Sign in to follow this  
Uglylittlebush

what happens when there is a wipe

hey was just curious what the developers plan is to implement wipes. i know that they have already said a couple times that there will eventually be a few wipes during the development but to what degree. are these wipes going to remove all progression(rank/weapons/money/whatever the gold thing is) or are they just going to remove weapon unlocks. 

if the above options are the case i have a suggestion as playing hours and hours into a game only to have everything removed is extremely frustrating. what if when there is a wipe it refunds all the money you have spent and the money you currently have but then only transfers a certain percentage of that lump sum, maybe 10-20% that way you still have a reward for playing hours into the game and when you get on after a wipe you carry on a little of your progress. i also dont think you should wipe ranks, unless the xp rank system is directly tied into the cash system saving it through a wipe makes sense to me.

let me know what yall think, any devs if you want to chime in on yalls ideas that would be awesome, cheers.

Edited by Uglylittlebush

wipe means wipe (to me)

Don't care if i loose all, i actually want to start fresh. Part of the fun is progression on its own.

• Like 2

Complete wipe is needed 100% before actual release.

And it would be great to receive some unique piece of whatever (unique tank or weapon painting, or unique camo) for each wipe that will happen. Of course if you have achieved something before that wipe.

That just feels satisfying when you are rewarded for being in the game from very beginning 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, CapybaraPaul said:

Complete wipe is needed 100% before actual release.

And it would be great to receive some unique piece of whatever (unique tank or weapon painting, or unique camo) for each wipe that will happen. Of course if you have achieved something before that wipe.

That just feels satisfying when you are rewarded for being in the game from very beginning 

?️‍??️‍??️‍?Rainbow skins for all of your weapons, clothing, and killstreak rewards to support gay pride. ?️‍??️‍??️‍?

...On second though, no.  I like your idea though, what rewards come to your mind?

17 minutes ago, Grey Wolf Jack said:

?️‍??️‍??️‍?Rainbow skins for all of your weapons, clothing, and killstreak rewards to support gay pride. ?️‍??️‍??️‍?

...On second though, no.  I like your idea though, what rewards come to your mind?

Kryptek camo patterns. They look AWESOME! I would like to play with Kryptek Inferno!
https://kryptek.com/kryptek-camo-patterns

Or some others non-military good-looking camos.

Or camo with the unique effect? Like camo which is cannot be seen in IR and Thermals? 
Some non-military vests and helmets? Or just national costumes? Imagine a soldier in the traditional country outfit on the middle of a warzone?
My little pony sticker on the tank. Or just some funny stuff.  
Maybe some WW1| WW2 unique weapons? M1 Garand, MG42 and so on so on.

Tons of ideas, for sure!

On 11/9/2018 at 12:51 PM, Grey Wolf Jack said:

Oh, And water gun! Or nerf gun!
That would be JUST AWESOME!

We can actually wipe different parts of your account separately. Your rank and wallet are connected, so those wipe together, your customization is another part, unlocks are another. We will be trying to avoid wipes at all cost, but that's not possible. If we do wipe, we plan on giving everyone some cash to unlock stuff back and maybe just double the xp gained for some time. After the game goes to 1.0 (so after Early Access), we're not planning on any wipes anymore.