Sutex

Kicking Squad Members

As a Squad Leader, the last few games have resorted to kicking squad members  (three sets of Squad members), since I was on my own doing checkpoints,  while there off doing their own thing. It seem pointless having them around in my Squad, when I'm rushing checkpoints only to find no-one is backing me up. Of course the tick rate of the checkpoint is slower then, so I get overrun and killed.

Squads are not working IF those in a Squad are allowed to get points by ignoring orders.  If Squad members disobey Orders, that's ignoring a Checkpoint  Attack or Defend order they start loosing points. For a Squad based game and teamwork this is the only way to get the narcissist hedonists in line :)

th.jpg

Edited by Sutex
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, Sutex said:

As a Squad Leader, the last few games have resorted to kicking squad members  (three sets of Squad members), since I was on my own doing checkpoints,  while there off doing their own thing. It seem pointless having them around in my Squad, when I'm rushing checkpoints only to find no-one is backing me up. Of course the tick rate of the checkpoint is slower then, so I get overrun and killed.

Squads are not working IF those in a Squad are allowed to get points by ignoring orders.  If Squad members disobey Orders, that's ignoring a Checkpoint  Attack or Defend order they start loosing points. For a Squad based game and teamwork this is the only way to get the narcissist hedonists in line :)

th.jpg

yeah they need to implement a vote kick and kick system not only for squads, but for matches itself, sometimes there are players that just shouldn't be at the game

• Like 1

While staring at deployment screen and seeing my squad spaced out across the map or while trying to capture a marked objective by myself (squad leader) I've often found myself wondering why people play objective team based games if they're just going to lone wolf it and not take part in the team or objective part of the game...

• Like 1

You can't expect every player to be an amazing squad member; lots can happen meaning you're isolated from your squad all of a sudden and have to make alternative decisions. You can't legislate for all squad leaders knowing wtf they're doing either. I've had really bad ones. Don't mark an objective. Change mind all the time. Don't attack just sit on point even when losing. No sense of self preservation so die all the time and you can't spawn on them. What you gonna do?

I suggest game is new. People will hopefully improve (those who aren't just sniping from spawn). 

Credit for that pic of Windsor Davies that made me LOL

Image result for it aint half hot mum

• Like 2

Wait, can you even kick people from your squad in this game? Is that a feature that exists?

I have 70 hrs played and I have never encountered someone being kicked.

The flip side is that they got put in a random squad on log in and that would lead to cases of admin abuse. Incentivizing is better or dont run in pubby squads then expect people to be perfect. If you want a more cohesive squad join a community or play with people on TS/Discord.

9 minutes ago, AllTheGearNoIdea said:

You can't expect every player to be an amazing squad member; lots can happen meaning you're isolated from your squad all of a sudden and have to make alternative decisions. You can't legislate for all squad leaders knowing wtf they're doing either. I've had really bad ones. Don't mark an objective. Change mind all the time. Don't attack just sit on point even when losing. No sense of self preservation so die all the time and you can't spawn on them. What you gonna do?

I suggest game is new. People will hopefully improve (those who aren't just sniping from spawn). 

Credit for that pic of Windsor Davies that made me LOL

Image result for it aint half hot mum

Had some thoughts on this before:

Edited by Sutex

2 minutes ago, TZoningHard said:

The flip side is that they got put in a random squad on log in and that would lead to cases of admin abuse. Incentivizing is better or dont run in pubby squads then expect people to be perfect. If you want a more cohesive squad join a community or play with people on TS/Discord.

This exactly.

WW3 has no comms besides text chat (if you are playing with randoms). If I see that my squad leader gives a bad attack/defend command, I'm not gonna take the time to type out my reasons of why he is wrong - Im just gonna go do something else.

13 minutes ago, TZoningHard said:

7 minutes ago, r_a_d_i_s_h said:

This exactly.

WW3 has no comms besides text chat (if you are playing with randoms). If I see that my squad leader gives a bad attack/defend command, I'm not gonna take the time to type out my reasons of why he is wrong - Im just gonna go do something else.

Yes , true but sometimes an Order is about slowing down a wave a re-spawn point , so even though its a Bad deal for the Squad , someone has to do the dirty work.

What ! you want to live forever

images.jpg

Edited by Sutex

7 minutes ago, r_a_d_i_s_h said:

This exactly.

you can hit X over an objective to advise your leader to attack or defend it, that's the only fast comm existent for now XD

7 minutes ago, Sutex said:

Yes , true but sometimes an Order is about slowing down a wave a re-spawn point , so even though its a Bad deal for the Squad , someone has to do the dirty work.

What ! you want to live forever

images.jpg

Your explanation, while valid, still only accounts for a situation in which the squad leader always makes the best overall calls for a team or squad. And when a squad leader is chosen at random (instead of based on any sort of merit), that will never be true for 100% of cases.

Look, at the end of the day, this game is not Squad or ARMA. The fact that objectives don't have to be attacked in a certain order (ex: A -> B -> C, etc) will always result in chaos to some degree or another.

5 minutes ago, Bizarroskull said:

you can hit X over an objective to advise your leader to attack or defend it, that's the only fast comm existent for now XD

I know. Ive used that feature with just about as much success as putting orders when I play as leader.

Edited by r_a_d_i_s_h

5 minutes ago, Bizarroskull said:

you can hit X over an objective to advise your leader to attack or defend it

Never seen that happen, the advice part i mean. I thought pointing at a random flagpoint & hitting the spotbutton just reminds the squadleader for a new command. Not so much that perticular flagpoint persé.

• Like 1

Just now, Bigfeet said:

Never seen that happen, the advice part i mean. I thought pointing at a random flagpoint & hitting the spotbutton just reminds the squadleader for a new command. Not so much that perticular flagpoint persé.

oh ok, i think it may work that way, but anyway is the only direct comm

It is hard to juggle Orders with the map , while taking into consideration whereabouts of  your squad members ( maybe re-spawning )

Still having a penalty for not following orders will get the marching  to the Squad leader music happening :)

Edited by Sutex

If a squad leader doesn't put orders, while you are constantly requesting for new orders you are about to become the leader. The game decides that you are a better option, cause you are trying to place orders.

On the topic, yeah, it's true. But there are always to be solo players (due to low experience about the game or just because they want so)

Edited by CapybaraPaul

1 minute ago, CapybaraPaul said:

If a squad leader doesn't put orders, while you are constantly requesting for new orders you are about to become the leader. The game decides that you are a better option, cause you are trying to place orders.

That’s still not a merit based system. That’s a “eager-based” system.

Being eager to give orders does not mean you are capable of it.

In fact, I’ve found the opposite to be true in life. 

Anyway, i try to get the interaction flowing wich usually ends up them leaving the squad. 

All good i think to myself and start giving orders. Then what usually happens is not a single squad member takes notice and scatter as they please. Soon i'm tired of that and join another squad, sticking with that squadleader. 

A very annoying thing spawning on squadleaders is falling through the map though, usually when they're sticking in a corner or against a wall. Lots of unnessecary respawns for me.

A merit based system for Squad Leaders, could be based on Checkpoint Defended ( not attacked) and how many times a player dies .

So a Good Squad Leader is a survivalist while repelling an attack

Edited by Sutex

5 minutes ago, Sutex said:

A merit based system for Squad Leaders, could be based on Checkpoint Defended ( not attacked) and how many times a player dies .

I actually think that in its current state, the game does not need squad leaders.

There is a general lack of structure to this game - objectives don't have to be captured in order, there is no class system (weapon loadout is completely mix-and-match), anyone can wear any armor, etc.

But all of that disorder is a good thing! It is very fun to run around in a game and get frags! Capturing objectives is secondary to the fun gunplay this game has.

Now, is it possible for the devs to tighten all this up and make WW3 a primarily-tactical based game? Sure! But thats not what it is now. And I for one and am glad.

6 minutes ago, r_a_d_i_s_h said:

I actually think that in its current state, the game does not need squad leaders.

There is a general lack of structure to this game - objectives don't have to be captured in order, there is no class system (weapon loadout is completely mix-and-match), anyone can wear any armor, etc.

But all of that disorder is a good thing! It is very fun to run around in a game and get frags! Capturing objectives is secondary to the fun gunplay this game has.

Now, is it possible for the devs to tighten all this up and make WW3 a primarily-tactical based game? Sure! But thats not what it is now. And I for one and am glad.

Ah ! , your one of those who goes off and frags for fun !! ..   Orders are Orders LOL  yeah I see your point,  only joking..... maybe

3 minutes ago, Sutex said:

Ah ! , your one of those who goes off and frags for fun !! ..   Orders are Orders LOL  yeah I see your point,  only joking..... maybe

I am "one of those" who plays and enjoys a game for its best features.

BTW, I love purely-tactical games. I honestly do. But treating WW3 as a purely-tactical game (again, its current state) would just prove more frustrating than fun.

27 minutes ago, r_a_d_i_s_h said:

I am "one of those" who plays and enjoys a game for its best features.

BTW, I love purely-tactical games. I honestly do. But treating WW3 as a purely-tactical game (again, its current state) would just prove more frustrating than fun.

True , yet the Squad based system and a no k/d bragging rights, in the players score,  is something the Dev's want for this game.

For that end what Ive written is more a suggestion for the future direction of this game.

You may have missed this in another quote above , but this touches on what we are discussing here, expect in the link below I didn't mention penalties for not obeying orders 

Edited by Sutex

23 hours ago, Sutex said:

I found attacking is much more rewarding than defending.

80% of the time it better to give your opponent to capture point and take 2 in return.

Also, i hadhave few games in which we totally wrecked opponent on the map. I was 25k points, my squad was top 1, and I had 11-20 score (or close to that).

Edited by CapybaraPaul