7IM3rW

ReShade to make the game look better

The game itself doesn't look bad, but you can enhance it by tiny adjustments in ReShade. Afterwards its more clear and looks alot nicer imho - What do you guys think?

Original Post:

6 minutes ago, 7IM3rW said:

I won't provide a ReShade Tutorial as it is very self explanatry and there are tons of them out there :) But for a start you can visit Reshade.me and download the programm and follow the installer.
Furthermore this is allwed by EasyAntiCheat so there shouldn't be a reason fpr anybody to get banned over it.

My preset:
https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/9826/

See comparable Screenshots:
https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/screenshot/69635/

https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/screenshot/69636/

https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/screenshot/69634/

20181029140416_1.jpg

20181029140419_1.jpg

20181031132144_1.jpg

20181031132142_1.jpg

20181029140347_1.jpg

20181029140347_1.jpg

• Like 3

Sharpness is good, i don't understand why developpers don't do this by themself ? Why we need use a third party software for this ? it's allowed to use Reshade at least ? :o

Looks pretty nice, thanks for the info. I'd love to see some comparisons with a player in view, as the greyness of the game currently makes it very easy to completely disappear when in shadows.

Edited by Cral

Question about Reshade, doesn't it use some more ressources to run the game ? any FPS looses when used ?

14 minutes ago, Otsune said:

Question about Reshade, doesn't it use some more ressources to run the game ? any FPS looses when used ?

its a filter like you use on instagram, afaik it doesnt use any fps, surely some of your ressources (ram/cpu) but nothing more. Even Unreal4 Engine is so powerful, would suggest to wait until next performance patch

1 hour ago, Otsune said:

I lose 3 FPS

1 hour ago, Cral said:

Looks pretty nice, thanks for the info. I'd love to see some comparisons with a player in view, as the greyness of the game currently makes it very easy to completely disappear when in shadows.

you see 2 scnenes in this vid with my new settings... you will see which of them :D

Use 3.0.6, you can download here (this is a repo from a user, use at your own risk. I trust him)

Here is the result with my own settings https://imgur.com/a/cfjkyo4

here is my settings file that I use for any game : https://www.dropbox.com/s/19feny5r9nx3evv/mysettings.ini?dl=0

Quick preview :

5u1ZuOG.jpg

a9VUURG.jpg

Edited by JiggyJinjo

i tried this version and he says : Unable to download archive, when i associate it with WW3_launcher.exe and i choose DX 10+.

8 hours ago, 7IM3rW said:

The game itself doesn't look bad, but you can enhance it by tiny adjustments in ReShade. Afterwards its more clear and looks alot nicer imho - What do you guys think?

Original Post:

it looks really cool, i'm gonna try it when i get home :) tkx

13 minutes ago, Otsune said:

i tried this version and he says : Unable to download archive, when i associate it with WW3_launcher.exe and i choose DX 10+.

Oh yes I got it too. Install the latest Reshade first and click yes to the prompt asking to download effects. Then install Reshade 3.0.6 and say yes to overwrite install. Make sure you say NO to the prompt asking you to redownload the effects as you already have them.

By the way, don't associate WW3_Launcher.exe, the file you're looking for is .\World War 3\WW3\Binaries\Win64\WW3-Win64-Shipping.exe

Anyway I took someone's advice for true saying we can only use Reshade up to v3.0.6 but maybe you can try using the latest one only and tell us if it gets rejected by EAC.

Edited by JiggyJinjo

Ok then maybe thats why it was not working, the association was wrong, i will try it later, thanks :)

@JiggyJinjo where i have to copy preset file for reshade ? What i have to choose dx10 or opengl ? 

Edited by scare19

6 hours ago, scare19 said:

@JiggyJinjo where i have to copy preset file for reshade ? What i have to choose dx10 or opengl ? 

Copy it wherever you want, after selecting WW3 .exe (as the game) select open gl, then it will ask you a preset you choose the preset file you downloaded

• Angry 1

54 minutes ago, Tassili said:

Copy it wherever you want, after selecting WW3 .exe (as the game) select open gl, then it will ask you a preset you choose the preset file you downloaded

By the way, don't associate WW3_Launcher.exe, the file you're looking for is .\World War 3\WW3\Binaries\Win64\WW3-Win64-Shipping.exe
Use OpenGL for better performance

Edited by JiggyJinjo

Good news everyone, we've added a sharpening slider to the game, so from 0.3 onwards, you can do part of this without the need for 3rd party software.

• Like 1

@JiggyJinjo i tried your's preset and it is simply amazing. The colors of the game are more realistic IMO with reshade.

@Ragir i don't think that the sharpening is only one thing that do the job. But i am happy to hear that you are working on visual side of the game. Best option is trying the preset what @JiggyJinjo send and you willl see the difference. o7

3 hours ago, DareQQ said:

@Ragir i don't think that the sharpening is only one thing that do the job. But i am happy to hear that you are working on visual side of the game. Best option is trying the preset what @JiggyJinjo send and you willl see the difference. o7

It's not, but we'll keep adding stuff to the game, we always wanted to have as many options and as much customization as possible, so this fits.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ragir said:

It's not, but we'll keep adding stuff to the game, we always wanted to have as many options and as much customization as possible, so this fits.

I can't wait for more visuals options

tumblr_mwf7et54PD1t0gnuno1_400.gif

Somebody explain me what is re shade and what are the advantages? The pictures only show a small difference for me. Is it a game overlay or like a program to run in the background and is it safe to use? 

On 12/10/2018 at 6:58 PM, Tassili said:

@Tassili i selected dx10 and i'm using last version of reshade without problems :)