Sign in to follow this  
JiggyJinjo

Suggestion to make 60 round mags less mainstream

Hi guys,

we all know everyone just rock 60 round mags because why not ? You get more bullets for a very subtle change in weight. What if you could only carry 2 60 round mags from now on and 6 30 round ones ? That'd be 120 bullets if you choose the 60 rounder route and 180 if you take 30 rounds mags. That way, 60 rounds guys can't run and gun everyone unless they pick ammo bags or they stay close to teammates

That is a decent idea, honestly, I just wished they would separate the ammunition from the weight system as it is currently, I think members should receive the standard "combat load" based on weapon class (assault rifles get 210 rounds, the medium machine guns get 600 rounds etc) and depending on which magazine you go with it affects the overall weight far more, as carrying 7 stanag 30 round magazines is actually easier then carrying 4 60 round mags, additionally, I think alternate ammo types should always be 1 full magazine of alt ammo, and add weight proportional to it's size.

or make it more realistic.... higher weight of the gun means higher time to ADS (could be applied to all attachments in a way)

Sign in to follow this