Phil T. Casual

Squad leader spawn proposal

I noticed the squad leader has a shorter spawn timer than the rest of the squad. The general idea may be that it's important to have the squad leader back in the game asap so the squad can spawn on him. But how useful is that really when the nearest option to spawn is halfway across the map? This hurts attacking squads in particular.

My proposal to change this is as follows. If the squad leader selects the defense role, keep things as they are now. Make perfect sense. But if the squad leader has taken the attacking role, give him the normal spawn time but give the option to spawn on a squad member. This allows for more tactical game play. The attacking squad, or at least one member of it, would need to hang back a bit to allow the leader to come back in. This should not be changeable during down time of the squad leader. The attack/defense state at the moment of dying counts.

Edited by Phil T. Casual
  • Like 2

I was just going to write here that the squad leader should be able to spawn to his/hers squad, because it's frustrating to be squadleader and can't spawn to your squadmates. 

Squad leader should not be punished for being a squad leader. Or at least squad leader should be able to revive if this idea of squad leader spawn is not implemented. 

hmm it is hard to keep attacking an objective after the squad lead is down, really time consuming to wait for the others to get to u, if they dont die on the way there. i like the idea of letting the squad leader be the only one to spawn on a selected squad mate. maybe just one other though with a outlined star. 

Edited by Amaterasu
  • Like 1