Sign in to follow this  
CapybaraPaul

Why you are always referring to IRL?!

Very often i can see post like:

Tanks are act different IRL.
Recoil is not how its IRL.
Armor IRL work differently.
And so on concerning literally everything.

Who told you, or why you came up with idea that this game should be even close to IRL?!

Actually, in-game conventions are the part why we love games. Guys, believe me, you DON'T want this game to be realistic.
It would be MUCH harder and slower. 
And by the end, we are speaking about PC GAME!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, CapybaraPaul said:

Very often i can see post like:

Tanks are act different IRL.
Recoil is not how its IRL.
Armor IRL work differently.
And so on concerning literally everything.

Who told you, or why you came up with idea that this game should be even close to IRL?!

Actually, in-game conventions are the part why we love games. Guys, believe me, you DON'T want this game to be realistic.
It would be MUCH harder and slower. 
And by the end, we are speaking about PC GAME!

The "IRL" argument in games like this is SO SO stupid ... I mean, there's NO game in ANY genre like in IRL. Not even the ArmA series that is a full MilSim game is close to IRL.

If this type of games were like IRL, then all of us will must be called "campers" and the rounds could last for weeks ...Even months.

• Thanks 2

And then someone releases game that has most realistic elements and people hate it and only few actually plays it xD

3 hours ago, Jacobs said:

And then someone releases game that has most realistic elements and people hate it and only few actually plays it xD

l-22583-thank-you-you-the-beth.jpg

6 hours ago, IIJackoII said:

If this type of games were like IRL, then all of us will must be called "campers" and the rounds could last for weeks ...Even months.

Not really on jungle or forest maps. When you are lying in airsoft in the forest and waiting for the enemy mosquitoes real pain in the ass.
Hey, wanna some realism? Maybe you wanna talk about our great lord mosquitoes simulation?
What you think guys? xD

i think ww3 is in the "action" genre at steam ? so as long it doesnt want to be a simulation IRL discussions are useless. For sure weapons and vehicles are adopted from real life, but its a mutliplayer shooter. So Balancing and Gameflow is always more important than "realism". I like it if a game like this tries to be as accurate as possible without loosing its fun factor. no revives, different hitzones, dynamic loadout, a score system that forces squad teamplay. So its a "hardcore" focused action shooter and not a war simulation, and it never wanted to be one. If people want to camp its legit, war is hell :) but they will never lead the scoreboard with camping only. 

Some of those "realistic" games like Squad have way overexagerated "realism" in order to limit the player ability to shoot instead of replicate shooting IRL.

Having a believably real game is nice and is a great way to base a game off since it makes the game feel much more bad ass if its believably real. But realism simulators aren't fun because it does not have good game mechanics to make the game competitive.

Having overexagerated however it just annoying and cartoonish in its own way.

Some people get off on the "Hardcore" labeling the industry gave "realism" games and modes like BF Hardcore but in actuality those games and modes are easier then the normal game modes because their is way less need to have great mechanical aim to get kills and get kills faster then the other player you are competing against.

Some of these Realism people but not all, have a incorrect superiority complex because they think realism games have more tactics and skill.

Some other people try to use IRL to nerf something they dont like such as the TOR which is most used bolter because its the only properly damaging bolter. The other bolters aren't all that good and are getting buffed to pretty much be near were the TOR is. With the TOR getting another 20dmg added to it with future plans to make it a different class of weapon with its own mechanics.

I see people complain about "muh TOR is so heavy it cant be used like this IRL" but they dont complain about it not turning them to pink mist or being underpowered for if it was a .50 cal.

Some people dont like getting sniped by the bolters so they try to bring realism into it as a excuse to nerf it.

Pretty mush most of the IRL is just people trying to reason for balance changes against things they dont like.

IRL is a good thing to use for trying to make the game believable to a good degree but there is a reason the .50 doesn't one shot to the chest or rip off limbs so the dude dies and that is because it would be bad game balance and not enjoyable. There is a good balance to the amount of realism and the amount of gameplay/competitive aspects to be had inorder to make the game fun.

• Like 1

From where?

The steam store page references authenticity and realism a lot.  So much so that the delivered game bares little resemblance to the devs description in their enthusiasms to appeal to more hardcore shooter fans.

Bolded and colored to help you see where.

ABOUT THIS GAME

World War 3 is a multiplayer military FPS set in a modern, global conflict. Strong teamplay, national armed forces, real locations, full body awareness and a versatile customization system all contribute to the authenticity of the modern combat experience enhanced by other essential elements such as a robust ballistic system, advanced armors and life-like weapons. Produced in cooperation with military R&D centers and consultants, World War 3 shows the consequences of every battle in the context of a global war campaign on a strategic war map.

KEY FEATURES:

Modern Battlefield Experience
World War 3 presents a modern conflict with tactics, techniques and procedures inspired by true combat engagements. All of this packed into two exciting game modes. Warzone offers opportunities for dynamic, intense firefights in teamwork-focused battles of infantry and armored units over fortified points. The tactically-oriented Recon allows players to cooperate within small reconnaissance squads left on their own to survive and capture high-value targets in hostile territory. Together these modes create a coherent gameplay experience aimed at presenting the actual feel of modern warfare.

Real Life Locations
We are proud to give you one of the most realistic levels in the history of FPS. Join the battle on the streets of Warsaw, Berlin and Moscow. Take advantage of the urban environment to surprise enemy forces and dominate the battlefield.

Versatile Customization
Find your own unique combat set fitted to your needs and style without being bound by classes or roles. Choose from hundreds of combinations of unique weapon parts, attachments, skins, camos and paints. Same rules apply to vehicles, tactical gear and uniforms. If it’s possible in real life, it’s possible in World War 3 - simple as that!

National Pride
World War 3 is heavily grounded in military realism, offering accurate depictions of weapons, uniforms and equipment of national armed forces. All of it to inspire you to make the war effort personal and prove that your country is the dominant force on the battlefield. All maps are based on real-life locations such as the streets of Warsaw, Berlin and Moscow (more locations planned) recreated with an unprecedented attention to detail.

Strong Teamplay
World War 3 supports team-based gameplay rewarding the initiative in playing as a part of a squad. Responsible cooperation within a squad is the best recipe for combat effectiveness. Players can choose between assuming the role of an Attacker or a Defender, and use any gear available to support their playstyle – what matters is the victory.

Armor vs Projectile
The most authentic bullet vs. armor system in the FPS genre to date, achieved through years of research and development with military professionals. Ballistics, a weight system, full body awareness, vehicle physics, and an extensive customization system all affect the gameplay in a meaningful way.

Strategic War Map
To show consequences of every battle, player performance is rewarded with resources used to conquer or defend a territory. Gain additional bonuses via the metagame and turn the tide of war! Every destroyed vehicle, every kill, every bullet fired, every achievement affects the big picture presented on a constantly evolving, interactive war map eventually covering the entire planet.

Community Driven Development
World War 3 is being developed by competitive gamers who grew up playing FPS games. As an indie studio we strongly believe that community input is crucial in creating enjoyable and memorable games. We want to invite all of you to take part in the common effort of making World War 3 the game you always wanted to play!!

Edited by twisted
  • Thanks 1

It is not that hard to see why people make comparisons to realism, people like to FEEL they are in a real battle sort of. That doesn't mean exactly, but for the sake of FEELING realism is your standard comparison model. The market is overloaded with twitch shooters pleasing ADHD disorders, making it seemingly "more fun" or pushing the "norm" . 

Now i respect anyones personal idea of what they deem as "fun", but this trend has bin pushing the bar for a long time now. I too was appealed by the announcements of more "realfeel", as i do not enjoy todays 'standard' of FPS games. Allready i see most people doing nothing but rushing. While this has its purpose in situations, there is too little consequense in deaths as you can instantly respawn ... wich promotes the rush behaviour.

It has even come as far that people get 'bored' if that element of instant satisfaction is not being implemented in a FPS. Just look at youngsters these days ... consuming poisonous sugardrinks to push limits wich are promoted as 'energy drinks', talking 100 km/h,ego's blown out of proportion attitudes, etc ... I rest my case. 

Personally not a fan of Arma neither, too many buttons ( as in not intuitive ) wich where it becomes overtechnical. This is why i'm talking about how it FEELS. It is a balance on its own to find that sweet spot between too much and too little. Finding balances is allways the most difficult to find, yet most easy to get used to in the long run once you've found it.

Just like ... in real life. ;)

Edited by Bigfeet
  • Thanks 1

i don't know if you have heard of a game called Red Orchestra

that game is so realistic that people need to run ten minutes to the battlefield. 

If the game can't be more realistic, then why not BF1 or COD??

I play this game is for the realistic stuff. 

I think people don't know what they actually want. If they want something super realistic, they ought to go play Squad/RO/ARMA. But I guarantee you when they do, they'll bitch about it because it doesn't play like other FPS shooters such as CoD/BF/etc.

The best part is that many of the kids shouting 'ITS NOT LIKE IRL' don't even know wtf its like 'IRL'. They're relying on their perception and fantasy as some sort of benchmark for 'IRL'. They don't know shit. Otherwise they'd all be playing Squad/RO/ARMA/etc. Its a total joke.