Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
sparcplug

@ Devs - ETA on AFRICAN SERVERS ? We've been asking for an update but no dev repy

Recommended Posts

Can a dev PLEASE reply on the ETA for the south african servers? FFS we are asking and posing and tweeting and it just gets ignored. PLEASE, the initial answer as that the OTHER server will be up within 2 weeks. its now been more than two weeks and still not south african servers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry mate don't take this the wrong way but I think that the devs have a lot on their mind at the moment rather than adding more servers they are properly fixing issues. Just wait it out to be honest 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BlueArbazini said:

Sorry mate don't take this the wrong way but I think that the devs have a lot on their mind at the moment rather than adding more servers they are properly fixing issues. Just wait it out to be honest 

yea i hear you but the thing is many of us bought the game based on that info that the devs gave us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/4/2018 at 10:55 AM, sparcplug said:

Can a dev PLEASE reply on the ETA for the south african servers? FFS we are asking and posing and tweeting and it just gets ignored. PLEASE, the initial answer as that the OTHER server will be up within 2 weeks. its now been more than two weeks and still not south african servers.

My money is on:

"We want to, we plan to, but we've been so damn swamped with bug fixes, performance tweaks, and generating new content that half of our team died of exhaustion and 4 guys hanged themselves." ~Fake quote by The Farm 51

 

Hey, question! For you South African mates, which regional server typically works best in a desperate situation? Europe, Asia, or South America? I bet an "Antarctican" server would get you better ping than the other choices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2018 at 12:47 PM, Grey Wolf Jack said:

My money is on:

"We want to, we plan to, but we've been so damn swamped with bug fixes, performance tweaks, and generating new content that half of our team died of exhaustion and 4 guys hanged themselves." ~Fake quote by The Farm 51

 

Hey, question! For you South African mates, which regional server typically works best in a desperate situation? Europe, Asia, or South America? I bet an "Antarctican" server would get you better ping than the other choices.

Okay so EU is best where the ping can be anything from 160 - 250 but with the new SACS connection they say that Ping to South America will be anywhere from 120 - 200 so things are getting there.

I know of 1 local ISP that is on the SACS cable but im quoting this from a news article so im not sure.

 

Best is always local but at this point my interest in the game has come and gone.
Ill probably give this a go again when the game does a full release next year but not getting my hopes up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We'll take a look at why there are no AF servers, they should be there. We might've disabled the temporarily because of connection problems, we'll keep you posted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AF servers are there, but due to their machines reporting IP registered in the USA, they are listed under WW3 Server - NA. We'll be changing that.

Also, the matchmaking looks for non-empty servers with other people queuing. If it doesn't find one with players and there's not enough people with you in matchmaking, you'll be sent to other servers, probably EU - since that's the region AF is bundled with.

So make sure to use the default "Play WW3" or "Play EU Servers" to connect to AF - we know it's not ideal and will be much better soon, but African servers are there, in Johannesburg to be precise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That took you a while. ?

57 minutes ago, Ragir said:

Also, the matchmaking looks for non-empty servers with other people queuing. If it doesn't find one with players and there's not enough people with you in matchmaking, you'll be sent to other servers

Are players being made aware of this in-game? If not, a message like "No suitable servers in region [x] found. Expanding search parameters. As a result you may experience higher latency," would probably be a good addition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ragir said:

AF servers are there, but due to their machines reporting IP registered in the USA, they are listed under WW3 Server - NA. We'll be changing that.

Also, the matchmaking looks for non-empty servers with other people queuing. If it doesn't find one with players and there's not enough people with you in matchmaking, you'll be sent to other servers, probably EU - since that's the region AF is bundled with.

So make sure to use the default "Play WW3" or "Play EU Servers" to connect to AF - we know it's not ideal and will be much better soon, but African servers are there, in Johannesburg to be precise.

Ive tried both playing as EU and the default game.. no South African servers.. nothing listed on the server list with a ping less that 180.. I live in Johannesburg :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Ragir said:

AF servers are there, but due to their machines reporting IP registered in the USA, they are listed under WW3 Server - NA. We'll be changing that.

Also, the matchmaking looks for non-empty servers with other people queuing. If it doesn't find one with players and there's not enough people with you in matchmaking, you'll be sent to other servers, probably EU - since that's the region AF is bundled with.

So make sure to use the default "Play WW3" or "Play EU Servers" to connect to AF - we know it's not ideal and will be much better soon, but African servers are there, in Johannesburg to be precise.

Thanks for the update. But to be honest, the physical servers might be there and all but its broken AF. When i have a look at the WW3 server my lowest ping server is 160- EU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We'll take a look, thanks for reporting - we can't test this, as you would imagine, our pings to SA are crazy :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read a topic here of someone posting on how to get to your region servers but can't find it now and can't remember who it was that posted it.

In short we tested this a few times and managed to play on the AF servers everytime :)

1. In steam, click on view -> servers
2. Near the bottom click on Game and choose WW3
3. Check latency, obviously lowest is your region (Africa in our case), make a note of the map name and player count.
4. Go into the game normally by clicking play, not right click region.
5. Once in game, on the war map, click on the map and choose the size i.e. medium. As I am typing this the maps were Poland 32 players, so choose medium.
6. You will now load into a game in your region, my case South Africa. 

Some times you load in slow but servers tend to fill up quick. The game is awesome with low latency, thanks for the servers guys!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...