Sign in to follow this  
RecoilJohn

sniper damage

41 minutes ago, Bizarroskull said:

i'd like to see bullet drop

That would be fun if you were sniping from 400m away or beyond (like pubg or bf4). Wouldn't make much difference in maps like ww3 maps.

43 minutes ago, Bizarroskull said:

and more recoil for snipers

??????

Snipers are bolt action. Recoil does not matter at all and will never affect your ability to shoot.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bizarroskull said:

i think damage is ok even for the TOR (even when is so fucking annoying) what bothers me is how easy can they be used even at 10 or 150 meters of distance, i'd like to see bullet drop and more recoil for snipers, that will make a lot harder to shoot, and more real

Sniper rifles already have bullet drop, it's just not riddiculiously over the top as in most other games.

We'll be looking into ways in which we can balance the sniper rifles better.

7 minutes ago, Borreh said:

Sniper rifles already have bullet drop, it's just not riddiculiously over the top as in most other games.

Honestly, the best thing you could do is make it so that weapon sway/balance when in anything but prone is increased by 50-75% to discourage the people literally taking a red dot on the TOR and running and gunning with it.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Recon said:

Honestly, the best thing you could do is make it so that weapon sway/balance when in anything but prone is increased by 50-75% to discourage the people literally taking a red dot on the TOR and running and gunning with it.

That is one of the options.

14 hours ago, Bizarroskull said:

i think damage is ok even for the TOR (even when is so fucking annoying) what bothers me is how easy can they be used even at 10 or 150 meters of distance, i'd like to see bullet drop and more recoil for snipers, that will make a lot harder to shoot, and more real

Most of the games on the market have ridiculously fake bullet drop and ridiculously fake sway. WW3 is half the distant and double the drop as IRL. The bolting in this game is pretty challenging with how the players are able to move and how competitive the assault rifles are at range against them.

I dont have much trouble with not getting sniped. I just dont be an easy target for them. There are loads of things to do in order to make it more challenging for a person to shooting you especially if they have a bolter. The issue with bolters right now is on the receiving end as the bolters are not all that great.

The real issue is gut shots are one hit kills. honestly if gut shots were fixed then half the complaints would go away. It that was nerfed then snipers would have to go for the head in order to get a one shot kill when aiming from the front. 2 shots to the front of a full health target and one for the head/neck area should be the meta.

I kinda like and kinda dont like the one shot kills to the unarmored chest. I kinda want to have the option for plates on the sides and back so its a kinda random chance to kill person with a one shot to back and sides but keeping the guaranteed kills to the head/neck/high upper torso.

There is some issue that pop up like when a person is crouched and walking, from behind you can not see the head as the back would cover it up so some penetration would be desirable to give the head shot if you shot though his body.

Bolting in this game is fun because there are not RNG skill cap reducing mechanics like huge spread hipfiring, ridiculous uncontrollable sway, cartoonish drops, no breath mechanic to counter act the unplayable sway of some games which both last points are either avoidable by quickscoping or just adjusting but they hurt the realistic feel of the game to see cartoonishly overexaggerated mechanics.

You shouldn't lower the skill ceiling with gunplay hindering by adjusting the player to bring them down a couple levels but instead raise the skill ceiling by adjusting the target the players is shooting at. There is some room for adjusting the bolters them selves you can move the sway a little bit around along with other mechanics but so far you got at great gunplay system.

@Borreh I think the assault rifles are great as is right now and that the other weapons have their own sectors but you have access to the spread sheets of whats going on. I really like the performance of how the assault rifles are in range and feel and dont want them to change too much away from the feel they have as its refreshing for a down to earth gunplay experience.

Cant wait to see what you guys do.

i would like to have to ability to change our primary ammo, can i take only AP rounds instead of FMJ or others. and Addition ammo only have 5 bullets seems bit low, and i always carry ammo pack with my sniper loadout

On 11/5/2018 at 3:24 PM, Bizarroskull said:

there is already bullet drop and way too much compared to real life it seems. it this game you can only sniper at 150m, so 150m with a 0.50cal, thats like what -10 inches of drop ?

Edited by CMBelite-FR
  • Like 1

There is no body armor that resists a 50cal. Only in CoD or BF games. 50cal should be one shot one kill, no matter where you shoot.
In fact, if someone shoots you with a Barrett 50cal rifle in your leg, you're a dead man, you do not have that organ and you die without blood.
Maybe this is just a game for small children, is not it? Who knows?

• Angry 1

On 11/5/2018 at 5:11 PM, Borreh said:

please dont balance thing regarding balistic and weapon behaviour, we don't want things like BF with unrealistic slower velocity, exagerated bullet drop...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SHAOLIN1974 said:

There is no body armor that resists a 50cal. Only in CoD or BF games. 50cal should be one shot one kill, no matter where you shoot.
In fact, if someone shoots you with a Barrett 50cal rifle in your leg, you're a dead man, you do not have that organ and you die without blood.
Maybe this is just a game for small children, is not it? Who knows?

depends of the distance i guess, if you shot from a cal 0.50 that fired at 1500m, you may survive since there much less kinetic energy.

Also due the weapon dimension/weight, you can only use it in prone posotion, right now, you can run with a rabbit and aiming very accurately while standing up which is very unrealistic

• Thanks 1