Wez85

Tanks are way too overpowered

On 10/31/2018 at 10:39 PM, Kony said:

Actually we had these in early stages of development but they were causing too many problems with collisions, vehicles got stuck in the ground, nightmare.

I do understand your point, I am also a 3D Artist, working in Unreal Engine 4.

What if you make it just as visual attachment on the front with no bones and physics. And when plow is on tank it means that tank is safe from 2-4 mines, and then mine plow gets damaged, it just disappears.

Mine plow does not need to be on  floor in this case because it is just  visual attachment, it can be lifted in the air.

Edited by Ultraevil

15 minutes ago, Ultraevil said:

I do understand your point, I am also 3D Artists working in Unreal Engine 4.

What if you make it just as visual attachment at front with no bones and physics. And when plow is on tank it means that tank is safe from 2-4 mines and then mine plow gets damaged it just disappears.

Mine plow does not need on floor in this case because it is just  visual attachment, it can be lifted in the air.

That would look pretty bad, a static plow that clips through walls and players.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Cral said:

That would look pretty bad, a static plow that clips through walls and players.

True

I would like to know if aiming in tanks works correctly or is it bug?

20181101140518_222.png

Edited by Ultraevil

Putting mines on repair platform, is it allowed?

I am asking this because they do it all the time in Warsaw map near bus station.

Edited by Ultraevil
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This was tank play, and I can tell they are not overpowered, the enemy team wasn't just trying to kill me. They think I dont see infantry and they think I dont know where they spawn and thus from which angle they will attack me. Its not about the tanks, its about the players not knowing the weak spots of the tank and that they need to coordinate the attack.WW3_103_2.thumb.png.f26a3adb472123241d81331e5f07cdaa.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ultraevil said:

Putting mines on repair platform is it allowed?

I am asking this because they do it all the time in Warsaw map near bus station.

Works to the other side too btw.

8 hours ago, Ultraevil said:

I would like to know if aiming in tanks works correctly or is it bug?

I just assumed it shows where the barrel is pointed at relative to your sight since they're misaligned. In the case of the Leo, the commander's sight is on top of the turret and to the right of the gun, so you can see above obstacles that your gun barrel might not clear.

edit: I feel I should've explained a bit further. In modern tanks, the (primary) sights aren't fixed to the gun barrel, and haven't been for a long time. Instead they can traverse and elevate independently of the gun, while the Fire Control System takes care of calculating traverse, elevation and if necessary lead to hit the target you have used the laser to measure the distance to, or if you've set the distance manually. That's why you can run into funky situations where everything looks clear from the gunner's sight, but there's something between the barrel and the target.

Edited by UltimateIdiot

Will there be more tanks inside WW3?

Tanks like:

Russian T-80

Russian T-90

Russian T-14 Armata: 

Israel  Merkava Main Battle tank: 

• Like 1

I played many hours now, and i can say from my experience....

tanks do what ever they want, try to shoot a tank is a joke, tryed it with a tandem rocket (from front, because there was no chance to come behind him like 99% of the time) and i made 10 damage, it's funny because i make more damage with a fkn sniper....

most tanks just stay at spawn and get kills like hell, and there is nothing that you can do

hope you will fix it soon

Thanks for this topic, we've just started the balancing process and stuff like this really helps us. There's a few things you have to know, though.

1. Tanks are expensive to call in. You have to play the objective well and take your time to call in a well customized tank. We award most Battlepoints for teamplay and playing the objective - which is the point of Warzone. K/D is totally irrelevant to who wins the match.

2. You can easily blind a tank by shooting out it's optics. Most vehicles have 2, they are also glowing when you look at them so you don't have to know each vehicle to know where to shoot. Every weapon can do this. Once you shoot them both, the driver is almost blind and has to retreat and repair.

3. Vehicles have damage zones, shooting it from the back is deadly. Just yesterday I was having fun in my tanks and I swear I got one-shooted to the rear.

4. APSs have recharge time and we will be taking a look at them, since right now not having one = suicide. We'll change their cooldowns, ammo and cost in BPs.

• Like 2

As infantry main, fighting against tanks adds more depth and is fun even how they are much stronger then infantry. Except for the splash on live I have no major issues, but that is getting adjusted.

There is give and take on both sides to keep the IvV situation from being dull and shallow with hard rock paper scissor mechanics.

• Like 1

On 11/1/2018 at 3:57 PM, Ultraevil said:

Putting mines on repair platform, is it allowed?

This should not be allowed, gotta solve it ASAP.

Just jumped back in the game after sticking to Tarkov for a while and tank abuse seems to have gone pretty crazy. Players are driving around in the opposing teams spawn area from the start of battles, racking up enough kills to buy another tank early, then sitting near the tank repair station with a maxed out tank and just harassing players all game. With how difficult it can be to hit a tank twice in quick succession the APS can really make it difficult to do any damage too. It would be less of an issue if tank fire wasn't seemingly laser accurate but as it is they can hit you at pretty much any range.

Is entering the enemy spawn intentional or is it a bug?

I think tanks are just fine. Of course you can give the enemy a really bad time if you drive it wise - but whenever the enemy got a tank that is going rampage I just take out the rpg with tandem tell my mate to do the same - and we are hunting down that tank in no time. Also mines are a pain in the ass for tank drivers.. And especially on Warsaw and Berlin you can easily outplay a tank driver. So I beg you Devs don't listen to the (maybe just less expierienced) players that haven't found their way to deal with tanks.

• Like 1

I really didnt have any issues with tanks yet, and I played only infantry so far, without RPG. I mean I barely know where the tanks optics are and I usually manage to take them out and render the tanks useless for atleast a while until someone blows it up. 

I disagree, people right now just don't know how to kill tanks. FYI you can 5 shot the strongest tank in the game with a TOR sniper rifle, that doesn't sound op for me, at least in the complaint about tanks, but snipers don't destroy MBTs in real life. So yeah, git gud. 

On 11/13/2018 at 4:52 PM, Cral said:

Is entering the enemy spawn intentional or is it a bug?

It's a bug and will be crushed, also the position of the repair stations on Warsaw isn't optimal :P

On 11/13/2018 at 11:12 AM, Kony said:

This should not be allowed, gotta solve it ASAP.

As I suggested in a post here: move the repair station behind the train station in Warsaw small, because it is possible to shoot from A1 at vehicles on the repair station.

As a foot solider I know the kit I've deployed with, and I know that I have zero anti armour.

When a tank comes into view heading my way, I'm filled with fear, and that is how it should be. They should be overpowered, they are battlefield beasts and should strike fear into infantry.

BF4 made the massive mistake of making them impotent, they were completely worthless, so easy to mock and completely ignore.

I have no issues with tanks as they are, they are exactly how they should be, and players need to rely on friendly armour, or anti-armour personnel that know how to survive and effectively damage/destroy/force into retreat an enemy tank.

Edited by Monster Hesh
  • Like 1