Gemini899

BIG PLAYER BASE DROP - EA it's killing WW3!

1 hour ago, Úlfhéðnar said:

If u are at this can u take a look at the particles I feel something isnt right there. Made a thread about this always had FPS drops when looking at particles like fire dirt etc. Maybe thats a case for some ppl experiencing large FPS drops

We looked at them today and didn't find anything wrong with muzzle particles, we're still gonna' re-do them entirely (current ones aren't satisfactory) and we'll keep the performance in mind as the first priority. Still, we'll look into this particle/effect drop issue because something's fishy going on and we need to figure out what.

So if anyone has any FPS drop videos when they're firing send them to me and we'll look at them, maybe it's situation or map specific, we'll see.

And the player base is split even further by dividing the game between a main and a "test" branch. So I guess early access was not for testing and just so make some quick money eh?

• Like 1
  • Angry 4

DayZ entered Beta yesterday or something, 5 YEARS AFTER EA RELEASE.

Sit down, Calm down, And good things will come in time.

• Thanks 1

lol how would it be a cash grab. They would of hyped the shit out of it for that.

Calling it a cash grab because they spent more work and time on making a test so the patches dont have unforeseen breakage (its not unforeseen because every patch breaks when it goes live). They learned from their launch mistake and are doing more thorough testing beforehand.

8 hours ago, Borreh said:

We looked at them today and didn't find anything wrong with muzzle particles, we're still gonna' re-do them entirely (current ones aren't satisfactory) and we'll keep the performance in mind as the first priority. Still, we'll look into this particle/effect drop issue because something's fishy going on and we need to figure out what.

So if anyone has any FPS drop videos when they're firing send them to me and we'll look at them, maybe it's situation or map specific, we'll see.

I will defenitly pm u with more details later currently on mobile 

16 hours ago, Úlfhéðnar said:

If u are at this can u take a look at the particles I feel something isnt right there. Made a thread about this always had FPS drops when looking at particles like fire dirt etc. Maybe thats a case for some ppl experiencing large FPS drops

We're re-doing the particles, the new ones will be multiple times less performance-heavy. Check out the large patch once it goes to PTE, you should see a major improvement.

5 minutes ago, Borreh said:

We're re-doing the particles, the new ones will be multiple times less performance-heavy. Check out the large patch once it goes to PTE, you should see a major improvement.

Good to hear thanks for the info

12 hours ago, WatchdogEM said:

DayZ entered Beta yesterday or something, 5 YEARS AFTER EA RELEASE.

Sit down, Calm down, And good things will come in time.

Lol i currently read all these discussions and firstly thougt about Day Z ? ... best example...