Jump to content
Gemini899

This game definitely needs helicopters

Recommended Posts

I think that having the name of world war 3 signifiers really  must respect the reality of the facts there is no war made only of tanks and infantry, the ww3 are another stuff certainly the helicopters will be part of it. now what I believe and that this game has the potential and the duty to bring helicopters in its gameplay and has already been mentioned that there will never be jet cuz airstirke and already its presence, but in future maps helicopters will surely be appreciated by the community of world war3, would make the game like we all want. last question why the United States of America are not in the least present both in the form of team and vehicles?. thanks I hope in an understanding from the developers.

 

he balance must be good, so anti-air weapons and heat seeking missiles will surely be what would be appropriate. I think one helicopter for team and more than abundant always with the same policy a helicopter spown at the beginning of the game then to get it will need to call it with the points I think a base of 3500 points will be perfect. obviously if the helicopter is already occupied by a player it will not be possible to call another one this I think is an excellent balance.

some photos to clarify your ideas.

Agusta_A129CBT_Mangusta,_Italy_-_Army_JP6382395.jpg

Bell_USMC_AH-1_Viper_(cropped).jpg

VVS_100th_IMG_0063_(7727429476).jpg

1200px-Italian_Helicopter_HH139,_Trident_Juncture_15_(cropped).jpg

1016979857.jpg

Edited by Gemini899
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ill said:

as of now, yes.

air is cancer and hasent ever been balanced well in IvA.

The reason for no air is not jsut because map size or no technical infrastructure for them but because it was design choice to increase the experience for ground players by removing the air from game.

You can also make the realism argument with how helos would not be hovering over the battle because of the high risk and high cost of them. Helos are for transport to near not in the battle and for popping up behind hills in the distance (up to 32miles) to take out targets while reducing the risk to them selves.

You also have to take in to account anti air that reaches for miles, arty that reaches for miles putting the airbases into danger and other air that can demolish helos making what you seen in battlefield games highly unlikely to occur since you dont get shit loads of jets/helos in war.

http://www.ww3begins.com/

Also please read the PPL interview on there views for air in this game.

 

Im not a realism over gamplay person so my main argument is how broken air usually is since their is the reoccurring issue of balancing air to where its too op or so easily destroyed its not worth the resources used.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, TZoningHard said:

air is cancer and hasent ever been balanced well in IvA.

The reason for no air is not jsut because map size or no technical infrastructure for them but because it was design choice to increase the experience for ground players by removing the air from game.

You can also make the realism argument with how helos would not be hovering over the battle because of the high risk and high cost of them. Helos are for transport to near not in the battle and for popping up behind hills in the distance (up to 32miles) to take out targets while reducing the risk to them selves.

You also have to take in to account anti air that reaches for miles, arty that reaches for miles putting the airbases into danger and other air that can demolish helos making what you seen in battlefield games highly unlikely to occur since you dont get shit loads of jets/helos in war.

http://www.ww3begins.com/

Also please read the PPL interview on there views for air in this game.

 

Im not a realism over gamplay person so my main argument is how broken air usually is since their is the reoccurring issue of balancing air to where its too op or so easily destroyed its not worth the resources used.

Map size is not an excuse, because as we can see from the current layout on the map, these can be extended easily... and even with the current layout on the warsaw map, a heli would fit.

 

but they already stated on the forums that it is unlikely to see them.

anyhow i still think i'd be epic to see them on 64 servers.

 

and about balance... i do not agree with you said.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't like it, maybe small attack helicopters like the AH-6 Little Bird could be considered, but even so, they would be too fragile to gunfire, because if they do add attack helicopters, all I can think of is a pilot camping high in the air (far enough to the point that it can't be hit by ordinary rifles), and his/her partner in the gunner just farming kills, only landing to re-arm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Elif said:

I don't like it, maybe small attack helicopters like the AH-6 Little Bird could be considered, but even so, they would be too fragile to gunfire, because if they do add attack helicopters, all I can think of is a pilot camping high in the air (far enough to the point that it can't be hit by ordinary rifles), and his/her partner in the gunner just farming kills, only landing to re-arm.

Rising Storm 2 Vietnam did a great job at balancing out the choppers.

If you stay too high, and the AA missle's are lockod onto you, you have to get below 70feet, or else you are dead.

Edited by ill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ill said:

Rising Storm 2 Vietnam did a great job at balancing out the choppers.

If you stay too high, and the AA missle's are lockod onto you, you have to get below 70feet, or else you are dead.

 

Yeah, but at that point, you're so vulnerable to gunfire, it's not even worth it, air vehicles are just too fragile for this type of game, tanks and APCs are already fragile without infantry support, what more if helicopters were added into the game.

I also dislike the idea of adding Heat-seeking missiles to the game, because of its shoot and forget nature.

Edited by Elif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am against attack helicopters.

I would consider transport helicopters(maybe with scout helis)  in large map without tanks, APC - something like in Battle of Mogadishu - crew with miniguns, possibility to fast rope, rpg against helis etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Elif said:

 

Yeah, but at that point, you're so vulnerable to gunfire, it's not even worth it, air vehicles are just too fragile for this type of game, tanks and APCs are already fragile without infantry support, what more if helicopters were added into the game.

I also dislike the idea of adding Heat-seeking missiles to the game, because of its shoot and forget nature.

Fair enough, didn't expect everyone to be against choppers, but it is what it is i guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think  here you are creating an wrong atmosphere against helicopters. if your think the helicopter are only for farming againste infantry that is totaly wrong. everything is possible with good balance, however it is said that the pilot must camper in the air and easily generate anhigh kill streak if the height limit will be balanced to a duty does not happen, all through is the fact that with 1 rpg the helicopter and practically KO is an attack helicopter is not very fast so the aiming shot is not so difficult, as regards the equipment I think in words all the weapons with splash damege have to be rebalanced my opinion too good, a splash reduced damege means that it is more skill on the part of players to snipe people instead of bombarding them. anyway this and what I think I think my balancing helicopters is not a big weight indeed would add a gameplay in a touch of extra depth, and then let's say it in all of you would not gas a throw down a helicopter with a rpg? let's go guys just look at the negative side of the thing and then the helicopters is not said that I have been inserted in every map so if someone is not the case to be killed by a helicopter 2-3 times per round well then this game is not for you .

Edited by Gemini899
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AS_Walking said:

pls no.....and honestly in most of the maps they would be useless. 

That's my opinion ?

we have only 3 map so what is this useless point? ofc im talking about new map 

Edited by Gemini899

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If there afe no aviation i think pretty soon after release i will quit out of the game. Or even earlier if such would be announced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RabbidWallaby said:

Game is already over run with snipe happy people, why not add heliwhores to the mix too.

this make no sense... pp really can't understand with good balance all is possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Gemini899 said:

this make no sense... pp really can't understand with good balance all is possible.

Its mathematically unbalanced. All the factors air brings and interacts with the infantry/ground factors it only detracts from infantry/ground play.

The mechanics that air brings pushes all a2g v infantry scenarios to air being OP with only deterrents to keep them from having absolute control all the time and possibly forcing the most of the battle temporary. Or to where they are too weak and killable so they arent enjoyable to use and a waist of resources. You can only have Hard counters or soft deterrent with how Air interacts in games that have ground/infantry.

BF has very unbalanced Air like most other games as they took the OP air balanced by having deterrents instead of hard counters except for some cases like the AA on some BF4 maps.

The world is math and so is Video game mechanics and balancing. You can put a lot of work into it and maybe find some work around to existing issues in balancing designs but some stuff is at a nexus of mathematical yes or no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ill said:

That's not a game issue.

 

It happened in battlefield 1942, battlefield 2142, battlefield 2, list goes on...

thats easy kills, i've killed so many of them camper sniper. I mostly get killed by AR not snipers, so i guess you go out in the middle without any cover or fire suppression of you squad mate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, CMBelite-FR said:

thats easy kills, i've killed so many of them camper sniper. I mostly get killed by AR not snipers, so i guess you go out in the middle without any cover or fire suppression of you squad mate

Anyway a good sniper defending flag can be pain in the ass

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...