MidLune

FPS SHOOTER OR IS THIS FPS REALISTIC SHOOTER?

The game is good. Plenty of time to make great. But from topics discussed. I don't know why we are discussing them. Am I the only one?

The store page says nothing about this being a realistic shooter from what I've seen so far. On the other hand if this is a better spin off of battlefield (which I feel it is) Then just need to talk fixes and ideas based in imaginary land or what developers are essentially trying to achieve. <- This is because no where when browsing the game does it say realistic shooter. Just built in tandem w Military R&D.

Also I would like this game a LOT more if it was a realistic fast paced shooter. Like squad, tarkov, Arma and battlefield had babies and those babies had babies. And this is the hybrid progeny that has been dawned at the new age of FPS.

That being said VEPR12 BROKEN. Please fix.

Its a bit of both it seems. I just use the railgun aka vepr  for now since its retardedly op and fun.

1 hour ago, AllTheGearNoIdea said:

The VEPR is fine it's armour that is broken!

Why do you say that? Armor seems to work fine for me. Or are you saying armor can't stop the VEPR12?

16 minutes ago, ZeuZ said:

Its a bit of both it seems. I just use the railgun aka vepr  for now since its retardedly op and fun.

I get that. But I've spawned in building too. Sure it would be fun to shoot every enemy I saw but I Re-Spawned. Tarkov i knew places I could take advantage of and never did either. Guess that's my problem though. 

I like a bit of realism and fun when it comes to shooters.  BF3/BF4 were a good mix of boh, not too real and not too arcady (dumb kill streaks and martydumb perks). Was joking about the vepr, its a retardedly broken gun and should be dealt with asap as it would give a bad look to new players trying the game.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MidLune said:

Why do you say that? Armor seems to work fine for me. Or are you saying armor can't stop the VEPR12?

I was totally joking and echo what ZeuZ said; it is broken. But I echo him again and say I have been having so much fun with it. I outsniped a sniper not 20 minutes ago who was camping our spawn. It felt great. He must have been raging. I love the Vepr and (probably after this next patch) will mourn it when the fun is gone (but I'm praying they leave it alone; bad impression for new players notwithstanding).

• Like 1

On 11/8/2018 at 4:43 AM, MidLune said:

The store page says nothing about this being a realistic shooter from what I've seen so far.

Also I would like this game a LOT more if it was a realistic fast paced shooter. Like squad, tarkov, Arma and battlefield had babies and those babies had babies. And this is the hybrid progeny that has been dawned at the new age of FPS.

i agree with your 2nd statement.,

as for your first point. It is heavily alluded to in the steam store.

Bolded and colored to help you see where.

ABOUT THIS GAME

World War 3 is a multiplayer military FPS set in a modern, global conflict. Strong teamplay, national armed forces, real locations, full body awareness and a versatile customization system all contribute to the authenticity of the modern combat experience enhanced by other essential elements such as a robust ballistic system, advanced armors and life-like weapons. Produced in cooperation with military R&D centers and consultants, World War 3 shows the consequences of every battle in the context of a global war campaign on a strategic war map.

KEY FEATURES:

Modern Battlefield Experience
World War 3 presents a modern conflict with tactics, techniques and procedures inspired by true combat engagements. All of this packed into two exciting game modes. Warzone offers opportunities for dynamic, intense firefights in teamwork-focused battles of infantry and armored units over fortified points. The tactically-oriented Recon allows players to cooperate within small reconnaissance squads left on their own to survive and capture high-value targets in hostile territory. Together these modes create a coherent gameplay experience aimed at presenting the actual feel of modern warfare.

Real Life Locations
We are proud to give you one of the most realistic levels in the history of FPS. Join the battle on the streets of Warsaw, Berlin and Moscow. Take advantage of the urban environment to surprise enemy forces and dominate the battlefield.

Versatile Customization
Find your own unique combat set fitted to your needs and style without being bound by classes or roles. Choose from hundreds of combinations of unique weapon parts, attachments, skins, camos and paints. Same rules apply to vehicles, tactical gear and uniforms. If it’s possible in real life, it’s possible in World War 3 - simple as that!

National Pride
World War 3 is heavily grounded in military realism, offering accurate depictions of weapons, uniforms and equipment of national armed forces. All of it to inspire you to make the war effort personal and prove that your country is the dominant force on the battlefield. All maps are based on real-life locations such as the streets of Warsaw, Berlin and Moscow (more locations planned) recreated with an unprecedented attention to detail.

Strong Teamplay
World War 3 supports team-based gameplay rewarding the initiative in playing as a part of a squad. Responsible cooperation within a squad is the best recipe for combat effectiveness. Players can choose between assuming the role of an Attacker or a Defender, and use any gear available to support their playstyle – what matters is the victory.

Armor vs Projectile
The most authentic bullet vs. armor system in the FPS genre to date, achieved through years of research and development with military professionals. Ballistics, a weight system, full body awareness, vehicle physics, and an extensive customization system all affect the gameplay in a meaningful way.

Strategic War Map
To show consequences of every battle, player performance is rewarded with resources used to conquer or defend a territory. Gain additional bonuses via the metagame and turn the tide of war! Every destroyed vehicle, every kill, every bullet fired, every achievement affects the big picture presented on a constantly evolving, interactive war map eventually covering the entire planet.

Community Driven Development
World War 3 is being developed by competitive gamers who grew up playing FPS games. As an indie studio we strongly believe that community input is crucial in creating enjoyable and memorable games. We want to invite all of you to take part in the common effort of making World War 3 the game you always wanted to play!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, twisted said:

i agree with your 2nd statement.,

as for your first point. It is heavily alluded to in the steam store.

Bolded and colored to help you see where.

Most of the points have nothing to do what people are talking about. Examples ----> Stratics war map, Realistic Locations, Versatile customization, National Pride, Strong team play, 

Other than "Modern Battle Experience"  and "Armor vs Progectile"  and those have little relevance to issues mentioned. The realism of the patterns and tactics. United States only. Only can assume other countries are the same.. ( But that might make an ASS out of U and ME = ASS U ME.)  Like the camo is "realistic" even though modern camo is Classified modern vest technology classified. (Hell these two are even shared between branches in United States LoL       Then! Modern tactics are classified. ( That being said, if you want to Define the game as "modern" as in present day that's cool. Obviously not talking about Modern Era just wanted it said for confusion for those reading.) 

coherent gameplay experience aimed at presenting the actual feel of modern warfare. 

This is the only thing I can't really play devils advocate with.

This is the issue though w/ everyone throwing up arms about it. When FIRST looking at game no where says Military Sim or realistic FPS. Go to buy the game among all the other FPS games in the list of games. It shows groups by the game. I.E. early access, FPS, Multiplayer, War, Military... If this is the case its early and not implemented yet. But thanks! I guess I see the argument better. Thanks for "crayon-ing" it for me. HAHAHA 

What they need is a Public Relations person(s) to clear these things up. Or have lead Development spear head this so these forums wouldn't be necessary. Everyone is able to message the staff from DEVELOPMENT to Administrators FYI Check the staff page. Very helpful people and quick to respond. RAGIR he's ADMIN and recently posted on newest patch. LOLOLOL and looking at the page he "WON" the day for most liked content. hahaha 

Edited by MidLune