Sign in to follow this  
techniks

Vocie Chat available

I asked this same thing, and one of the devs commented that they dont think they need or will need voice comms, due to TS and Discord.  I on the other hand think that a push to talk sytem between squads like the game "Squad" would be needed.  Not every one likes to jump in random discords and hear mouth breathing and peoples background noises that dont know how to set PTT.  In  a game like this, in game comms is a must, can't just rely on chat box ;)

41 minutes ago, c0penhagenman said:

I asked this same thing, and one of the devs commented that they dont think they need or will need voice comms, due to TS and Discord.  I on the other hand think that a push to talk sytem between squads like the game "Squad" would be needed.  Not every one likes to jump in random discords and hear mouth breathing and peoples background noises that dont know how to set PTT.  In  a game like this, in game comms is a must, can't just rely on chat box ;)

Yeah, i get lack of voip in BF but in game like WW3 where teamplay is so important the squad and proximity voice chat is needed.

I really don’t agree with the “Discord and TS are a thing so we don’t need voip comms” argument. 

Discord and TS are great if you already have a community or even a small squad of friends to play with. But the vast majority of players play with randoms. You’re not going to share Discord links before every single random match. 

Games like BF are technically “team based” but let’s face it, you can play BF as a solo and do just fine. 

WW3 is a game where comms are actually beneficial to the gameplay. A voice chat system is much more important in WW3. 

• Like 1

You most likely find good team communication in WW3. Squad is the only game i know of with a High usage of the VoiP and that isn't even used as squad coms properly most of the time. Almost no one is using it tactically most of the time and it mainly used for random chit chat. The squad community is very different as well with many of them having more of a LARPer mindset while also not having as much casuals as they are mostly core level players.

You can just type into chat and get the same message across pretty much in that game honestly no one is doing call outs that much. I am usually the only one doing any call outs when ever I play.

I would also bring up planetside 2 which has proxy voip, and squad voip, and platoon voip, and even command voip but its almost always unused but people still work pretty well off of each other as randos. The people that are actually interested in team play use TS/discord instead. Pretty much you can bring a horse to water but you cant force it to drink which applies to randos. You can give them voip but most wont use it and a lot will just turn it off.

Pubby voip with randos will just ruin the atmospherics for a lot of people so they will turn it off and stick with their community VoiPs. Also there will be alot of annoying peopel to be muted each game most likely so might as well just turn it off.

When most people wont use the voip or down right miss use it why waist resources on it.

If you dont know voip is usually hard to code into game and takes a chunk of dev time along with the performance hit that will still be there but lessen with external 3rd party severs.

Im missing a voicechat too, but in ww3 there are two facts against this. Its important to hear the steps and the voices of the enemy. so when im playing east side i set enemys language on englisch, and allies language on russian for example. So if i hear people talking english (ammo/med drop, granade warning, squad leader commands aso.) i know the steps coming up the stairs are enemies steps. i really like this and push to talk squad members complaining about something will take away this advantage. There is the same problem in rainbow six, 5 quiet guys, sharing important information in short push to talk messages works perfect, but in most of the rounds there is at least one player complaining,blaming,talking shit or plays music and the whole team cant hear steps anymore. im afraid in ww3 it would be quite the same. so for me its the best solution that people who want to speak are doing this with ts/discord. maybe they can improve ingame communication with a better marking system where you can mark enemys and danger zones so your squads know what you are looking for.

• Like 1