Sign in to follow this  
Garack

Tank are OP ?

Lately i see tank drivers with 80:1 KD Ratio, i met one and try to kill him but APS ( which never workes onmy tanks ) killed ALL rockets (was 10-20) from my whole team.

Well if its moving fast you cant even shot it down with a sniper, besides nobody does..

APS should defend for 1-2 missiles but not 100. 

5 minutes ago, Garack said:

Lately i see tank drivers with 80:1 KD Ratio, i met one and try to kill him but APS ( which never workes onmy tanks ) killed ALL rockets (was 10-20) from my whole team.

Well if its moving fast you cant even shot it down with a sniper, besides nobody does..

Top in-game APS deflects 6 rockets with 5-10 second interval between each.
And destroyed by ordinary rifle in few shots, such as tanks optics.
Seems like your team rockets were hitting front armor, which is pretty strong, as it should be')
BTW, any tank can be one-shotted from behind using tandem RPG ammo;)
So they are not OP, people just don't know how to deal with them yet;)

Also please see this topic, hope it would help you a bit!

Edited by CapybaraPaul

Yes I almost permanently carry an RPG now with those beautiful Tandem rockets pre-loaded. They are LETHAL. If half a team carried these the tanks would have no chance. Plus mines can be great when placed on the common tank routes.

6 minutes ago, AllTheGearNoIdea said:

If half a team carried these

It would be bad;)
A lot of players underestimate weight.
The faster you move - the more points you control (if played correctly)

• Like 1

Tried it myself 53:1 stats lol no rocket could hit me and it was so many i am standing in the middle of 5 rocket man :) well i get 25% damaged...thats all..i am tank driver now, if you cant beat them... make my 100:1 then screenshot for you.

and its deflecting 100 rockets lol not 6. its bugged i guess.. like the shotguns.(and any other stuff that has to do with ammo)

Edited by Garack

12 minutes ago, Garack said:

Tried it myself 53:1 stats lol no rocket could hit me and it was so many i am standing in the middle of 5 rocket man :) well i get 25% damaged...thats all..i am tank driver now, if you cant beat them... make my 100:1 then screenshot for you.

and its deflecting 100 rockets lol not 6. its bugged i guess.. like the shotguns.(and any other stuff that has to do with ammo)

Oh, ok:)

Watch your back:)

I know how it is to play vehicles - pretty much noone is doing anything substantial against you. When enemy has good tank player, again I'm usually the only one on the team that is doing something about it - usually with great success. It's depressing how people can't really get their shit together this far into release...

3 hours ago, Garack said:

APS kills ONE rocket and then goes on cooldown. It doesn't stop more than one within like 10 20 seconds. It would be easier if you posted video of the encounter because none of what you've said matches up with the game mechanics. FYI if 20 rockets hit the target (or even half of that), regardless of defenses it has stacked, it would evaporate - plain and simple. If I'm in a tank I kill other tanks with coaxial 12.7mm because it's faster than hurling shells at them. If I'm infantry, I use RPG when I have killing potential - and only then (either from behind or side if previously damaged). I just use TOR if far, takes very little effort to bring tank down to 0 from full HP just by aiming at the turret...

The only way tank would survive a lot of RPGs is if has reactive armor and someone behind the tank constantly repairing said armor.

1 hour ago, Garack said:

APS goes to the back as well with endless ammo... 

APS has limited charges (2 for cheaper and 6 for more expensive one). It's not unlimited. It doesn't block more than 1 rocket every 10 or so 20 seconds. This is reality.

edit:

Notice - when your RPG is countered by APS you see "APS missile destroyed". Note how the second rocket has Vehicle hit.

Edited by Marrond

There you go, made proper montage for you. Actually APS cooldown is 20 seconds. Almost half a fucking minute... you can reload and fire twice in that time...

As said APS has a cooldown so its not at all OP.

(the Cheap APS has 4 shots not two though even though it might look like just 2 visually).

Many people forget about ERA though as im pretty sure it works as it should again RPGs etc (more or less totally negating them)

as i have im pretty immune to RPG hits to areas where i have RPG nets or ERA armor.

(One reason why im generally more scared of the TOR then i am RPG fire)

so i think Garack might confuse APS with hits negated by ERA or armor.

(and also with the APS charges they can be refilled by going back to base to re-arm/Repair)

Also there is the fact that the APS "alarm" will signal against any RPG fired at you even if it does not hit you so near misses might seem like they are destroyed by the APS when in reality they are not.

Tanks can be extremely powerfull when used correctly against people who dont know how to counter them.

They are good if used correctly and carefully against people who know how to counter them

(against good players a tank driver cant just rush into an area but needs to be more carefull and should stay on the edges unless there is friendly infantry around to cover his flanks etc)

And then lastly tanks can be very easily killed if used incorrectly against people who know how to counter them.(Tank drivers who just rush into an area thinking he cant be killed and who is then has is optics destroyed,gets shot in the rear by Tandem warheads or is simply chipped away at with TORs).

So all in all i do not think tanks are OP at all.

If anything they are a bit weak in regard to how OP the TOR is against tanks etc.

(Though there is still plenty of tweaking needed but that is to be expected with a game in this early a stage)

Edited by Mattebubben
  • Like 2

Thanks for all your effords and videos!

Think is though when i was RPG soldier with ammo bag and tandem RPG an emeny Tank ruled the complete game. He never died and had

85:1. in that game i fired easy 10 rockets in 1 minute or so. The APS cant recover that fast. There where Tandem rockets and i hit all times but perhaps not in the rear. Other teammates fired RPG too. We did not kill the tank the whole match.

when i was tank driver the APS constantly showed 5. But no rocket hit me or i got no damage. Perhaps because armor like mattebubben said.

It felt like a bug, simply unkillable.

ERA isn't infinite though. As soon as you blow ERA in an area on a tank, it's gone until repaired. So unless you were blowing every single ERA piece on the tank all around you SHOULD punch through on second hit.

Tested again theres no 20 sec limit in aps. It just absorb rocket after rocket.

shot a tank reload takes some secs shot again and nothing.

Edited by Garack

Not only the cooldown time is too much....The Splash damage radius of HE round is MASSIVE

Edited by IIJackoII

18 minutes ago, IIJackoII said:

Not only the cooldown time is too much....The Splash damage radius of HE round is MASSIVE

Then reduce the splash radius and damage, but simply saying that a guy peaking the corner shouldn't die because the round literally hits near him is wrong imo..

Especially from the 130mm main gun on the wolverine or whatever tank you are using.

They are OP because, zero squads are using the tandem round, and if you are using them it's probably only one person anyway.

and i'm pretty sure we will get other lock-on rockets in the future against tanks.. a javelin or some sort..

Edited by ill

2 minutes ago, ill said:

but simply saying that a guy peaking the corner shouldn't die because the round literally hits near him is wrong imo..

What I'm saying is that the damage radius is huge from the point of impact over the entire radius. 

for me should be progresive.....Something like this maybe.

from Point of impact till...

2/3 meters around 100% = dmg

4/6 meters 75% = dmg

7/9 meters= 50% = dmg 

10 meters 25 % = dmg

10+ meters 10% = >

5 hours ago, IIJackoII said:

What I'm saying is that the damage radius is huge from the point of impact over the entire radius. 

4/6 meters 75% = dmg

7/9 meters= 50% = dmg 

10 meters 25 % = dmg

10+ meters 10% = >

How would you survive the blast 2 or 3 meter away from the designated target

17 hours ago, IIJackoII said:

4/6 meters 75% = dmg

7/9 meters= 50% = dmg 

10 meters 25 % = dmg

10+ meters 10% = >

Thing is the game is trying to be at least semi-reallistic. In real life a HE round from a cannon above 75mm would send enough shrapnel flying to effectively kill anyone within at least 15 meters and possibly lethal up to 30 meters and above.

Edited by ReckinBeast

Tanks are not OP if your team knows how to fight them. For example, it takes me 10 seconds to disable its optics = blind tank. For some reason people fire RPGs at infantry instead of tanks.

• Like 1

well APS work when you shoot enemy from behind when he is  is passing you bay in the ASS, get real, that shit is mounted on front turret, not in back of engine...

17 hours ago, ReckinBeast said:

Thing is the game is trying to be at least semi-reallistic. In real life a HE round from a cannon above 75mm would send enough shrapnel flying to effectively kill anyone within at least 15 meters and possibly lethal up to 30 meters and above.

If you want semi realistic or "simcade" then we must talk about  SQUAD but this game (WW3) is just anothe arcade game.

And pls...Stop with that "IRL" bullshit because this is just a game...

I've noticed, even on the teams I play on, that teammates will get into tanks or other vehicles, and just sit way back near our spawn, or some place where there is distance as well as line of sight and just camp, rack up kills, go back and repair, and contribute nothing to the team at all.  They dont assist in capping points or anything of that matter.