Sign in to follow this  
r_a_d_i_s_h

Spawncamping... Backsniping... These are the game’s real objectives

Spawns will be redesigned in the near future and should go live before Christmas, maybe sooner. It’s a huge task that requires lots of work and we can’t do it any quicker. 

Edited by Borreh
  • Like 5

32 minutes ago, Borreh said:

Spawns will be redesigned in the near future and should go live before Christmas, maybe sooner. It’s a huge task that requires lots of work and we can’t do it any quicker. 

Lol ok.

FFS, just make a team deathmatch mode. Everyone just treats it like a TDM already due to the awful map and spawn design anyway. At least that way people will keep playing it instead of being frustrated in trying to capture bases for points. 

You made a game with good gunplay and fun encounters. Capitalize on that instead of trying to make a game you aren’t capable of making. 

Edited by r_a_d_i_s_h
I can’t spell

I think I read it on Discord but devs are going to introduce 10min Deathmatch-like mode week after big patch 

17 minutes ago, r_a_d_i_s_h said:

Lol ok.

FFS, just make a team deathmatch mode. Everyone just treats it like a TDM already due to the awful map and spawn design anyway. At least that way people will keep playing it instead of being frustrated in trying to capture bases for points. 

You made a game with good gunplay and fun encounters. Capitalize on that instead of trying to make a game you aren’t capable of making. 

I've been on both sides with and against you and the team, it's a fundamental player issue.

Too many players that can't maintain a point, much less even cap a 2nd point. The mindset of players today is more CoD than BF for instant gratification which makes players naturally deviate to the most easiest ways to get points without much thought. Outside of Warsaw with the spawn map limitations not even being implemented, there's a multitude of ways to get out of chokepoints or being pushed to the main and backup spawns.

The most easiest way is by attacking and capturing the farthest spawn from the "heat" on the map currently and working back towards the spawn. Effectively catching the enemy team in a "pincer" and suddenly you've got a side to attack from.... Too bad the quality of players nowadays are so utterly poor that kind of a comeback is few and far in between.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I think I read it on Discord but devs are going to introduce 10min Deathmatch-like mode week after big patch 

Really? Now that’s interesting. That would bring and keep new players while things get sorted out. 

12 minutes ago, Vriz said:

I've been on both sides with and against you and the team, it's a fundamental player issue.

Too many players that can't maintain a point, much less even cap a 2nd point. The mindset of players today is more CoD than BF for instant gratification which makes players naturally deviate to the most easiest ways to get points without much thought. Outside of Warsaw with the spawn map limitations not even being implemented, there's a multitude of ways to get out of chokepoints or being pushed to the main and backup spawns.

The most easiest way is by attacking and capturing the farthest spawn from the "heat" on the map currently and working back towards the spawn. Effectively catching the enemy team in a "pincer" and suddenly you've got a side to attack from.... Too bad the quality of players nowadays are so utterly poor that kind of a comeback is few and far in between.

Hey man! Yeah, I remember playing against you (and with you) today actually. And I remember talking to you in-game about this exact topic. 

I agree with everything in your post. I totally do. But there is a reason that CoD plays the way it does and BF plays the way it does - the games are designed for their individual game styles.

That’s where WW3 falls short. Not in the mechanics and gun play. Those are great (hit reg could be better but hey, it’s EA). It just feels like it’s trying to cater to both the CoD and BF game styles while falling short in both. 

The game just feels like it doesn’t know it’s own identity. 

8 hours ago, r_a_d_i_s_h said:

Lol ok.

Hahahahahah.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

There is always a way to avoid being spawn camped but majority of the players are not smart enough..

I say spawns are not the reason that teams are getting spawn camped, but I'm not saying they are perfect either.

Edited by happysouls

5 hours ago, Borreh said:

Hahahahahah.

What part of my post was amusing to you?

The part about how people treat your game as a TDM mode because your game designers don’t know how to design a proper PvP multiplayer?

Or was it the reminder that trying to play your game as intended causes people to rage quit, resulting in 20 vs 10 teams. 

Laugh away my friend, but I stand by my original post - if basic gameplay mechanics aren’t fixed (I’m not talking about bugs here), you will lose the entire already-shrinking player base. 

3 hours ago, happysouls said:

There is always a way to avoid being spawn camped but majority of the players are not smart enough..

I say spawns are not the reason that teams are getting spawn camped, but I'm not saying they are perfect either.

Ahhh, I see. People aren’t smart enough to avoid it. It’s definitely not the fact that the map allows the enemy team to access all spawn points.

Have you even played this game? 

26 minutes ago, r_a_d_i_s_h said:

Ahhh, I see. People aren’t smart enough to avoid it. It’s definitely not the fact that the map allows the enemy team to access all spawn points.

Yeah majority of players seem to lack common sense.

They should definitely make it so a round doesn't start unless there are atleast 10/12 players in the game. At the moment 1-2 guys who are alone on the server can cap all points before there is anyone on the other team.  I think that this is the main issue.

7 hours ago, r_a_d_i_s_h said:

What part of my post was amusing to you?

The part about how people treat your game as a TDM mode because your game designers don’t know how to design a proper PvP multiplayer?

Or was it the reminder that trying to play your game as intended causes people to rage quit, resulting in 20 vs 10 teams. 

Laugh away my friend, but I stand by my original post - if basic gameplay mechanics aren’t fixed (I’m not talking about bugs here), you will lose the entire already-shrinking player base. 

I think you misinterpreted my reaction, I wasn't laughing you off, but laughing at one of the things you suggested, but can't say anything ? Just wait and see :)

Edited by Borreh
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Borreh said:

I think you misinterpreted my reaction, I wasn't laughing you off, but laughing at one of the things you suggested, but can't say anything ? Just wait and see :)

Ahhh lol. Gotcha. Sorry if I came off super defensive then. 

1 minute ago, r_a_d_i_s_h said:

Ahhh lol. Gotcha. Sorry if I came off super defensive then. 

No worries :)