rawalanche

Changed match time from 45 to 40 minutes - seriously?

either you will be in a tank for the entire 30 mins or you will only have 10 mins of tank play time.

In the original post, I've proposed reducing time limit to around 30 minutes. I did not propose doubling the score income or anything like that. I think the games should take around 30-35 minutes at most, but it was never my intention for matches to be as short as they are now. Luckily, the patch is just in the test environment, so I am sure it will be tweaked.

It should be 40-45 min when playing the large maps imo. I think its pretty boring to play those short games on pte. 

11 hours ago, Tweak said:

It should be 40-45 min when playing the large maps imo. I think its pretty boring to play those short games on pte. 

For mega maps that are upcoming in far far future battles should last 50min-1h, it's neat idea to relate timer and score with map size.

"we're still testing, but it really depends on how the teams are doing. We're aiming at 30-60 minutes for now" that was from the first Q&A but months ago in the discord one of them said it was going to be 40-52 I think.

I would say that small (32) should be 40, medium (48) should be 45 and larges (64) should be 50.

30 is just a waste of time adn the devs know that as well, we might have to put up with shitty games as they gather data till they reverse it

or just play something else till the testing is over if it comes to live.

• Like 2

On 10/31/2018 at 1:25 PM, rawalanche said:

Come on guys,

I've defended you ever since you released the game, even through the very rocky launch, with servers not working. I always tried to see things from the developer perspective, but this feels like you are just mocking us.

Many of us have complained about ridiculously long matches, where the match duration is so long it literally requires an uncomfortable, fun ruining amount of willpower to force yourself to complete a match on a nearly monochromatic, monotonous looking maps. 45 minutes is way too long match duration for a game, especially if you have a life (job and a family) to attend to. So when I've read on this forum that the match duration issue is acknowledged and being resolved, I was sure you will do the right thing, and cut the match length in half.

Yet here I sit, staring at a line saying "Changed match time from 45 to 40 minutes." and really contemplating if this is some kind of prank. 

On a serious note though:

20-25 minutes is borderline of tolerable in moderate scale games like WW3.

30 minutes is already way too long and feels like a chore.

40+ minutes will mean many of the people won't bother to stay till end of the match, and possibly miss out on mission completion reward, depending on how the system is implemented.

Reduction from 45 to 40 feels like going to an emergency room with arterial bleeding where doctor puts a small band-aid over it :|

Do you realize this is supposed to be a slow paced game? Not call of duty, if you complain about the current timings of the game you seriously are stupid.

I’m sorry, I do not agree with cutting the match time in half, that’s lame don’t do that. 45 mins is perfect the battle should be a lengthy one, if you feel you have to leave, then leave, don’t come around expecting to get 12 matches done in your 1.5 hours to play.. 1.5 hrs of play time is 1.5 hours of playtime, in order to make it shorter they would have to speed up progression and that just adds really bad times when everyone has max level gear in 2 weeks. 45 minutes is fine but dropping it to 35-40 would be potentially be ok. But 45 min is just fine.. Short matches will equal less actual time playing, because I get up and do stuff just about in between every match, some times to the point where I’m not coming back for the day. The game is really engaging and even more so when the time of the match allows for shifts in the tide of battle...Don’t shorten

We will be tweaking the game time on the live patch - We'll probably stick with 4000 points and 40 minutes. 3000 and 30 minutes is indeed extremely short but we wanted to test out a radical tempo change like that. I think 4k/40mins should be just right, given the new scoring system (the points income was radicaly increased and now you see proper end-games with close games and one or the other side winning due to points, which was impossible before).

If anything will be off we'll, as always, act accordingly.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Borreh said:

We will be tweaking the game time on the live patch - We'll probably stick with 4000 points and 40 minutes. 3000 and 30 minutes is indeed extremely short but we wanted to test out a radical tempo change like that. I think 4k/40mins should be just right, given the new scoring system (the points income was radicaly increased and now you see proper end-games with close games and one or the other side winning due to points, which was impossible before).

If anything will be off we'll, as always, act accordingly.

Yup, I guess 4000 points is fine now that income is much higher :)