Hello,

in a lot of reviews the ppl write that ww3 is a BF in Hardcore mode. I confirm that.

Thats why I would like to ask if its possible to make two modes. Hardcore and Normal? Because a lot off ppl say ist too hard. They die to fast. Yes me too…O.o

Edited by Axlthesearcher
  • Angry 10

That would be the worst imaginable. This is exactly what divided Battlefield playerbase into two camps not playing with each other, which showed in the amount of available servers as the initial interest in the game dropped off.

There should be only one set of game rules, completely rigid. Only that way the game can stay competitive. 

• Like 7

The game is too hard? All you need to do is learn how to aim and play with your brain, and use logical tactics and flank your opponents using map knowledge and not play it like you would play games like battlefield 1 or call of duty.  This reminds me when a lot of people gave Alien Isolation because they couldn't beat the game on medium difficulty.

Edited by DaHuntzMen
  • Like 3

Well, as a Clan Member (I play I since BF2)  I can say that nobody playsed BF only on normal or hardcore. They played both. I would not see it so black and white. To help this game to grow big it should not be too hard. Not only „PRO“ or „Hardcore“ Gamer want to play this game…..

Edited by Axlthesearcher
  • Angry 1

To play this game you need to cooperate with your team, so imo the difficulty it's ok. They only need to emprove and set up better some things like armour damage, hit boxes damage  etc...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Axlthesearcher said:

Well, as a Clan Member (I play I since BF2)  I can say that nobody playsed BF only on normal or hardcore. They played both. I would not see it so black and white. To help this game to grow big it should not be too hard. Not only „PRO“ or „Hardcore“ Gamer want to play this game…..

I'm not a pro player by any means dude and I manage to maintain a kill / death ratio between 1.0-1.60  because I don't just go running out in the open and move with my squad or with other players on my team while attacking a flag, and I'm hitting a flag by myself I use even more caution and don't sprint and move forward extremely carefully in case someone is anchoring a location. This game seriously requires team play and if you don't you need to watch your surrounds really hard and be on top of your game.

• Like 1

The hardcore mode in my opinion is great and for a few reasons 

As mentioned above It forces you to be much more tactical and work with your team, Running out into the open like a freaked out zoidberg without checking your surroundings is going to be punished, i punish people all the time for this because it practically hands me a free kill as a sniper. So moving and engaging with your squad is a must do in this game. and I appreciate the hardcore aspects because they emphasize these behaviors.

Shooting feels more realistic as lets face it folks, your not going to absorb a properly ranged and executed sniper shot and keep going.... no your probably going to kiss the dirt or if you live through it not be in any ready condition to fight. and that is why i appreciate the high damage model, it also makes armor a valid and worthwhile thing to carry battlefield never really had infantry armor because of the flat damage models but with hardcore damage having that armor can save your butt in more ways than one.

And yes, i feel splitting the community between elites and normies isn't the best way to do it, i feel the game prospers far better if you stick with the rest of us, take your ass woopings and become better from said ass woopings, No professional player has learned from having easymode enabled. the harder it is the better you get.

I say keep the game the way it is. I love it for how it is and would hate it if it changed.

Edited by Twitch_Hawkeyepc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Axlthesearcher said:

I can say that nobody playsed BF only on normal or hardcore

You can only speak for yourself, my friend. And perhaps for the people you know.

I always played hardcore cuz i couldn't stand the normal mode. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Bigfeet said:

You can only speak for yourself, my friend. And perhaps for the people you know.

I always played hardcore cuz i couldn't stand the normal mode. 

Exactly. For me, once I tried HC... normal mode just didn't exist.

And for World War 3. I think, if they aren't gonna create two separate difficulties, the game will be something between HC and normal, but closer to HC.

• Like 2

Making two different modes would drain the payer base for both.

It will also hurt balancing over all for the game as now the devs have to pretty much balance two different games that have two different TTKs and mechanics.

Having one direction of the game. that is extremely polished, very well thought out and solid will make the best game. No need to limit the game in order to cater to everyone.

I really like the non hand holding but people keep equating hardcore to "muh realism". Having the game look real and have minimal hud is nice a long with believable shooting but too many people think there's more skill in low TTK.

Playing a real "hardcore game" like quake and get your assed kicked since now you cant sneeze at a person to kill them and have to actually aim along with have good reflexes and think more.

The TTK from the front outside of the gut is at a decently ok spot to allow for game play with a high skill ceiling, but the TTK on the side and back are super low to the point that there are big technical issues like hit reg for the receiver of damage becasue of the ping. Trying to over reward some one for a flank no matter how bad of a shot they are by not only giving them every chance to win but also by directly hindering the other player though flinch and blur. The tactics are already there and players who use them have the natural advantage. Having low TTK doesn't bring out the tactics more either. There are a lot of high level though going on in some of these non low ttk games that have their own tactics.

I used to play "Hardcore" gamemodes and games. I played squad for a bit and then insurgency, fun games but all I had to do was shoot first and flank. Didn't even challenge me that much and became boring when the point was now just spend some time to flank to win.

When I was playing the COD back when I was a kid I was bitching about muh sniper cant one shot kill to the chest like IRL this is BS. When I started playing non "hardcore" mode I was getting rekt'ed becasue I was too reliant on reflex aiming and getting the first shot, instead of actually having to aim better and go for head shots and then after that move in ways to prevent me getting shot while aiming.

These "Hardcore" realsim LARPers keep trying to act like they are elite but low TTK carries them. Pretty much all of them haven't ever seen a person get shot or shot someone else so its funny to see them complain about how many shots its taking them to kill a person.

That's my main complaint about people using the term wrong because CoF BF coined the term wrong to make people wanting realism feel superior.

Hardcore is the opposite of casual that is all nothing to do with realism/arcade. There are plenty of arcade games out their with more tactics then then some realism tactical games.

The term originally would describe personal attributes like dedication and unwavering committed and in other genres and hobbies that's what it is still used for.

• Like 1

Well, for me it currently has a minimum realism to be reasonably playable. If you have to shoot whole mag in one guy and he doesn't die it's not a game I would play. 

As for the hardcore, there's still quite big survability (e.g. headshots are heavily absorbed by a helmet) but that's the middle point between realism and arcade shooter.

• Like 1

If you want a game thats like WW3 but not "hardcore" just buy any Battlefield game. The BF gameplay is almost exactly what a regular gamemode in WW3 would play like.

The devs spending time on a regular mode just wastes their time on creating a game that plays like another, more established and popular, game that is already out there and lowers the time and resources they invest in each gamemode. Unnecessary imo.
Keep the target audience of the game to what it is and focus on making it as good of a hardcore shooter as you possibly can instead of splitting the focus and both gamemodes suffering for it.

Not every game has to appeal to everyone. Its fine to be a bit more niche and appeal to a smaller audience. There are plenty of us out there who like this style of games to make this game a success.

• Like 2

World War 3 is not Hardcore enough in my oppinion. It already feels too much like Battlefield.
Only casual run and gun without too much depth. If i want the slightest bit less hardcore gameplay, you would literally have Battlefield.

The fact you die fast is a good thing.  When you learn to slow it down you'll have a lot more fun.  Also, adding a kiddie mode would probably cause a whole bunch of balancing issues the game really doesn't need right now.

If the game is "TOO" hardcore for you stick to BF or COD then, This is the game play that I was talking about for years and only WW3 has captured the right mix between all the shooters I have played along the years , BF is dead to me and I was a big fan , this is a fresh start and I see this game a AAA title in the near future with the right tweaks here and there and ofc the addition of some new game modes like search and destroy capture the flag , vanilla fights without rewards or killstreaks , TDM  etc ...

In short don't try to change the game to be like any other , 

just my opinion ofc !

GL / HF all 

• Like 1

On 11/2/2018 at 10:02 AM, Axlthesearcher said:

Hello,

in a lot of reviews the ppl write that ww3 is a BF in Hardcore mode. I confirm that.

Thats why I would like to ask if its possible to make two modes. Hardcore and Normal? Because a lot off ppl say ist too hard. They die to fast. Yes me too…O.o

I found the game difficult for a short while until I adapted my playstyle and figured out what works for me. You will die loads to begin with, but once you learn how to utilise the features and maps properly, and how to apply tactics to the game, you'll see its not so difficult. It just takes time and practice. 

I like the game the way it is!

Its just a matter to learn to play bro!

When you are too much used to play arcade games, you may feel this kind of game is hard at first but it just a matter of changing play style.

yep dont change it, this was made for more "realism" go play BF or another one of the 500 other shooters then... more hardcore would be even better! 😛

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 4:02 AM, Axlthesearcher said:

Hello,

Just play with your clan/friends, if you already have a clan it shouldn't be so difficult.

Teamwork always wins.

I think the game is just as hardcore as it needs. I don't want the game watered down at all. A game doesn't need to be for literally everyone. I want teamwork to be important, and the realism to the bulletproof vests no other game I know has ever been able to replicate. Those two are what drew me to this game, added to seeing new real life places. I have never been to Warsaw, Berlin or Moscow, and this game has really brought it to me that I want to see those places.

Teamwork is important and guarantees victory, and the combat is fairly realistic and what I can imagine happening if war started in urban conditions. Pretty fast-paced compared to forests, as forests are far more vast and have a ton more crevices and flanks.

Now that I have gotten to play the game I can say the game is pretty great as it is, though some changes like not automatically filling/Balancing the magazines would be good in my opinion, though it'd make the game a bit more hardcore, I think it would also be a lesson to know your magazines and when you have to go get more ammunition.