Gemini899

BIG PLAYER BASE DROP - EA it's killing WW3!

I open this thread with the hope of being able to communicate with the developers and to bring the community together for the current situation.

The game is dying already in the first 30 days. the basic player fell from the usual peaks of 5000 / 1,500 to just 1,500 / 500. this means that as you go forward it will continue to decline to reach the point of the release of the access that "if this will ever happen" that to play there will remain only me and another 100 players and this thing really makes me a deep sadness. The reason that all this is happening and clearly this damn Early Access when a game comes out in EA people do not realize that they are playing an unfinished product and then find themselves having a bad game experience full of bugs, frame rate low, balancing armor weapons and sniper done badly, lag server, few maps and few content make pp abandoning the game in a week and remaining of a BAD idea !.

in any case I'm not here to blame you for something but surely it would have been much more opportune to release the game in a BETA phase in February, where the game would have been much more playable and enjoyable now, but obviously the best launch period and always between October and November so you have opted to risk and release a clearly unfinished and almost unplayable product to seize the opportunity is not so that it works.

NOW what I expect will be an avalanche of bug fixes and maximum game balance at the end of January for try to attract as many pp as possible. otherwise all people will continue to stay with a bad idea that the game does not deserve. this and all I'm sorry to say these things but and how the facts really are.

summary of everything (Early Access and a total failure).

Immagine.png

• Haha 3
  • Angry 6

Cool story, bro.

Its not like the Devs dont see this and arent already working expediently.

Expect balance fixes before December.

They weren't judging their success on early access as early access is just a path to a full release. They just had more hype then they expected hence the 100k and which only 10k tried to log in.

How much game development do you know and how many games like this gave you been apart of. People come and go wit h the tide and game updates. A lot are waiting for progression to be turned on and There is a huge patch this later this month that will bring people in and a smaller patch this week, possibly shit loads of people because of recon.

You are not a expert, dont give absolutes like you know what is happening and going on.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

The biggest error and fault of Farm 51  was to deliver the product only to stupid streamers/youtuber and people who doesen't give a F***. 

The random keys deliver was a totale disaster ( i know people who received 3, yes THREE Keys and never played or bought the game later).

I told it since was created the discord channel that Farm51 must gave those keys to serious people who could help make the game better and bigger BEFORE the EA. Most of todays bugs could be eliminated on time etc...  

Like i wrote yesterday, strictly, Farm51 should have listened to community and work less with PR's

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I don't find anything surprising here considering the amount of content the game has right now as well as the server situation and the progression being temporarily offline. It's perfectly understandable that people will loose interest with what we have now, and that is a foundation for the game we want WWIII to be.

We are aware of the player numbers and big patches are already in the works to give you guys new content as well as important fixes. Still, a drop like this is expected, what's important is keeping the core player base and adding to the game in such a way that they get back every major update little by little, until we release the game with a healthy player base from the go. In fact there's a ton of players (and YouTubers suggesting this) that want to wait and see what happens once the dust settles before purchasing the game, and we're aiming to please them in the coming weeks and months.

The plan was always to go down the Rainbow Six Siege route instead of being another one-week hit with everyone forgetting the game exists the moment a new title releases. So don't panic, we're commited to finishing WWIII and attracting the players through iteration and hard work instead of a day 1 spike.

Oh, and lastly: The game already left the stratosphere in terms of sales compared to what was planned and expected, and that was within hours of release instead of months that were planned beforehand, so it's already a huge success for us and we have a chance to comfortably grow from where we are now.

Edited by Borreh
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 5

I follow almost every post, sadly the ones starting with bullshit like "game is dying" are 10 thousand time harder to read.

I bet i will read those kind of useless drama for a long time, cause this game will last far more than those entitled analysts think.

• Like 4

Just posting to say OP doesn't speak for all the player base and fans.

If your only here to criticize without providing feedback, Go find another game as this isn't the one for you.

Farm51 have delivered a beautiful thing in WW3, its new but old, fresh but familiar.

It's going to take time to work out issues (OCE servers not connecting OCE players and leaving us on AS servers with higher ping) and various other small bugs (clipping and falling threw the map) but with the community's support and input I believe F51 can deliver on the goals they have.

Take a look at the first patch notes and tell me that's not some of the best first patch notes you've seen, We've already got QoL changes (teammates names staying visible always) and balancing changes incoming also.

The hardcore playbase is and will continue to be established, its the ones who have jumped from game to game, Unable to find something that fills the void left by modern shooters of the previous era.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The main issue is that lots of player don't understand what early access games are and haven't played much of them. I think that it is normal at early stage of the EA having player drops.

These last years, i've played games like Squad, Escape from tarkov and hell let loose. I always noticed that player base will drop, then increase, so on and forth. This can be explained by the fact that when an patch is available, players will jump in again to test it, then will slowly drop as they will be waiting for the next patch that would bring more corrections and features.

Same happened with squad for example, lots of players was waiting for new factions and vehicules to be added, once it was done, the player base increased.

you can see here, drops of player and increase of players mainly due to when patch was released.

Squad is working on huge patch V12 that i'm sure will bring back again the player that left.

image.png.0dd8c909d13b03e34c73ce66d1bf930a.png

Edited by CMBelite-FR
  • Like 2

I played squad pre steam alpha. We had 3 servers one was always full. Haf tons of fun. So who needs so much players? Company yes, but i am happy with a few

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Garack said:

I played squad pre steam alpha. We had 3 servers one was always full. Haf tons of fun. So who needs so much players? Company yes, but i am happy with a few

anyway, this is a test and development version, so there's no need of thousands of players for now

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Borreh said:

I don't find anything surprising here considering the amount of content the game has right now as well as the server situation and the progression being temporarily offline. It's perfectly understandable that people will loose interest with what we have now, and that is a foundation for the game we want WWIII to be.

We are aware of the player numbers and big patches are already in the works to give you guys new content as well as important fixes. Still, a drop like this is expected, what's important is keeping the core player base and adding to the game in such a way that they get back every major update little by little, until we release the game with a healthy player base from the go. In fact there's a ton of players (and YouTubers suggesting this) that want to wait and see what happens once the dust settles before purchasing the game, and we're aiming to please them in the coming weeks and months.

The plan was always to go down the Rainbow Six Siege route instead of being another one-week hit with everyone forgetting the game exists the moment a new title releases. So don't panic, we're commited to finishing WWIII and attracting the players through iteration and hard work instead of a day 1 spike.

Oh, and lastly: The game already left the stratosphere in terms of sales compared to what was planned and expected, and that was within hours of release instead of months that were planned beforehand, so it's already a huge success for us and we have a chance to comfortably grow from where we are now.

That last paragraph. That’s exactly why you are taking all of the criticism about the game’s bugs, issues, and overall lack of direction so passively. Because you already made your money. As far as you’re concerned, mission accomplished. Thank you for being so transparent. At least about this. 

Oh and lmao at comparing yourself to Rainbow Six. Cmon bruh. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Yes they made the moneY and thats good cause now they have resources.

and of course they are a company so they want more money from this game. Means..support patches and development!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Garack said:

Yes they made the moneY and thats good cause now they have resources.

and of course they are a company so they want more money from this game. Means..support patches and development!

Yes, and companies should make money. In fact, companies should make as much money as they can while providing a service or product.

What is your point here? Where did I say anything to the contrary?

• Like 1

Unfortunately people either don't know how to read or prefer to twist the words to fit their narrative, so let me try to explain to you what the dev said.

The fact that they already surpassed their goals in terms of sales means that they have the resources (financially) to be stable and focus heavier on improving the game rather than having to focus on selling it.

He is not comparing WW3 to R6 Siege as a game, he's saying thats what they aim for in terms of business/game development plan.

Edited by wukx
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Borreh said:

Very true, if the player count is falling doesn't matter, I would expect it to fall, but when it's more stable without many bugs, and hopefully not many cheaters, people will come back. Just see how battlefield 4 was when it was released, full of bugs and super unstable, but even this day today it's still far from being dead, still many online players.

1 hour ago, wukx said:

Unfortunately people either don't know how to read or prefer to twist the words to fit their narrative, so let me try to explain to you what the dev said.

The fact that they already surpassed their goals in terms of sales means that they have the resources (financially) to be stable and focus heavier on improving the game rather than having to focus on selling it.

He is not comparing WW3 to R6 Siege as a game, he's saying thats what they aim for in terms of business/game development plan.

Thank you for so condescendingly telling me that I am either an illiterate, or that I am purposefully misusing a strawman argument.

May I be so kind as to return the favor by saying that unfortunately people prefer to live in their hugbox world, rather than see a misdirected game (bugs aside, Im talking about fundamental game structure) for what it is.

On your topic of funding resources - early access is NOT kickstarter. Yes, EA should be used to fix unforeseen game bugs. But EA should not be used to fund a game while it is still trying to figure out what its main objectives are. So you telling me that the dev's comment "this game is already a huge success" is ok from a funding point of view just tells me that you have no idea what EA is meant for.

If you need more clarification, I'd be happy to draw you a diagram.

• Angry 1

16 minutes ago, r_a_d_i_s_h said:

Thank you for so condescendingly telling me that I am either an illiterate, or that I am purposefully creating a strawman argument.

It's pretty obvious that it could be either, maybe a little bit of both, considering that you were somehow able to interpret

8 hours ago, Borreh said:

The plan was always to go down the Rainbow Six Siege route

into

2 hours ago, r_a_d_i_s_h said:

Oh and lmao at comparing yourself to Rainbow Six.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brady_The said:

It's pretty obvious that it could be either, maybe a little bit of both, considering that you were somehow able to interpret

into

Your use of multi-colored bold text has shown me the error of my ways.

It has clearly become futile to criticize the game in this forum - the only people left in here are the fanboys that would rather blindly chant along than to see flaws which will kill an otherwise fun game be fixed.

I honestly hope I'm wrong. I honestly hope that the glaring problems with this game's fundamental design are fixed in time, before the game goes the way of Islands Of Nyne. It would be a shame to waste the awesome gunplay it has.

Edited by r_a_d_i_s_h

6 minutes ago, r_a_d_i_s_h said:

It has clearly become futile to criticize the game in this forum - the only people left in here are the fanboys that would rather blindly chant along than to see flaws which will kill an otherwise fun game be fixed.

I am all for criticism, if it is constructive. Purposely misinterpreting a comment and implying that the developers are just in for a quick cash grab doesn't fit that description in my humble opinion. The game has been released 19 days ago, I personally find this a little too early to accuse the development team of anything.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Brady_The said:

I am all for criticism, if it is constructive. Purposely misinterpreting a comment and implying that the developers are just in for a quick cash grab doesn't fit that description in my humble opinion. The game has been released 19 days ago, I personally find this a little too early to accuse the development team of anything.

Honestly man, I'm over it.

Like I said in my post (which you conveniently left out of your quote reply btw), I honestly hope I'm wrong about the game. I hope it succeeds.

42 minutes ago, r_a_d_i_s_h said:

Honestly man, I'm over it.

Like I said in my post (which you conveniently left out of your quote reply btw), I honestly hope I'm wrong about the game. I hope it succeeds.

Islands Of Nyne was a scam from the start, First was a Kickstarter, Then steam greenlight for early access, If those money grabbing tactics didn't scare you off the overwhelmingly negative reviews on steam should of.

WW3 shouldnt be held to the same light as something that kickstarted and still needed more money after so ”hey lets just early access this thing”.

I get being skeptical about new IP from unknown developers, But let's take a look at WW3 compared to any number of cut and paste games that are clear money grabs (Romeros Aftermath anyone?) 

The issues facing WW3 are basic simple issues most games face at launch.

It's not like we've got a problem with the handcrafted engine they spent years building only to have the limitations only discovered after launch (The division anyone?)

I got faith in Farm51, They wouldn't have come out swinging at BFV if they didn't think they could go the full nine rounds 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, WatchdogEM said:

Islands Of Nyne was a scam from the start, First was a Kickstarter, Then steam greenlight for early access, If those money grabbing tactics didn't scare you off the overwhelmingly negative reviews on steam should of.

WW3 shouldnt be held to the same light as something that kickstarted and still needed more money after so ”hey lets just early access this thing”.

I get being skeptical about new IP from unknown developers, But let's take a look at WW3 compared to any number of cut and paste games that are clear money grabs (Romeros Aftermath anyone?) 

The issues facing WW3 are basic simple issues most games face at launch.

It's not like we've got a problem with the handcrafted engine they spent years building only to have the limitations only discovered after launch (The division anyone?)

I got faith in Farm51, They wouldn't have come out swinging at BFV if they didn't think they could go the full nine rounds 

See, thank you. That’s a clear and logical discussion post. I appreciate it. 

I did not mean to insinuate that the dev team were charlatans stealing our money. If that is how my post(s) came off, I apologize for the misconception. 

My take was simply that EA is not the same thing as a kickstarted (something you echo in your post as well). 

The game is fun! I’m playing it right now, and have 77 hrs in it so far. That’s why I’m as critical as I am - because I give a crap about it! 

If I didn’t care about the success of this game, I wouldn’t waste my time posting here just to get flamed for not having the same opinion as everyone else. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brady_The said:

Exactly this. The game hasn't even been out for 3 weeks and its far too early to call it anything yet. 

The problem here is that there is a huge swathe of fucking salty people who constantly want to bitch and whine because things didn't happen yesterday, or the release wasn't as smooth as they'd have liked, or they expected more from an EA release and often they're far too eager to attack and misinterpret what people have to say or twist it to suit their narrative. And anyone who disagrees with them is a fanboy. lol. 

Constructive criticism is a great thing. But criticism and twisting words for the sake of being salty is just bitter and shitty and quite a common trait amongst many self entitled little brats out there. i.e the multitude of negative, whiny reviews. People need to chill the fuck out and have patience; its an early access game barely 3 weeks into its release and given time it will become something fantastic. More so than it already is. 

If there is one thing to take from this; its just a fucking game. Chill your tits. 

Edited by N4choLibre
  • Like 1

One thing everyone seems to forget is that negativity and negative sentiment tends to echo louder then the praise and positivity.

I was told this when researching used cars, People with issues will always post online in forums about them, But you won’t get people who have zero issues posting positive stories online. 

I think 6+ months this game will be placed perfectly to disrupt the gaming cycle, We’ve got an amazing base game with features we havnt even touched on yet (the team supplies and other menu options that currently don’t function).

Once these and things like the progression system come in which will give players more incentive to continue playing where currently unless you love the game and can accept its flaws and just want a good shooter there’s little point to playing it.

Im one of those who love it, Nothing since BF2 has felt this good, Hell I used to play BF Play for Free because there’s been a gap since BF3 that finally looks to be filled.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2018 at 10:34 AM, Borreh said:

To be honest, nope, none of these reasons made me drop this game. The only reason why I'm not turning on this game past the first week is, that it performs like crap. Yup yup I hear ya, its EA, fully understand, didn't come to bitch here about it, just came to explain whats going on from my perspective. I got 2 PCs, i7 6700 w GTX 1080 and i7 7700 w GTX 1070. Both PCs, without any regard to the settings I run on them, frequently drop from 80-90 fps to 40-50 or even as low as 30. What bothers me the most is, that its happening very frequently while I start to shoot and the flash on the barrel of the gun gets drawn by the GPU, making it nearly impossible to control the recoil properly. This is the point where any content or the server situation becomes irrelevant since the most basic feature of the game, shooting, is F-ed up beyond belief. All of my friends (except one) dropped this game for the very same reason so far and only one keeps playing it, on a prehistoric i5 paired with a GTX 770 - weird, but hes getting the smoothest gameplay on the lowest possible settings without any stutter out of it :D

I'm afraid that by the time the performance gets polished there won't be any community which is going to expand, only decline ... Its great that the devs say that the launch exceeded their expectations and they got their pockets filled for months to come, but this is saying one more thing - they haven't made accurate projections and haven't prepared well for what was to come - such a shame, this game had great potential built on a awesome concept but it seems that its all going to waste :/

Edited by KuBr0