Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
RecoilJohn

sniper damage

Recommended Posts

I see there's a lot of people on steam that complains about the damage of sniper rifles, they say even assault rifles gives more damage.

Now the thing is, in the patch notes, it doesn't mention anything about sniper damage?  I wonder why.. :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Snipers do plenty of damage if you don't just shoot people in their armor over and over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can get like 30 to 2 kills or mor as a sniper. Just shot in the head. Plus you can always have a assault rifle with you.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see, it might not be a problem, then, i haven't tried the sniper myself, I just heart a lot of people mentioning that it had low damage.

Have the game been improved in any way the last 7 days? I might soon re-buy it, got a refund a week ago. i also might just wait till the release the patch to buy it, to see if people gets more satisfied 

Edited by RecoilJohn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RecoilJohn said:

I see, it might not be a problem, then, i haven't tried the sniper myself, I just heart a lot of people mentioning that it had low damage.

Have the game been improved in any way the last 7 days? I might soon re-buy it, got a refund a week ago. i also might just wait till the release the patch to buy it, to see if people gets more satisfied 

People are running around with the anti-vehicle sniper and complaining it can't one tap a soldier if you shoot them in the toe, sometimes balance is better than realism.

 

For me performance is good, loading times are minimal and the game is a lot of fun. Little has changed in terms of balance, that's coming in the next patch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cral said:

People are running around with the anti-vehicle sniper and complaining it can't one tap a soldier if you shoot them in the toe, sometimes balance is better than realism.

 

For me performance is good, loading times are minimal and the game is a lot of fun. Little has changed in terms of balance, that's coming in the next patch.

seems like not many noticed yet that snipers hit harder at longer ranges

 

i would really like to see a TOR nerf tho the fact that it can kill tanks easier than the RPG is retarded

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RPG is still way better then TOR at anti tank. Using a tandem war head its like almost 2 shots some times.

 

Bolters are both underpowered and OP.

Cant Oneshot heads up close with out the TOR but you can get easy and a lot of the times unskilled kills by shooting people in the back and side of players or even the gut head on.

 

Nerf gut shot, buff head shot at least. I dont mind if at some long ranges that I have to double tap heads because I'm not directly in danger but up close I should be able to defend my self with the weapon at hand. Even if I'm at a disadvantage I should be able to have the possibility to out play them. Right now bolters are at a mathematical disadvantage that leave no room for a win against competent players with the slow rebolt time and no guarantee of a 1 head shot kill.

 

Assault rifles can kill you as fast as a sniper can if you get gut shot because of latancy.

On their screen they shot you 2 times in the gut and the 3rd shot could land any where and you are dead. It would take them 3-4 shots in less then half a second but you the receiving player because of the latency all those shots register at about the same time and insta kill.

 

So many times have I felt like I just got sniped but it was just a AK-15 or some other auto that shot me in the gut.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sniper Rifles had a global damage buff by 20 pts on all ranges, gameplay changes didn’t make it into the patch notes yet but this change should go live with this patch (or the next).

We’ll be completely rebalancing armours in the near future so expect drastic changes to overall weapon performance.

Edited by Borreh
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Borreh said:

We’ll be completely rebalancing armours in the near future so expect drastic changes to overall weapon performance.

Any details on the armor rebalance? As in what direction will it take? The only real problem I'm seeing is that there's seemingly no interaction between armor and the caliber, it just gives flat reduction. People need to learn to play around armor, it brings unique flavour to the gameplay and I wish it wasn't dumbed down (as in, cover magically entire body) just because few CoD/BF zombies can't adapt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is funny how in other post people complain for the exact opposite:sniper rifle that one tap even if not an headshot... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Skyzed said:

It is funny how in other post people complain for the exact opposite:sniper rifle that one tap even if not an headshot... 

Better understanding of the game comes with time. Most complaining people show very little understanding of the game mechanics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Skyzed said:

It is funny how in other post people complain for the exact opposite:sniper rifle that one tap even if not an headshot... 

Most guns have extremely low TTK on the back sides and gut. Most of those people stand still, run in straight lines and re peak the same corner the same way each time. People need to learn to not be a easy target and make people work for the shot but Bolters are a weird position on how they are too weak but too power full depending on the situations.

The other guns can perform very similarly at most ranges but with the huge advantage up close.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When i play sniper and Play stealthy i easy get 40 to 5 stats. Boom Headshot. You cant Cross the Open Space. Snipers are too Strong.

Edited by Garack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Garack said:

When i play sniper and Play stealthy i easy get 40 to 5 stats. Boom Headshot. You cant Cross the Open Space. Snipers are too Strong.

And this is me, running and gunning, taking objectives and defending them with Alpha and light weight class. Alpha too strong, light armor so overpowered... oh wait, doesn't half the reddit complain that there are no good reasons to wear light armor and that the ARs are outclassed by snipers and shotguns? Believe me or not, no vehicle (or any strike for that matter, as my Alpha loadout is on 6th slot and there is Quad there...) was being used:

 

meVsz8h.jpg

Edited by Marrond
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People get shot moving across open space because they run in straight and or predictable manners. people peak the same corner in the same manner and get shot. people stand still when they fire mostly right now.

They wonder why they get sniped and say they are op. A person still needs to hit you in order to kill you. stop[ thinking you are safe behind cover sit still then complain about the TOR.

  • Like 1
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/1/2018 at 9:54 PM, Marrond said:

Any details on the armor rebalance? As in what direction will it take? The only real problem I'm seeing is that there's seemingly no interaction between armor and the caliber, it just gives flat reduction. People need to learn to play around armor, it brings unique flavour to the gameplay and I wish it wasn't dumbed down (as in, cover magically entire body) just because few CoD/BF zombies can't adapt.

In general the current armor iteration is all over the place, being barely balanced (we were focused on bringing gameplay systems live for the EA launch instead of polishing them), we'll probably be implementing both the first player feedback in this regard as well as overall improvements. The TTK is all over the place, weapon balance needs a bump (sniper issue, AR overperformance et cetera), we'll be slowly tidying things like this up.

We won't be changing any mechanics (e.g. armor sizes), just messing with the numbers so they add up a lot better.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/2/2018 at 4:08 AM, Marrond said:

And this is me, running and gunning, taking objectives and defending them with Alpha and light weight class. Alpha too strong, light armor so overpowered... oh wait, doesn't half the reddit complain that there are no good reasons to wear light armor and that the ARs are outclassed by snipers and shotguns? Believe me or not, no vehicle (or any strike for that matter, as my Alpha loadout is on 6th slot and there is Quad there...) was being used:

 

meVsz8h.jpg

Yeap! Totally true

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am trying really hard to understand the damage reduction/armor etc. but a lot of times i don't get it and i don't know if it's something that i don't get or something that is not working properly.

Sniper battle(happened few minutes ago): Me with TOR and maxed heavy armor and the opponent with unknown armor and the tochnost sniper rifle. I bodyshot him with 22 damage and right after that, i  headshot him and do 50 damage. He headshots me once and kills me.

I have it recorded as well.

I would love to hear from someone who has armor figured out or from a dev.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Soyrice said:

I am trying really hard to understand the damage reduction/armor etc. but a lot of times i don't get it and i don't know if it's something that i don't get or something that is not working properly.

Sniper battle(happened few minutes ago): Me with TOR and maxed heavy armor and the opponent with unknown armor and the tochnost sniper rifle. I bodyshot him with 22 damage and right after that, i  headshot him and do 50 damage. He headshots me once and kills me.

I have it recorded as well.

I would love to hear from someone who has armor figured out or from a dev.

 

The best way to think of armor in this game is like real life.  Soldiers are wearing a plate of armor that stops most rounds in the upper torso, thus don't aim for center of mass, aim for the head or the crotch instead.  

Thankfully, in the game right now soldiers only wear front plates instead of both front and back, so flanking / waiting till a soldier shows their side or back, will help you get a kill considerably faster.  


As for the armor itself, I believe from in-game experience, that it reduces damage by the stated %, multiplied by the % of durability the vest is at.  So, we'll say a vest has a baseline of 70% damage reduction.  If it's durability is at 50%, then the net effect is 35% damage reduction instead.  But I haven't had any scientific testing done or anything, this is just a guess from practice.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Soyrice said:

I am trying really hard to understand the damage reduction/armor etc. but a lot of times i don't get it and i don't know if it's something that i don't get or something that is not working properly.

Sniper battle(happened few minutes ago): Me with TOR and maxed heavy armor and the opponent with unknown armor and the tochnost sniper rifle. I bodyshot him with 22 damage and right after that, i  headshot him and do 50 damage. He headshots me once and kills me.

I have it recorded as well.

I would love to hear from someone who has armor figured out or from a dev.

 

We definetly need to add armor tutorials to the game.

 

From my perspective, a quick recap of what happened:

 

- Your fired FMJ rounds from a TOR, the guy probably had heavy armor, you hit him in the chest so the armor reduced the damage by 80-90% (depends which one did he have)

- Alternatively you fired the Tor at a range closer than the weapon's sweet spot (each weapon has a damage curve visible in the customization menu) which meant you didn't deal 100% damage (or both this and the first point happened)

- He used the Tochnost on a shorter distance when it deals full damage vs Tor's reduced damage (Tochnost's sweet spot is the nearest one from all of the snipers)

- He hit you in the head and either hit you in the face ignoring head armor or your head armor was already depleted from other shots and didn't protect you (keep in mind body and head armor are seperate and you may have heavy body armor on but no head armor)

- He may have used AP rounds which ignore a % of the armor's damage absorption value.

- You could also had chosen a non-helmet hat in customization which means your character has no head armor at all

- A combination of the previous 4 points.

From the top of my head that's what could have happened. As you can see that's a lot of things to take into consideration and a lot of things the game doesn't communicate well yet, we'll work on improving this.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Borreh said:

snip

I really appreciate the response. It probably was that the opponent was using AP rounds and also, the distance was somewhere between... i wanna say 50-80m but obviously i am just guessing.

As for my armor i had steel plate and the heaviest helmet(the one with 100% damage reduction).

10 minutes ago, Borreh said:

He hit you in the head and either hit you in the face ignoring head armor

Is that a feature or a bug? 

 

The video in question if you are curious: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xLedeDZGsQ&feature=youtu.be

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a feature but we'll be looking into things like this to make sure a milion of half-random modifiers doesn't make the game too unpredictable to be fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Argh sniper buff, really? They already oneshoot and kill very good you cant cross the streets when a good sniper sits there..its like sniperfield then plus unlimited snipers...woa

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Garack said:

Argh sniper buff, really? They already oneshoot and kill very good you cant cross the streets when a good sniper sits there..its like sniperfield then plus unlimited snipers...woa

This^, if you're going to make snipers even more powerful than they already are then please introduce a sniper limit of say 2 or 3 a team; otherwise be prepared for the game becoming a snip fest and teams mostly consisting of snipers not playing the objective. I don't want to be on a team full of campy snipers not helping with objective gameplay and lets be honest most (not all) snipers only care about their personal k/d and couldn't care less about objectives or their team winning.

 

Are snipers complaining about actually having to aim? 1 sniper shot to the face (or stomach) seems to consistently kill me.

Edited by VoodooGaming
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i think damage is ok even for the TOR (even when is so fucking annoying) what bothers me is how easy can they be used even at 10 or 150 meters of distance, i'd like to see bullet drop and more recoil for snipers, that will make a lot harder to shoot, and more real

Edited by Bizarroskull

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...