-Bl1tzTurk-

Snipers are already a big problem in this game

1 minute ago, Grey Wolf Jack said:

Possible DMR's releasing in the month of my birthday?! *Fingers crossed* Damn I'm hyped.

Now, we can't *make* a DMR as it's something that needs to be done in the customization, but you can always insert weapons firing a more powerful carti- whoops I almost spilled some beans! 

3 minutes ago, Borreh said:

Now, we can't *make* a DMR as it's something that needs to be done in the customization, but you can always insert weapons firing a more powerful carti- whoops I almost spilled some beans! 

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh!

Just nerfed the TOR heavily and sniper rifles overall, turned out they were bugged with a long forgotten hotfix (yes it does happen) that caused their bullets to have absurd, hitscan-like velocity. TOR was also nerfed with a damge just a few points higher than that of G29 (but due to it's increased armor penetration it will still do more damage when hitting flat in the plate).

RPGs were also tweaked down, especialy the frag warhead.

Hope those changes will get into the PTE once it launches.

Edited by Borreh

Dont forget RPG spammers. They sitting on ammo pack and spam it.

This guns are problematic in many FPS games. Best solution is limit of this guns per team, I think.

RPG was one of the few tools you could use against these annoying snipers. I dont think that some people still understand the point we try to make here. The problem of the overflow of snipers in a match is that these guys dont play the objective and causing for more frustration for the losing side that tries to capture flags and re-balance the game. You can not expect from a assault guy to flank snipers that are camped in a radius of 50 meters around a object. For example B1 at Berlin. A1, A2 and C2 on Moscow, C1/D1/C2/A1 at Warsaw. The distance is just way to far to spot and flank snipers thats far away. When you try to capture a flag you have to deal with a snipers and b regular assault guys. This combination is almost impossible to stand against it. Especially when many players at your own team also uses snipers to camp with. 

Mister TZoningHard can describe some good theories but  most of them are not representing the practical side of it. 

I dont want to be forced to use a sniper rifle just to counter other snipers that camps the whole match. If this is the logic than everybody will use sniper rifles. 

The best solution for this problem is to set conditions to sniping such as prone. If you want to use a sniper, first u need to prone. Thats it. 

There are some tools/strategies to deal with snipers:

-mini UGV, vehicles etc

-strikes like quadrocopter, artillery, missiles, leviatan etc.

-you can also use flying drones and mini drone to spot them

-you can cover your squad with smoke screens

-you can snipe them back

-snipers that are not playing aggressively are very prone to suppression, cuz of small adrenaline build up (hidden mechanic) so LMG with bipod is great option to fight them

• Like 4
  • Angry 1

7 minutes ago, Morp said:

There are some tools/strategies to deal with snipers:

-mini UGV, vehicles etc

-strikes like quadrocopter, artillery, missiles, leviatan etc.

-you can also use flying drones and mini drone to spot them

-you can cover your squad with smoke screens

-you can snipe them back

-snipers that are not playing aggressively are very prone to suppression, cuz of small adrenaline build up (hidden mechanic) so LMG with bipod is great option to fight them

Yes but dont forget that these tools requires some amouth of BP. You can use a minidrone against one man, and the rest of the snipers then? Its already hard to earn BP with a team thats overpowered by the other team. At some point you are just handcuffed. No wonder why people quit the matches early when the game is unbalanced by these snipers. Keep denying the actual problem, that will make a good progression of the game ;) 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

We are not denying the problem, but to make sniping (which is favorite playstyle for a lot of players) frustrating is not an option. Players who don't use sniper rifles would like to render them useless, player who don't play tanks, want tanks to be nerfed, players who don't like strikes... We must balance it, so everyone have fun.

44 minutes ago, -Bl1tzTurk- said:

these tools requires some amouth of BP

Gadgets don't use BP and if u coop with someone in your squad that has equipment pack, can be very effective. Also You dont have to detonate quadrocopters on the first enemy u see. Use thermal vision and mark snipers for your team to kill them (it's a fast way to gather BP) - also free mini drone (gadget) can be used for marking.

1 hour ago, -Bl1tzTurk- said:

The best solution for this problem is to set conditions to sniping such as prone.

You wrote that the problem is that many players are not on the objectives and snipe people wha are trying to play the objectives. Imo making them prone is not solution to this perticular problem. Btw. TOR won't be a run & gun rifle, it will use bipod/prone mechanic in the future and probably very slow reload (we will move it to anti material rifle category).

I don't have any problem with making sniping hard but also rewarding. Making it hard just to be hard doesn't sound as something we want in WW3.

Another thing is that there is no weight limit atm. There will be, and some configurations with SR won't be an option. Than players with SR won't be as effective in close quaters as they are now.

Edited by Morp
  • Like 5

Again, I am very happy with the posts. Obviously the devs are trying hard to make the game balanced. That is all I want.  

I would like to see a description of how some of these "defensive" weapons work? Some tutorial perhaps? 

Edited by Kingkat54
grammar
  • Like 1

On 11/8/2018 at 3:10 AM, TZoningHard said:

"A lot"... I hardly see any one sniping like how you say.

Yes its skilled that's why I play it because its high risk high reward which keeps things interesting. Getting a single shot off then having a down time till you can fire again leaves you with little room for error along with that shot being challenging to pull off. Its not my fault that the dude at 100yards was running in a straight line begging to be shot by any one be it a bolter or a AR user, or by any one else and their grandma. The challenge is that you are at a disadvantage to every other guns as they have more forgivability and better killing potential. The pros of bolting is a potential insta kill with aim and use at all ranges.

I can shoot a running guy with a SMG at 100yards and get the kill decent amount of the time. With a assault rifle I will certainly get the kill, same with a LMG. The MCS is still capable of killing at that range as well. Running around with the AR gets repetitive with how slow and easy the other players are so I go back to bolting for a challenge.

If some one was camping they wouldn't be getting many kills and not be a bother to any other players. For the amount of tactical talk I see, I see very little thought out/tactical movement in game.

just loooooool 

On 11/16/2018 at 3:52 PM, Morp said:

We are not denying the problem, but to make sniping (which is favorite playstyle for a lot of players) frustrating is not an option. Players who don't use sniper rifles would like to render them useless, player who don't play tanks, want tanks to be nerfed, players who don't like strikes... We must balance it, so everyone have fun.

Gadgets don't use BP and if u coop with someone in your squad that has equipment pack, can be very effective. Also You dont have to detonate quadrocopters on the first enemy u see. Use thermal vision and mark snipers for your team to kill them (it's a fast way to gather BP) - also free mini drone (gadget) can be used for marking.

You wrote that the problem is that many players are not on the objectives and snipe people wha are trying to play the objectives. Imo making them prone is not solution to this perticular problem. Btw. TOR won't be a run & gun rifle, it will use bipod/prone mechanic in the future and probably very slow reload (we will move it to anti material rifle category).

I don't have any problem with making sniping hard but also rewarding. Making it hard just to be hard doesn't sound as something we want in WW3.

Another thing is that there is no weight limit atm. There will be, and some configurations with SR won't be an option. Than players with SR won't be as effective in close quaters as they are now.

if some1 stays in  the  same spot more than 1 min he should be killed by server to avoid campers with sniper 

/use multi-quote, thanks.

Edited by weedtime
doubleposting

think snipers are getting the same hate they normally do IRL here IMO,

- A Good sniper camps critical objectives and corridors between the objectives to hinder / harass enemy movement. Camping is a strategy. Its called DEFENCE/Choke Point Management Deal with it. 

- A Great sniper will make you angry. As that is a part of a snipers MO is Psychological warfare, They are meant to fuck with you and fuck with your team. They are unconventional and think outside the box, its why it feels great to be a sniper as it requires a skill above and beyond just running around like a ground grunt and getting into close quarters engagements. 

-A Legendary sniper will punish the shit out of you for running out into the open like a panicked Zoidberg. with no thought at all in movement. And will hit you from obscure angles to frustrate the hell out of you and make you feel exposed.

Snipers are a challenge to deal with in the field folks but their is plenty of ways of dealing with them and frankly i have no problems dealing with them as I being one of those said elusive marksman know how they operate. Here let me enlighten you a little how to deal with them.

1. Figure out where its coming from and put pressure on them (hint, kill-streak drones work wonders at flushing these guys out) and push at them from an obscure angle and hit them from close range, once you close the gap we certainly have problems and it is easy to deal with us (Especially once the weight system comes to pass and we have less secondary options / armor Also if you look at damage stats of the snipers... *GASPS!* they can't one hit kill you unless they headshot you at close range!

2. Smoke grenades! holy shit they do serve a wonderful purpose folks! a sniper who can't see you often can't hit you so you got a large gap to get across? close it using smoke grenades, it works great, really it does! and it makes taking objectives so much easier as you can cover your vulnerable spots easily.

3. Use drones. those tiny camera drones that fly around? guess what, no one ever shoots at them and they do a wonderful job flushing out snipers as they compromise our position and make it easy for one of your snipers to counter snipe us. 

4. If said sniper is really bad and is not camping intelligently then you should thank them as they are not supporting their team and pulling their weight, these people often have low kill counts and are not generally a threat if you traverse the map carefully.

5. Use cover, Like.. really.. the amount of people i punish for not running cover to cover is ridiculous, and a good assaulter will stay in cover allot.

4 hours ago, kaf4R said:

if some1 stays in  the  same spot more than 1 min he should be killed by server to avoid campers with sniper

No... Just... No... this isn't COD run and gun, Campers can be dealt with. EASILY by yourself. the server doesn't need to coddle you.

On 11/16/2018 at 8:10 AM, -Bl1tzTurk- said:

Yes but dont forget that these tools requires some amouth of BP. You can use a minidrone against one man, and the rest of the snipers then? Its already hard to earn BP with a team thats overpowered by the other team. At some point you are just handcuffed. No wonder why people quit the matches early when the game is unbalanced by these snipers. Keep denying the actual problem, that will make a good progression of the game ;) 

He isn't denying the problem those are legitimate counters to snipers and often just spotting and tagging them is enough to end them as your team will often shoot at a bright red thing on the map, Many times a team gets stomped as they are uncoordinated. 

On 11/16/2018 at 7:30 AM, oos78 said:

Dont forget RPG spammers. They sitting on ammo pack and spam it.

This guns are problematic in many FPS games. Best solution is limit of this guns per team, I think.

Not a bad idea, but it is rife with its own problems as how might you go about limiting weapons with a hot-join system as it is now?

• Like 1

When sniping and shotgun disease will end in FPS gaming, when...

Just entered 3 games on the losing team and all you see are people sniping. Quitted the whole game immediately. More frustration than actual fun. 

It most likely a case of git gud because there is not a issue here.

These "campers" I dont know what peoples idea of what constitutionalize a camper for some people but I see "blah blah COD run around with sniper be more tactical" then I see "blah blah sniper is camping me". Make up your mind.

What do people even mean about camping nowadays, some person defends a objective and now they are a camper. Also where can a sniper camp a objective at and be effective because all objectives have plenty of cover and ways ot move about to flank. When I think camper i think back to Halo days of some dude sitting in a corner or hallway dead end away from every one else shooting people in the back with a shoty or the rocket as they passed by. Now people start twisting the words to fit what they want to demonize.

I look at the kill feed and see barley any bolter kills. When I see a player main the bolter, I see they barely have any kills and are lower KD or breaking even on it. Some people just get killed over and over because they dont learn not because of a balance issue.

Where are these mystical camping snipers that ruin the game a few people talk about, I shit on most bolters with a AR when they are trying to shoot me from some cheeky spot.

I dont even need any special tools just bait them into shoot at me to find the location then it would be pretty obvious were it came from after that I can just out right kill them or bound upwards with cover.

They arent even a threat unless you make your self a easy target.

Were the g29 is, is where the bolters should be around. 1 shot kills to the head, 2 or more to the armor, 1 to the torso or gut outside of armor. The Tor is still like this even with the damage buff which its losing on PTE to be back at launch day damage profile. The Tor isn't even used that much now that the g29 is viable in the TORs old spot in damage. The only argument for the TOR being OP is that it can do too much to vehicles but if you lower it then it loses reason to have it so it will get a special class.

Out side of that the one thing I dislike gut shots but those are a issue for all around gun play not just one class of gun. Also I think that people should have the option to put armor on the sides and back for the same reason.

MCS isn't even a issue and is pretty balanced. Vepr isn't balanced tho but I haven't used the PTE version yet to say if the issue was fixed.

Limiting the number of RPGs wont fix the abuse at all. Only keep people who would need to switch to them to tank out a tank not be able to since some dude is running around with a RPG noobtubing instead. The problem doesn't go away it just keeps others from actually using the weapon properly.

On 11/7/2018 at 10:52 PM, Just too many said:

Hmmmm, I snipe too, if I play assault I get to much lag in close combat, unplayable. But with sniping, holding on to one spot, I survive. Thats my reason, and its funny, I never sniped in a other game, I like it ? But that spawn killing has to be stopped, one way or another, I am sure the devs will figure something out

I agree with this.  If it didn't stutter so bad in cqc I wouldn't snipe as much.

Spawn killing at the main spawn shouldn't be a issue anymore. If you are dying because you spawned at an objective that s on you for now till they get better spawn solution in game.

43 minutes ago, TZoningHard said:

Spawn killing at the main spawn shouldn't be a issue anymore. If you are dying because you spawned at an objective that s on you for now till they get better spawn solution in game.

The guy earlier in game complaining about spawn killing, spawning in the same place 10 times in a row... and dying 10 times in a row ?

After playing WW3 for a couple of weeks now I'm honestly not too sure how I feel about the spawns, I mean I think its kinda reasonable to run the risk of instant death if you spawn on a contested or unsecured objective, make people think about where they're going to spawn rather than just hammering space bar to spawn as quick as possible. VOIP/ communication would probably help a lot, text chat isn't really much good in the heat of the moment.

If I'd commented 2 weeks ago on the spawns I'd of said they were broken AF.

I saw you in that game and I gave you a "^" to that comment chat

The spawn solution isn't good or fun or a good tactical decision based part of the game right now but, out side of the main spawn and some of the mercy spawns Its their fault that they are being killed on spawn. They are spawning into a warzone and are a threat to enemy's that they spawn by so they are gonna get shot.

Its for convenience right now I hope they do find a better solution which seem likely with what I see with the changes to the warsaw map giving some concealment to spawn locations.

I would hope for a spawn room idea like in planetside 2 were each point gives a location to spawn near a point that safe but has a way to fight to the point or alternative safe routes to a flank so you can get camped in side the room/area.

@VoodooGaming

Edited by TZoningHard

What I really don't like in this game is how easily you get kill by a camper sniping 200 m away, no matter if you're playing light or heavy you die with a single shot from the 3 sniper rifles available in this game

The problem in my eyes is
to optimize someone according to his rules and wishes to play
Example: I'm in the tank kill All the sniper and the whining why I'm camping in the tank !?
Sniper does not want to be disturbed. he does not want to take an RPG and destroy Tank
but he guesses that I leave my tank and I serve as a target
for example: I defend a knot point or a flag: first cry for the dead camper !!!!!!
Should I simply attack 10 opponents like Rambo? or tackle slowly

Everyone wants to be players have easier goals to kill easily
Every loser in a game has a second secret weapon game chat: hacker, camper noob etc.
if he did not manage with weapon, he tries with the munt (ähhm keyboard)

Please do not try to reshape an opponent,please do not try opponents to play according to their desire

be creative and adapt to game and situation,I would also like to put myself and all opponents are in front of me

Everyone has their favorite class,At the moment class, optimization and some adjustments are needed

I trust DEV team and will wait what they do

greetings from Switzerland

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198085950886/groups/

www.virtualbornkillers.de

• Thanks 1

The snipers work as I prefer, it is simply some of the users who seem to do some underhanded stuff.

I don't want a sniper limit, because I'd never get a sniper. It's a weapon just like any other to me, just for longer ranges.

1. Sniper rifle sway should be about 2x stronger than it currently is while standing, and non-existent while prone with a bi-pod.
  2. ADS on sniper rifles should take another second or half second than it currently does.

Done!

• Like 2

defiantly not, the sway is appropriate to being realistic right now and considering the distances you shoot in the game it is appropriate as is.

ADS doesn't change between a bolter action rifle and a AR. just unrealistic LARP skill nerf.

I would disagree a bit. Well I do not now which amount of scope sway is realisitic as I never even did hold a real rifle in my own hands but certainly one would expect more scope sway the heavier a weapon is and the more front heavy a rifle is. Alas in standing position. So I would go with grey wolf here. A more pronounced scope sway depending on the weapon used or the weapon's weight could be a mean of balancing (OT: this would then also be true for the MGs. Due to their heavy weight the recoil per shot would not be that high but the scope sway when shot standing could make it hard to land precise shots - for example).

As for the ADS speed I agree with Tzoning. It should depend more on the scope not so much on the gun.

You sway less with heavier weapons as it takes more force from your bodies movements to move the weapon just as Newtons theory equal and opposite reactions.

This is the reason competition shooters use heavy weapons as the force needed to move the heavier object from their body and wind will have to increase to achieve the same affect as it would on a lighter object.