  But against competent players / teams, tanks melt in seconds even if they're driven well, or will be popped from a randomly placed mine sooner rather than later.  

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Wez85 said:

i thought i was on ww3 forum, not World of tanks

You've admitted that you don't have experience with vehicles and that they seem overpowered from your infantry perspective.

Many people in this thread came out saying they do have that experience and it's not all fluff and rainbows - there are some really good ways to counter vehicles, however, it still requires some team effort. Then you proceed to complain, that its some kind of conspiracy of the vehicle users who don't want their toys nerfed.

I mean seriously? What's the point of asking for "what other people think" if you only want to hear from people who share your opinion?
It's better to give it some time, get people familiar with the tools that are already available in the game, before nerfing vehicles to the ground. They are rare as it is right now, and they should serve as a team asset the entire team gathers around to defend/destroy rather than a personal power-up.

Edited by Gapis
  • Like 1

I forgot to mention that I wanted tank's BP to be increased because compared to all the other Strikes, it's just the best hands down. Why would I pay 3k for any kind of arty ? Even when I scan before artying I very rarely get kills with it. If you add 700bp more, you can get a tank which will not only grant you way more kills but it is much better for your team too : You can solo take basically any objective, squad can spawn in it too. I feel like I've changed the outcome of so many games with just 1 tank that the BP cost is too good compared to any other Strike except recon and the drone that can spot with thermals)

15 minutes ago, JiggyJinjo said:

I forgot to mention that I wanted tank's BP to be increased because compared to all the other Strikes, it's just the best hands down. Why would I pay 3k for any kind of arty ? Even when I scan before artying I very rarely get kills with it. If you add 700bp more, you can get a tank which will not only grant you way more kills but it is much better for your team too : You can solo take basically any objective, squad can spawn in it too. I feel like I've changed the outcome of so many games with just 1 tank that the BP cost is too good compared to any other Strike except recon and the drone that can spot with thermals)

Given how hard it is for most players to get strikes, I think their BP cost should go down, not up.  

I'm also kinda a fan of the idea of both teams getting a BP reduction on spawned vehicles, but with a set vehicle spawn amount / timer  a la tank spawning in battlefield, but with the ability to spend more points for better vehicles.  That way if a team is doing poorly, they at least still have vehicles they can use, and people are more likely to utilize the other strikes.  

Or we could just split vehicle and strike / drone points entirely, that way we'd see both without people wasting it.  It also would mean more airstrikes to take out tanks, and the like.

13 hours ago, JiggyJinjo said:

You can get a tank which will not only grant you way more kills but it is much better for your team too : You can solo take basically any objective, squad can spawn in it too.

All comes down how good is your team or enemy team.

I have been in plenty matches where enemy team totally obliterated us on every point. They knew  how to work as team while my team was all the fucking time fighting at same point for no good reason instead of spreading around map trying to take points.

Also depends on map. As tank driver in map like Berlin (Awesome map btw) is pain to fight on the tight streets. 

As very good tank driver I could not do shit against those teams, my tank was instantly killed, bombarded from all sides.

When all 3 visual systems of a tank are destroyed, tank driver can not see shit, and it is pain in the neck to get your tank to the home base for repairs. This should be fixed so that you can at least get to the home base.

Anti tank mines are OP, killing a tank with 1 mine is to easy, killing a tank with 2 or 3 mines should be fine. Soon as a tank driver I will not be able to drive around because there will be mines on every base and every choke points. 

12 hours ago, Evaris said:

Why would I pay 3k for any kind of arty ? Even when I scan before artying I very rarely get kills with it. If you add 700bp more, you can get a tank which will not only grant you way more kills but it is much better for your team too

Tanks prices are fine. Maybe they should reduce artillery cost or increase artillery spread and damage.

Edited by Ultraevil

4 minutes ago, Ultraevil said:

Also depends on map. As tank driver in map like Berlin (Awesome map btw) is pain to fight on the tight streets. 

That's what you shouldn't do unless you know you can't be shot in the back. I may record a video this afternoon on Berlin showing how easy it is to win a game just with an experienced tank driver.

But yea sometimes you can't carry your team alone if they don't spawn on you

Edited by JiggyJinjo

5 minutes ago, Ultraevil said:

Tanks prices are fine. Maybe they should reduce artillery cost or increase artillery spread and damage.

The LAV could definitely do with a cost increase, even a conservative driver can rack up kills by sitting way back with thermal and HE rounds and just barraging anyone who gets in view. I'd rather they increase costs to balance the call-ins rather than decrease them, it'd be good to get to a point where a player can only really call in one tank per match unless they're really good, to reduce the spamming of them late on.