Sign in to follow this  
Harshilizer

so no patch this week?

So you decided to split what community we have left into two ? PTE and normal servers and now i read no patch for normal servers , Instead of splitting what player base is left why not just call the normal server PTE as we are in EA anyway. Who is flying the ww3 spirit ship and can they not see the mountain in front of us ?

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Harshilizer said:

So you decided to split what community we have left into two ? PTE and normal servers and now i read no patch for normal servers , Instead of splitting what player base is left why not just call the normal server PTE as we are in EA anyway. Who is flying the ww3 spirit ship and can they not see the mountain in front of us ?

And what happens if a bug is found that prevents everyone from playing? How many bitchy and whiny threads will be started then? 

A test version and the current stable version makes sense to avoid upsetting the multitude of crybabies that will whine if something prevents them from playing. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, N4choLibre said:

And what happens if a bug is found that prevents everyone from playing? How many bitchy and whiny threads will be started then? 

A test version and the current stable version makes sense to avoid upsetting the multitude of crybabies that will whine if something prevents them from playing. 

i agree it makes sense IF you have the player base , now all you are doing is making it harder to find games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harshilizer said:

i agree it makes sense IF you have the player base , now all you are doing is making it harder to find games.

So you'd rather have them rush a release which could render the game unplayable for everyone... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Harshilizer said:

Gamedev is not that simple and straightforward as you can imagine.
There are a lot of hidden and unexpected problems that could grow from anywhere.
It is pretty good practice to test big releases before actual releasing.
Try to think as devs. Try to analyze each decision. You think they launched PTE just for fun? Or because they want to split the community?
You think the team that develops, markets, supports the game can't foresee such obvious problems as prolonging came search because of 2 servers?
Every decision has a solid background and serious reasons. Try to think about it, next time when you will think you know better how the game should be developed and given to the community.

If this text looks a bit aggressive - sorry, not meant that;)
Have a good day!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, CapybaraPaul said:

There are a lot of hidden and unexpected problems that could grow from anywhere.
Try to think as devs. Try to analyze each decision. You think they launched PTE just for fun? Or because they want to split the community?
You think the team that develops, markets, supports the game can't foresee such obvious problems as prolonging came search because of 2 servers?
Every decision has a solid background and serious reasons. Try to think about it, next time when you will think you know better how the game should be developed and given to the community.

Have a good day!

Spot on. There were so many people bitching because the launch flopped, and my understanding is that part of that was because the servers hadn't experienced that sort of load or been tested to deal with that sort of load. So the devs are being quite clever here; they seem to want to try keep the experience as stable as possible for everyone, whilst letting them play on newer test versions, whilst being able to fall back to the existing version if something goes wrong, which basically maximises resilience. Its a great compromise. However there's always someone who isn't happy... 

Edited by N4choLibre

1 minute ago, CapybaraPaul said:

Have a good day!

you I like u.... u have brain.

2 hours ago, Harshilizer said:

ok let me show u very simple why they should never rush smth.

So u have written ur new code yes. U think its completly correct (most likely isnt) the u publish it, but u make a small mistake like not doing a proper closing of a command etc forgetting ; or {} etc. But now u have a long code like maybe 400+ lines maybe even 1000+ and now try to find one single missing ;

6 minutes ago, Úlfhéðnar said:

you I like u.... u have brain.

Yeap, I totally do!
Here is proof (my actual x-ray photo)
Screenshot_39.thumb.png.1a1777ed5a7bb27ff9b405c6e6e48148.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

In the patch I see that only the improvement of practically hardware, and what about the optimization of the game?

14 minutes ago, CapybaraPaul said:

Yeap, I totally do!
Here is proof (my actual x-ray photo)
Screenshot_39.thumb.png.1a1777ed5a7bb27ff9b405c6e6e48148.png

much big brain good good xddd

Edited by Úlfhéðnar
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, LeGioNXIX said:

In the patch I see that only the improvement of practically hardware, and what about the optimization of the game?

Optimisation is the last step of developing game:)

Or one of the last steps:)

Edited by CapybaraPaul

45 minutes ago, CapybaraPaul said:

Optimisation is the last step of developing game:)

Or one of the last steps:)

In my opinion this should be the first step.

1 hour ago, N4choLibre said:

Spot on. There were so many people bitching because the launch flopped, and my understanding is that part of that was because the servers hadn't experienced that sort of load or been tested to deal with that sort of load. So the devs are being quite clever here; they seem to want to try keep the experience as stable as possible for everyone, whilst letting them play on newer test versions, whilst being able to fall back to the existing version if something goes wrong, which basically maximises resilience. Its a great compromise. However there's always someone who isn't happy... 

Then why didnt they make the stress test open? Instead of the close ''800 players'' stress test the had? The bleeding player base is the result of such mistake that could have been avoided

So yeah,i understand what everyone is saying,it's not an easy decision,but i also understand OP,this is going to split the playerbase and discourage any new comers when the servers on EA are empty.

From what i understood is that Farm51 knows they are losing part of their community,but they are depending on the ''hardcore'' section of that community to hang on and go for the long run,expecting people to come back after the game is fully released,if they know the hardcore supporters are sticking on,why not just release in EA.

But what i'm also wondering is if this PTE is here to stay,if that's the case a shitload of people are switching to PTE,so why not just release patches in EA?

Also,why would they announce a patch,but launch a PTE?

I'm sure i'm getting hate just for asking these questions because you can't be negative on these forums,but hey,what do i know.

Edited by Dimera

19 minutes ago, LeGioNXIX said:

No it shouldn't. U can ofc make small improvements like particles, rendering, textures (model poly reducetion if possible and textures etc) but those are things that aren't made by actual code optimizing. Code optimizing is basically how ur cpu is used and gpu is utilized. The thing is u can make it kinda good for the gpu but in early access where u most likely add a lot of new features u cannot really optimise for ur cpu, since this would mean after every new feature u have to completely remake the cpu optimization, because u now use cpu resources differently

1 minute ago, degameros said:

Then why didnt they make the stress test open? Instead of the close ''800 players'' stress test the had? The bleeding player base is the result of such mistake that could have been avoided

I don't see the relevance and maybe you missed the point of my post. I said after that disaster, they've clearly learned something from their mistakes and they're now trying to open up testing to everyone whilst also maintaining a stable version. Why do you still feel sore about the launch? Let it go. Its in the past. Get over it. The thing to take from this is that it appears the dev team have learned something from it. 

This is what I take from their approach:

1) They are holding back the patches until they're confident each version they release as the stable version is going to work well and not introduce any serious bugs. They're taking care of the playerbase and ensuring we can always play the game. 

2) As well as maintaining a stable version, they have created a testing version for 2 reasons; firstly, it helps them identify problems and get important feedback from the community and secondly they're giving the community who want to be part of the testing process the option to do so. 

Maybe instead of looking for negatives, people ought to chill out and give these devs a chance. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, LeGioNXIX said:

Nope, you'd be wrong, and you'd waste a lot of time. You optimise AFTER you're happy with the features and content of the game and you're approaching v1 release. Otherwise you have to do twice as much work.

In many games in early access, devs will periodically incorporate optimisations and improvements. But the bulk of this optimisation typically comes at the end of the development process. However, I think you're looking at this from the wrong perspective; I suspect you're inadvertently comparing this to regular titles like BF and so on, which are actually final products. By the time you install a title like that, its already been through the whole cycle and (mostly) optimised. So you don't see the game in production. But in early access we're basically at the very start of the whole process.

In other words; patience. Or go play something else and come back when its further along in its development. 

Edited by N4choLibre

12 minutes ago, Úlfhéðnar said:

No it shouldn't. U can ofc make small improvements like particles, rendering, textures (model poly reducetion if possible and textures etc) but those are things that aren't made by actual code optimizing. Code optimizing is basically how ur cpu is used and gpu is utilized. The thing is u can make it kinda good for the gpu but in early access where u most likely add a lot of new features u cannot really optimise for ur cpu, since this would mean after every new feature u have to completely remake the cpu optimization, because u now use cpu resources differently

I agree, but the game will not change radically. Many people have optimization problems (FPS drops) So this should be a priority for them.

21 minutes ago, LeGioNXIX said:

I agree, but the game will not change radically. Many people have optimization problems (FPS drops) So this should be a priority for them.

nope thats only ur assumption u dont see the backend 

1 hour ago, LeGioNXIX said:

Every opinion can take place BUT!

Read my upper post and think again.

49 minutes ago, LeGioNXIX said:

but the game will not change radically

That's from your point of view. Can you imagine how many lines of code can be thrown away if they start to optimize game now?
We will have optimized parts of the code. Than new lines will be added as new features coming out. Then those lines should be optimized, and if they interact with other parts of the code (AND THEY DO! Believe me), previous parts should be optimized again. And again and again.
Optimization is polishing out a complete product and ALWAYS takes part at the end of the development stage.
So please, be patient.

4 hours ago, N4choLibre said:

So you'd rather have them rush a release which could render the game unplayable for everyone... 

it doesn't make any sense at all to have PTE during early access, like wadduhek? :D EA basically is PTE, just that its before launch, its literally the same thing ... lol

And no, I don't want to have a rushed release which could render the game unplayable for everyone. I want them to just step back and say, hey, stuff needs to get postponed since smth didn't work out, end of story. Instead, the devs seem to be feeling pressured too much and make one mistake after another. They can't deliver patch so they release something half-baked to PTE just to keep the crowd shut up, but this won't please anyone. Seriously, who is making the decisions on this stuff? :D

Edited by KuBr0

1 hour ago, KuBr0 said:

it doesn't make any sense at all to have PTE during early access, like wadduhek? :D EA basically is PTE, just that its before launch, its literally the same thing ... lol

And no, I don't want to have a rushed release which could render the game unplayable for everyone. I want them to just step back and say, hey, stuff needs to get postponed since smth didn't work out, end of story. Instead, the devs seem to be feeling pressured too much and make one mistake after another. They can't deliver patch so they release something half-baked to PTE just to keep the crowd shut up, but this won't please anyone. Seriously, who is making the decisions on this stuff? :D

This is right , EA IS PTE, so now we have EA and early EA , its just divided an already declining community 

For all the almighty and all-knowing gods in this threads.

This is why we have PTE.

And if you don't like just leave the game until release. This forum is for testing and suggestions.

Not for pointless whining and expression of your only-right opinion.

Good luck!

Edited by CapybaraPaul
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, N4choLibre said:

Nope, you'd be wrong, and you'd waste a lot of time. You optimise AFTER you're happy with the features and content of the game and you're approaching v1 release. Otherwise you have to do twice as much work.

This is one of silliest things ive read today , no one is going to play if they can not play on a stable server rending your content and features useless if no one is here to use them because they can not play.

2 minutes ago, CapybaraPaul said:

For all the almight and all-knowing hods in this threads.

This is why we have PTE.

And if you don't like just leave the game until release. This forum is for testing and suggestions.

Not for pointless whining and expression of your only-right opinion.

Good luck!

Kind of like your "only right opinion" ? 

Edited by Harshilizer