-Bl1tzTurk-

Snipers are already a big problem in this game

Hi,

I would like to share my frustrations with this topic about the snipers that just ruin the game for people who want to work together as a team to win. It is unbelievable how many snipers there are in Moscow map that aimlessly hunt for kills from base positions. You can not achieve anything with so many snipers. The enemy has already taken over all the objectives and is positioned on points that are excellent for spawn kills.

If you look around you, you only see snipers who are standing still and playing pee ka boo: ''look i shot you first ha ha ha''... The enemy is also full of snipers who attack you from all sides and litterly spawn killing you.How can i capture A1 and A2 while 70% of my team is camping with sniper and the enemy waiting for spawn kills?

Are the devs going to do something about this?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Got out of a game on Berlin where the majority of the enemy team were snipers using TORs. They couldnt effectively push up, much less even deal with armored vehicles because of the natural tunnel vision they're in.

Too focused on the kills instead of making a coordinated map push to objs and winning the match.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Vriz said:

Got out of a game on Berlin where the majority of the enemy team were snipers using TORs. They couldnt effectively push up, much less even deal with armored vehicles because of the natural tunnel vision they're in.

Too focused on the kills instead of making a coordinated map push to objs and winning the match.

Yes Berlin same problems around objectives C1 and C2. They just wont move and if you try to flank them you always get shot from a unsuspected spot.. You try over and over again but cant do anything because majority is sniping. 

This starting to get out of control...

They are adding cover to Moscow and Warsaw to alleviate the long range kills. Snipers are not a issue its the people on the receiving in playing aimlessly and being easy targets.

Moscow isn't as for giving in this aspect so redoing/adding more cover would help it out.

I dont see that many snipers in game honestly. You have shotguns, lmgs, assault rifles, smgs, and then bolters. I would say that a good 1/5 is using shottys, 1/5 is using lmgs, 2/5s are using ARs, 1/5 is using the bolters. very few are using smgs.

Haven't even played lately but have checked out a few streams always checking to see progress of game. Most times person is sniping enemy has all the points but look how good I am camping with my rifle doing absolutely nothing effective for my team, lol. Yes it's starting to look EXACTLY like another Sniperfield. The fact that they put in a rifle capable of destroying a tank should tell you more than you need to know about this.

• Like 1

I run and gun with the bolters when I play them. Im very aggressive, as a bolter. People are just mad they get sniped. I havent noticed to many snipers or people runnning around with bolters at all and dont get killed by them more then any other gun as I dont make my self a easy target.

People just stand still, run in a straight line peak a corner for way to long or peak it the same way again. I'm pretty mixed in what I play and take down people trying to bolt on me with SMGs.

26 minutes ago, TZoningHard said:

They are adding cover to Moscow and Warsaw to alleviate the long range kills. Snipers are not a issue its the people on the receiving in playing aimlessly and being easy targets.

Moscow isn't as for giving in this aspect so redoing/adding more cover would help it out.

I dont see that many snipers in game honestly. You have shotguns, lmgs, assault rifles, smgs, and then bolters. I would say that a good 1/5 is using shottys, 1/5 is using lmgs, 2/5s are using ARs, 1/5 is using the bolters. very few are using smgs.

Thats is how you see it but how i see it is totally different because the game itself shows how the situation gets unbalanced as soon as 75% starts to sniping from the utter places of the map. As i said earlier A1, A2 and C2 are problematic locations on the map. It is to attractive for people that already have some kind of camping style. It only encourages them more. I try to do my best to  capture a single point for example A1. I die and die over again but meanwhile i see more than 5 team mates just standing behind that square blocks trying to kill someone. Is this fair? I rush and i die while they only standing there? 

6 minutes ago, TZoningHard said:

I run and gun with the bolters when I play them. Im very aggressive, as a bolter. People are just mad they get sniped. I havent noticed to many snipers or people runnning around with bolters at all and dont get killed by them more then any other gun as I dont make my self a easy target.

People just stand still, run in a straight line peak a corner for way to long or peak it the same way again. I'm pretty mixed in what I play and take down people trying to bolt on me with SMGs.

Lol so much this. Its way too tempting to not use snipers when people do this over and over again. 

Advance with lots of smoke nades and only rush when ur close enough would be my respons in such a situation.

2 hours ago, r_a_d_i_s_h said:

Lol so much this. Its way too tempting to not use snipers when people do this over and over again. 

I dont really see it as that rewarding, you can do so much better with a assault rifle with less effort. hence why more people are using assault rifles.

2 hours ago, -Bl1tzTurk- said:

Thats is how you see it but how i see it is totally different because the game itself shows how the situation gets unbalanced as soon as 75% starts to sniping from the utter places of the map. As i said earlier A1, A2 and C2 are problematic locations on the map. It is to attractive for people that already have some kind of camping style. It only encourages them more. I try to do my best to  capture a single point for example A1. I die and die over again but meanwhile i see more than 5 team mates just standing behind that square blocks trying to kill someone. Is this fair? I rush and i die while they only standing there? 

I only see a couple snipers in each game. Why punish the players who arent doing any thing wrong by watering down the game so the bad players are on the same level.

lol why are you rushing that's the issue, suppress them as you peak, chip away the health use the latency as you peak the corner to do so so they dont have a chance to hit you. If they are only standing their then you should be able to shoot them easily.

I dont know of any map where you are in a situation where the assault rifle can not reach and you dont have bounding cover or a flank route. If its really bad dont rush go the other way. Would you rush any player with any weapon and call it not far if you lost.

I get a way better KD with assault rifles or lmgs. And running SMG only I get around the same KD as sniping but a lot easier.

We are getting 3 smoke grenades next patch as well adn more cover on Moscow and Warsaw.

46 minutes ago, tomciomalina said:

TOR should be only for vehicles. Who agrees?

even in real life soldier use 0.50cal against infantry so i don't agree

• Like 1

Snipers are OP cause everyone can run with a second TOR or G 29.. 

just limit the like in every other game.

Edited by Garack
  • Like 1

Are snipers OP?? not really,

just a smoke and an RPG would be it

if not, fire two RPGs towards them.

the only problem is that nobody is actually carrying a smoke grenade, you are always using grenades for fun.

wake up, in a large battlefield, smoke is the thing for you to carry, not a grenade or flash.

BTW, I do think that tanks are OP, they just come into my spawning point and kill me the moment I respawn, really frustrating. 

Edited by FireDiamond
  • Like 1

There is a simple solution to this.  Remove the kill counter from the statistics and emphasize PTFO point system.  Capture an objective, defend an objective, follow orders, help team mates, etc., these things should award the points instead of how many folks you hosed down.

So they can camp all the way, get a 30-0 result at the end and be at the bottom of the list for all their "skill". 

• Like 1

Sniper rifles need additional balancing mechanics which will be introduced once we get them done. We'll probably play around with the sway and recoil a lot (making them useful mostly when crouched or prone).

Edited by Borreh
  • Like 6

Sounds more like people are unwilling to adapt to the situation and environment. Whats one definition of madness/insanity..? Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. 

If you are having problems with snipers, change your tactics. People seem to want this game to be a deathmatch clone of BF or COD. Its not supposed to be that. Learn to use different tactics to deal with different threats, and stop doing the same things over and over again if its not getting you results.

Jesus. Why do so many people expect everything to be nerfed or changed to suit their playstyles solely because they're unwilling to adapt.. Its laughable. 

Edited by N4choLibre
  • Like 6

9 minutes ago, N4choLibre said:

Sounds more like people are unwilling to adapt to the situation and environment. Whats one definition of madness/insanity..? Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. 

If you are having problems with snipers, change your tactics. People seem to want this game to be a deathmatch clone of BF or COD. Its not supposed to be that. Learn to use different tactics to deal with different threats, and stop doing the same things over and over again if its not getting you results.

Jesus. Why do so many people expect everything to be nerfed or changed to suit their playstyles solely because they're unwilling to adapt.. Its laughable. 

So, snipers are interesting in this game. I don't know quite what it is, but using a sniper in this game is not the same as in games like BF (for example). In BF (at least in BF1), when I use a sniper I feel a much more pressing need to constantly move, while in WW3 I feel much more "safe" holding a position for a longer period of time. And I'm not talking about camping with a sniper (I def know the difference, lol). But there is just something about WW3 that makes it much more inviting to play in the open while maining a sniper.

I don't know, maybe its just me.

I will say, I agree with your statement that too many people just expect things to be changed around their needs. I know I have been guilty of that myself from time to time, and by the time someone points it out its too late.

5 hours ago, Borreh said:

Sniper rifles need additional balancing mechanics which will be introduced once we get them done. We'll probably play around with the sway and recoil a lot (making them useful mostly when crouched or prone).

Come on man ,that's not fun. They are already the more skill based weapons with more down sides then other weapons.

Maybe when match making is fully up and based on skill/ping we might see a decline in complaints.

I trust you tho.

Edited by TZoningHard

1 hour ago, TZoningHard said:

Come on man ,that's not fun. They are already the more skill based weapons with more down sides then other weapons.

Maybe when match making is fully up and based on skill/ping we might see a decline in complaints.

I trust you tho.

''skill based weapons...'' ? So if you shoot a running guy from 100 meters with a sniper you are skilled? 

Its all about to move  but they rather to choose skeet shooting instead of moving out with the team to capture objectives.  Maybe you are a sniper that plays the objective but we are not talking about you but a lot of people that camps with the sniper. You see people camping behind the blocks at A1, A2 and C2 with assault rifles? Idont think so.. 

"A lot"... I hardly see any one sniping like how you say.

Yes its skilled that's why I play it because its high risk high reward which keeps things interesting. Getting a single shot off then having a down time till you can fire again leaves you with little room for error along with that shot being challenging to pull off. Its not my fault that the dude at 100yards was running in a straight line begging to be shot by any one be it a bolter or a AR user, or by any one else and their grandma. The challenge is that you are at a disadvantage to every other guns as they have more forgivability and better killing potential. The pros of bolting is a potential insta kill with aim and use at all ranges.

I can shoot a running guy with a SMG at 100yards and get the kill decent amount of the time. With a assault rifle I will certainly get the kill, same with a LMG. The MCS is still capable of killing at that range as well. Running around with the AR gets repetitive with how slow and easy the other players are so I go back to bolting for a challenge.

If some one was camping they wouldn't be getting many kills and not be a bother to any other players. For the amount of tactical talk I see, I see very little thought out/tactical movement in game.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TZoningHard said:

"A lot"... I hardly see any one sniping like how you say.

Yes its skilled that's why I play it because its high risk high reward which keeps things interesting. Getting a single shot off then having a down time till you can fire again leaves you with little room for error along with that shot being challenging to pull off. Its not my fault that the dude at 100yards was running in a straight line begging to be shot by any one be it a bolter or a AR user, or by any one else and their grandma. The challenge is that you are at a disadvantage to every other guns as they have more forgivability and better killing potential. The pros of bolting is a potential insta kill with aim and use at all ranges.

I can shoot a running guy with a SMG at 100yards and get the kill decent amount of the time. With a assault rifle I will certainly get the kill, same with a LMG. The MCS is still capable of killing at that range as well. Running around with the AR gets repetitive with how slow and easy the other players are so I go back to bolting for a challenge.

If some one was camping they wouldn't be getting many kills and not be a bother to any other players. For the amount of tactical talk I see, I see very little thought out/tactical movement in game.

I really like this. I feel like you and I have a very similar play style. 

Hmmmm, I snipe too, if I play assault I get to much lag in close combat, unplayable. But with sniping, holding on to one spot, I survive. Thats my reason, and its funny, I never sniped in a other game, I like it ? But that spawn killing has to be stopped, one way or another, I am sure the devs will figure something out

• Thanks 1

I tryed to be a simple soldier after be a good sniper in game and i say that the trick to escape from snipers is to wear a very light armour; you'll run very fast and it'll be very difficult to be shoot.

Btw i remeber that a rifle gun is more strong than a TOR, cause hit boxes are not fixed and with 2 or 3 shoot in a leg yuoi could kill a sniper that can shoot only 1 bullet overy 3 seconds