Sign in to follow this  
PrivateCain

Few uncomfortable things I've met in WW3

-While I'm running, game seems to block me from the scoreboard. Maybe It's because of Steam Overlay(Shift + Tab)? But I'm not sure.

-While I'm in prone, I can't ADS and move at the same time. also I couldn't reload and move spontaneously either. 

-It would be great if we have a ping indicator on a scoreboard.

-Optimization patch would be very appreciated.

-AR seems to be too well-rounded. SMG kinda lost its purpose since it deals almost same damage with AR but lower rate of fire, lower accuracy compared to AR. Maybe you can buff the SMG's rate of fire and nerf its accuracy, suiting it ideal for the CQB.

-Every snipers I've met used TOR. Everyone I've met in the game said TOR is OP.

-24 vs 24 mode plz? Maps are little big for 16 vs 16.

• Like 1

- There is ping indicator already, top left corner "P:100ms"

- Change the binding for steam overlay maybe ? :o

- 24 vs 24 is working already, i played some match like this 

- agree on optimization and snipe

SMGs, at close quarters, out-DPS ARs. They were not very useful in open spaces due to high bullet drop but that was tweaked as well, should go live in this patch or the next. ARs in general seem too well-rounded and we'll be tweaking them to make room for other weapon classes. Snipers will be rebalanced (already had a damage buff which should go live soon) and TOR will probably get special mechanics to make it an anti-material rifle like it is IRL and not a one-shot kill railgun.

Edited by Borreh
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Borreh said:

SMGs, at close quarters, out-DPS ARs. They were not very useful in open spaces due to high bullet drop but that was tweaked as well, should go live in this patch or the next. ARs in general seem too well-rounded and we'll be tweaking them to make room for other weapon classes. Snipers will be rebalanced (already had a damage buff which should go live soon) and TOR will probably get special mechanics to make it an anti-material rifle like it is IRL and not a one-shot kill railgun.

Nice! That's good to hear that.

18 hours ago, Otsune said:

- There is ping indicator already, top left corner "P:100ms"

- Change the binding for steam overlay maybe ? :o

- 24 vs 24 is working already, i played some match like this 

- agree on optimization and snipe

-Never knew that. Thanks! But I wanted to see the others' too...

-Yeah, It IS because of the Steam Overlay. Imma change the bind

-Yeah it works, but it barely happens. I don't know why...

18 hours ago, Borreh said:

Sounds good. For the TOR would adding a lot of sway when using it without a bi-pod help? Accuracy isn't essential when shooting at vehicles but is pretty important against infantry, and using a bi-pod as a sniper is pretty risky. It might make it difficult to land  those perfect optics hits but I'm not sure that's a bad thing.

20 hours ago, Borreh said:

TOR will probably get special mechanics to make it an anti-material rifle like it is IRL and not a one-shot kill railgun.

Well... it SHOULD be one-oshot kill railgun. Just make it uncomfortable to use when running and gunning. Currently weapon sway in the game is non-factor (and it could be a big part of customization setup when weapon is weighted down by many extra attachments), make TOR usable only with a bipod - I assume you do plan to implement proper bipod interactions and not being passive prone bonus?

Edited by Marrond

22 hours ago, PrivateCain said:

-While I'm in prone, I can't ADS and move at the same time. also I couldn't reload and move spontaneously either. 

-It would be great if we have a ping indicator on a scoreboard.

-AR seems to be too well-rounded. SMG kinda lost its purpose since it deals almost same damage with AR but lower rate of fire, lower accuracy compared to AR. Maybe you can buff the SMG's rate of fire and nerf its accuracy, suiting it ideal for the CQB.

-Every snipers I've met used TOR. Everyone I've met in the game said TOR is OP.

-24 vs 24 mode plz? Maps are little big for 16 vs 16.

- It's working as intended. As for reloading I don't know what do you mean - you can reload while sprinting.

- Your ping is always displayed in the top left corner if you enable it in options.

- ARs are worse at close distance than shotguns and SMGs, they're the best at medium range and fall behind snipers on long range. They're jack of all trades, master of medium range.

- TOR is great anti-vehicle, there's no reason not to pick either that or RPG. People are using it mostly in anti-infantry mode, but G29 outperforms it in that role.

- Larger modes are comming, other than that just PTFO. If you're playing objective, action is overwhelming at times.

Edited by Marrond

On 10/31/2018 at 5:36 PM, Borreh said:

please for the sake of everything make that the TOR can only damage tanks from behind with  AP and APCs from sides with AP and behind with FMJ

as it is now is retarded where 2 snipers with TORs can kill a tank in under 10 seconds  without much risk 

@Borreh

As long as I have a viable option to bolt with I'm OK with a TOR rebalancing. If the TOR is rebalanced please put up adding another bolter to the game soon as having two run around bolters would be boring.

I dont enjoy sway and its not really all that realistic. I was a avid competition shooter and it always irks me to see sway in games. I also dont think that huge amounts of sway is fun to deal with.

Mechanics that would push people to use the TOR crouched would be ok along with prone. But putting the TOR in a position that it cant bolt regularly from will instead encourage more RPG use as a anti vic weapon as the TOR would be too useless to justify use of when a tandem does better and any gun is capable of taking out optics.

The RPG is still better then TOR. You could maybe lower the AP dmg but IDK if its a real issue or just bad players.

1 hour ago, Richou said:

please for the sake of everything make that the TOR can only damage tanks from behind with  AP and APCs from sides with AP and behind with FMJ

as it is now is retarded where 2 snipers with TORs can kill a tank in under 10 seconds  without much risk 

I totally agree. Although it seems that about 99.9999999% of playerbase is unaware of this. I foresee them changing it as soon as people stop falling over on sight of a tank.

1 hour ago, TZoningHard said:

sway and its not really all that realistic. I was a avid competition shooter and it always irks me to see sway in games.

I'm afraid guns you've been using in competitions don't weight 16 kilograms - loaded with ammo that's totalling at more than 20kg. Aiming while standing with Barret which is 3kg lighter than the TOR is a REAL challange.

Edited by Marrond

@Marrond

The principle of shooting doesn't change .Comp guns are at least 12 pounds and there is no difference in sway between a that and a 3 pound kids gun. I have never in my life noticed the sway they put it games that is over exaggerated though out shooting in the military or before. The "sway" in IRL is very little to the point you have to be very far away or the very minuscule target for it to be a factor.

Even people who shoot large 50 cals or heavy LMGs dont see the sway unless you are standing there for a long time.

Sway in games is very miss represented and over exaggerated.

1 hour ago, TZoningHard said:

The principle of shooting doesn't change .Comp guns are at least 12 pounds and there is no difference in sway between a that and a 3 pound kids gun.

12 pounds is less than loaded magazine of .50cal rifle (assuming 5 bullets) - 20kg is equivalent of a bag of cement...

Edited by Marrond

Just now, TZoningHard said:

have you shot a 50 cal? how good are you are real world shooting?

Yeah - M107. You aren't keeping that shit off-hand on target on a distance for any extended amount of time. I've used to spend a lot of time on a shooting range before I moved abroad (where gun laws suck donkey balls and day on a range cost more than I'm willing to spend), but I don't shoot competitively. Other than that I mostly do clay target shooting nowadays.

Just now, TZoningHard said:

@Marrond then you should now how unrealistic sway is in games. I dont shoot like i have Asperger why do characters in game do.

Because shooting in games is easier than shooting IRL and this is one way to counter it?

In a lot games they cheese it to unrealistic portions, have ridiculous amounts recoil that doesn't matter until I run out of mat, crazy  unrealistic sway, and cones of fire that in some games shoot out to the side of the barrel at 60 degrees just because you were hip firing or what ever action they wanted to nerf

I'm pretty please that F51 didn't hinder us to much into shooting guns so that the playing field could be dumbed down.

I dont sway uncontrollable and have to hold my breath to get control of my gun just because I got a scope on it so I dont kill to many lemmings. I dont have squad levels of recoil to make real life shooting more "tactical and slower" and my guns dont shoot out the side of the barrel to try and force me ADS at a target I could throw the gun at.

So far the game is a good balance of believable and makes room for types of game play with a game challenge aspect.

I jsut dont want to see some COD level stuff they do to nerf skill so main stream players could have a chance at winning.

If I play 10000 hours of FPS I should be able to aim better. If I shoot 10000 hours, I should be able to aim better. It doesn't have to come down to IRL shooting is harder because in a lot of games its impractical and hindering compared to IRL. You can have room for game mechanics but it shouldn't be cheesy, unbelievable and for the purpose of hindering to drop a player down to a lower tier of players.

On 10/31/2018 at 9:36 AM, Borreh said:

I would suggest doing something like with the sniper as how they are lower damage up close because of high velocity out of the barrel.

5.56 at least does the same and is more lethal after a certain range which i think if I can remember it being 240-300 yards it does the most damage.

Having barrel length to adjust this as well with longer barrels increasing the length of the damage slope because long barrels increase the velocity of the while short barrels can shoot a slower but more lethal and close range projectile.

SMG could do with some range as well.

The Assault rifles are on point and the other weapon besides SMGs all fit into a role of sorts well I dont think they need to be adjusted too much if at all to make room for other weapons since that usually leads to slightly unbelievable gunplay.

Edited by TZoningHard
edit