Virgil

Patch and future content information

So the lead designer was interviewed today by Polish stock portal and few information

- big patch isn't coming this week as it isn't ready - ETA - another week - about 20th of November 

- patch will introduce new deathmatch mode on smaller map/maps and new optimization 

- new language versions coming up - 9 in total (Polish, German, French, Russian) 

- better communication between players - voicechat 

- new map everymonth - they have 2 big new maps already done (one is forest-like)

- Roadmap will be shown around 20th of November and players will contribute what should be introduced first etc 

I get all of this, but there is still no patch and patch won't come this week.  

• Like 2

They already said that 2 patches were coming in november, the first one mostly with bugfixes (0.1.1) this week and an other one, bigger with new content (game mode, weapons etc) and the end of the month.

The map thing is a great news !

1 minute ago, Schlagerfreund said:

Source?

It is info from live interview I guess it will uploaded later on.

2 minutes ago, MarcR said:

Recon mode ?

Recon is still coming along with new map - after big patch. 

Check out the public test forum on the bottom of the main forums tab - The "small" patch is already live for a Public Test Environment, you need to manually select the correct branch to install it.

15 minutes ago, Borreh said:

Check out the public test forum on the bottom of the main forums tab - The "small" patch is already live for a Public Test Environment, you need to manually select the correct branch to install it.

If I understand this correctly, the 0.1.1 Patch is only for PTE right now, correct? If I am correct, was this always the plan? My understanding was that the 0.1.1 Patch would be available to everyone. I could have missed that part though.

We decided to go with roughly half-to-one week PTE's a few weeks back to make sure we won't push anything broken into the live builds. Maybe we didn't communicate it properly. If the patch will be functional over the weekend it will go live early next week.

• Like 1

Just now, Borreh said:

We decided to go with roughly half-to-one week PTE's a few weeks back to make sure we won't push anything broken into the live builds. Maybe we didn't communicate it properly. If the patch will be functional over the weekend it will go live early next week.

Makes sense. Thanks.

And no worries, I could have just as easily missed that part on my end.

I can't enter any  game on PTE, it always brings me back to the main menu. I tried it >20 times. Game files are checked and correct.

Loading times seem to be much faster.

• Like 1

Did you select Play Region or Play WW3? Choose the second ("Play WW3") option.

Edited by Borreh

@Borreh I understand the steps listed in the how-to for the PTE, and this might be a stupid question, but what exactly am I doing when I add the key and opt into the beta? Am I installing a different (PTE) version of the game, the same way games like R6 have a totally separate Test Server version? Or am I making my existing WW3 game into a Test Server? Or am I able to choose to play on either Test or Live server?

Sorry if dumb question, Ive never used the beta option in Steam before and I have no idea how it works.

19 minutes ago, Borreh said:

Did you select Play Region or Play WW3? Choose the second ("Play WW3") option.

I selected EU. Now I started the game through steam server browser and my progress/soldier was reset and I managed to enter a game.
Different topic, but I couldn't find an answer so far:
What is the server tick rate for this game?

You select a beta version of the game which downloads a separate patch that puts you into beta games with beta changes. You can at any time select to go back to the release branch, download changed files and go back to the public version.

3 minutes ago, Borreh said:

You select a beta version of the game which downloads a separate patch that puts you into beta games with beta changes. You can at any time select to go back to the release branch, download changed files and go back to the public version.

Ok, gotcha. Thanks!

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Borreh said:

Sry if I'm being dumb, but this means I can't play both versions "at the same time", right?

I can't simply "opt out" of beta (in the pull down menu) and play the "normal" version right away, right? 

If I want to change versions, I will have to re.download the corresponding version/patch, right?

I'm asking this, because, according to the post, there will be limited slots for the patched/beta version. So, if I can't play in this beta version I will have to redownload/"unpatch" the normal version.

(not complaining, just want to make sure I'm understanding it right)

Yeah you have to redownload. Others games make a seperate test game branch. This not. 

Virgil you misunderstood part with maps. He didnt mean "maps every month" but "new language every month starting with polish" :) But its true they have already 2 new maps being done and ready to roll. One of them is Smolensk and the other one more West-oriented, probably Gibraltar. But its not confirmed. They are coming this year.