Sign in to follow this  
hunglam442

Female soldiers

Californian isn't a normal place, and transgendered persons are no longer allowed to join but those who are already in can server the remainder of their time. Trump was very pro for transgender in the military but after speaking with top military officials he changed his views as it is not practical and hindering, especially with all the health needs and mental issues.

For realism and believable I personally would like to see females not portrayed as infantry, but its is not biggy for me. Others it is a big deal and very understandable.

Edited by TZoningHard
  • Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 2:06 PM, TZoningHard said:

Californian isn't a normal place, and transgendered persons are no longer allowed to join but those who are already in can server the remainder of their time. Trump was very pro for transgender in the military but after speaking with top military officials he changed his views as it is not practical and hindering, especially with all the health needs and mental issues.

For realism and believable I personally would like to see females not portrayed as infantry, but its is not biggy for me. Others it is a big deal and very understandable.

Agreed.  Females are not allowed into Infantry and Special Forces for a lot of very good reasons. Trust me, the military has a constant and serious shortage of "manpower" and they really would welcome females into every and all parts of it if it were a good, and effective thing to do. Seeing woman as infantry just isn't realistic.. I hope they add females as pilots in this game.

Edited by Grey Wolf Jack
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Grey Wolf Jack said:

Agreed.  Females are not allowed into Infantry and Special Forces for a lot of very good reasons. Trust me, the military has a constant and serious shortage of "manpower" and they really would welcome females into every and all parts of it if it were a good, and effective idea thing to do. Seeing woman as infantry just isn't realistic.. I hope they add females as pilots in this game

For political reasons they are now in the US infantry. The marine Corps did a very extensive year long study and found that 1% of applicants who were already in the military were applicable in the infantry even if they made the PFT and CFT standards of men. The Corps decided that it was not cost or time effective to screen all females that wanted to get into the infantry.

They were still forced to by congress for political PC reasons. The Marines then just rose standards for every one and had the females wanted in the infantry have to complete the Male PFT/CFTs. Very few marines perhaps still in the single digits are female infantry.

22 minutes ago, TZoningHard said:

For political reasons they are now in the US infantry. The marine Corps did a very extensive year long study and found that 1% of applicants who were already in the military were applicable in the infantry even if they made the PFT and CFT standards of men. The Corps decided that it was not cost or time effective to screen all females that wanted to get into the infantry.

They were still forced to by congress for political PC reasons. The Marines then just rose standards for every one and had the females wanted in the infantry have to complete the Male PFT/CFTs. Very few marines perhaps still in the single digits are female infantry.

It's very few and only for illogical political reasons. Everything you said is spot on, I wanted to elaborate more on all of that, but I'm at work and only have a minute or 2 to write at a time.

Edited by Grey Wolf Jack

While I must agree that the proportion of female soldiers is low compared to male and they are, on average, physically weaker, please understand that this is just a game and keeping it 100% realistic was never the intention. If we wanted a 100% realistic game, we'd make you buy a new copy each time you died - there's no respawns in real life. 99% of bullets would kill you straight up, airstrikes would take hours to get there and you'd have to travel for days to get to the outpost and then spend 2 weeks digging trenches.

Because of that, argument that 'it's not realistic' is not valid. It will take some time to build the technology and make different characters (each character attachment has to be remodelled, skinned and animated again for this).

Good news, though! We're planning a 'disable customization' toggle in the setting for those that hate skins and customization, you can have everyone look the same and gain a few FPS thanks to that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ragir said:

While I must agree that the proportion of female soldiers is low compared to male and they are, on average, physically weaker, please understand that this is just a game and keeping it 100% realistic was never the intention. If we wanted a 100% realistic game, we'd make you buy a new copy each time you died - there's no respawns in real life. 99% of bullets would kill you straight up, airstrikes would take hours to get there and you'd have to travel for days to get to the outpost and then spend 2 weeks digging trenches.

Because of that, argument that 'it's not realistic' is not valid. It will take some time to build the technology and make different characters (each character attachment has to be remodelled, skinned and animated again for this).

Good news, though! We're planning a 'disable customization' toggle in the setting for those that hate skins and customization, you can have everyone look the same and gain a few FPS thanks to that.

But if those female models will be smaller than the male ones, then everyone who plays competitive will be forced to play a female character because of the smaller hitbox. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tweak said:

But if those female models will be smaller than the male ones, then everyone who plays competitive will be forced to play a female character because of the smaller hitbox. 

They won't have smaller hitboxes.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tweak said:

Hitboxes are separate from the visual customization, all hitboxes are the same on all characters, regardless of their appearance :)

4 hours ago, Cral said:

They won't have smaller hitboxes.

Its gonna look weird if they are smaller then the hitbox they have. And wierd if they are bigger then what would be normal for a women.

Also its not just the hit box but a smaller appearing target does affect how easy it is to aim at.

It is a very real thing that competitive players go for the female models because of the smaller appearance give a advantage and if you are not using the advantages then you are at a disadvantage.

The no women in FPS games debate is really old and back in the day it had nothing to do about realism but fairness. I'm kinda torn because I dont care for it to be a complete realism game but females would take away a slight sense of badassery, along with I would like to see some actual females that are pleasant if they are put into the game.

Alot of people can try to ignore what they see and just be meh about the whole situation but its is very hard to ignore Audio which is the bigger problem then seeing them.

I do not want to have to be stuck with no customization mode just to not see female models. Also what if I choose female then turned off the customization to make every one male to me.

I retain the advantage but do not have the disadvantage. Having a mode that gets rid of female models but keeps their cosmetic choices would be the most desirable outcome.

There are large chunks of the players described below that have certain wants/issues with customization in games from my experience in games. Im not all of them but I know form past experiences online in discussions that they are sizable groups.

People who only care about what people that others can see, as they like showing off which is a major drive for progression and spending with these people. This group is the biggest or most moved by changes to customization especially in games that have cosmetic micro transactions.

People who like customization but do not like certain tacky items like golden guns, certain patterns or mohawks. Very wide ranging group that mostly ignore to issues they have.

People who like the customization but dont want to see females still for various and personal reasons.

People who want every one to be one the same page with how the game looks as a sense of purity.

People who are concerned with fairness or how cosmetics can give a advantage.

So will I be able to play as woman on electric wheelchair for fat people  that is shooting TOR in one hand and in other one waves 'murican flag with FREEDOM word painted on it?

This is video with possible model that I had in mind:

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Houndz said:

So will I be able to play as woman on electric wheelchair for fat people  that is shooting TOR in one hand and in other one waves 'murican flag with FREEDOM word painted on it?

This is video with possible model that I had in mind:

That's going to be on the Roadmap I believe.

13 minutes ago, Grey Wolf Jack said:

That's going to be on the Roadmap I believe.

I dont think that is road legal but you might need a map to view it.

You should be able to trade the female soldiers for a pack of Marlboro's. You get 30 minutes with them. THAT is how women are treated in real life in a war zone. See "SELCO, one year in Hell" blog for a reality check

On 11/11/2018 at 10:54 AM, Ragir said:

We've talked about this already, there are female soldiers in todays militaries and we don't see a problem with adding female models to the game, but for now our customization is restricted to one singular model. We plan to widen the options by adding other ethnic groups and adding female soldiers, but keeping to the military look and feel of the game, so no exaggerated features and forced "sexyness". I'm sorry if someone wants to exclude females from our game, but I think if done right, it can be a good thing :)

I agree this is a modern day game where female combat soldiers do exist today last i heard there are or was two female combat soldiers in the US Army Rangers which is not a easy task and this is WW3 not WW2 where many armies did not have female soldiers in combat like the Soviet Union and resistance fighters.

You can call any one a frontline combat soldier but how effective would those individual be. The US Armed forces was forced to allow females in the combat roles by politicians. The commanders wouldn't have wasted the resources to try and find capable women as they didn't have a shortage of high quality men to do the job. The soveit union did not have front line female combat units. They had snipers as snipers were expected to never be in close combat or any type of hand to hand so they used women for those roles as it would free up men for front line combat. The Soviet Union also didn't care about their units or the quality over all. Females in the resistance were almost always spys and resistance fighters by nature are insurgents and not front line fighters.

Most modern forces do not have women in front line roles but could have females in support roles to help with man power shortages. The only armies that have females in combat role are those who suffer from manpower shortages and would need to sacrifice quality for quantity. The other is ones that are forced into allowing women for political correctness over what is more effective and best use of resources. The armies that go quantity over quality are the ones that are defensive in nature and usually have male only units for in case they need a quality shock force.

I don´t really care, but if you go for female soldiers I would like some sort of Assasins Skimpy Battle Rugs like in Conan Exiles :D

Sign in to follow this