Sign in to follow this  
SnakePlissken

Few questions regarding game's mechanics.

Question 1:  stats on attachments. 

When I choose between different barrels, it shows RECOIL –0.2, or RECOIL –0.05, which, as I assume, means that this attachment reduces recoil (adds a negative value), but when I switch to other attachments, related to weapon handling, (grip, bipod, compensator, flash hider, suppressor) I see RECOIL 0.85, RECOIL 0.9, a positive value. What does it mean? Recoil itself is displayed as positive value on the weapon’s stats, so, negative value on barrels is a mistake of some sort, or positive value on other attachments actually adding recoil, not decreasing it? 

Question 2: recoil mechanics. 

When you are firing full auto, recoil kicks in, when you stop firing, your sights return to point of aim. Same happens when you tap firing. But, if you tap fire faster than 4 shots\clicks per second, you get the point of aim shifting. Why it happens? Is it intended? If it is intended, then how big is influence of random horizontal recoil (fixed values, left\right is random on each individual shot) on tap firing? (also, point of aim shifting is hell of a pain for pistols, which are already suffering on their own)

Question 3: armor. 

What is the point of armor, except, of course, limiting my mobility, if 99% of my deaths, instant deaths, look like this? (highest, critical hits, full damage not mitigated by armor) Armor only covers the small area, limited by its visual representation on post-death screen, and not the whole body? What about hits to the side, to the back?

Question 4: RPG-7. 

Basic warhead looks like single-stage HEAT, which should have less splash damage on infantry, but in fact it works no worse that Fragmentation warhead. Is it just balancing issue, or different warheads only differ by their damage, not effect? 

Edited by SnakePlissken
Tags, grammar, background fix.
  • Like 1