Sign in to follow this  
Harshilizer

so no patch this week?

8 hours ago, CapybaraPaul said:

For all the almighty and all-knowing gods in this threads.

This is why we have PTE.

And if you don't like just leave the game until release. This forum is for testing and suggestions.

Not for pointless whining and expression of your only-right opinion.

Good luck!

you don't seem to be getting the point, here, let me simplify it for you:

Early Access = pre launch, pre-v1.0 PTE, you get it now?

This isn't "my only-right opinion", this is something called industry standard. There simply is no beta within Early Access, since thats what it basically is. And I'm not trying to tell the devs here or anyone what do or what has to be done, just expressing my opinion. Seen plenty of EA titles fail but also gain a lot of success and don't want to see WW3 failing. The game definitely isn't going the "success" route so far.

A guy comes over and makes a valid point and is being accused of being a crybaby and advised to leave the game till launch, lol :D Now there are plenty of cry-babies here in the forums, one extreme, but on the other hand - another extreme, people like you CapybaraPaul or the guy with the Nicolas Cage profile pic are the most toxic users on this forum, overly understanding idiots who are defending the devs for whatever price ... pathetic

Edited by KuBr0
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Harshilizer said:

This is right , EA IS PTE, so now we have EA and early EA , its just divided an already declining community 

EA isnt a PTE wtf EA is a stable early game version PTE is kinda unstable might have a lot of bugs and so on

26 minutes ago, KuBr0 said:

Early Access = pre launch

EA != pre launch.

Please don't tell us about industry standarts, seems like you know nothing about this, John Snow.

Pointless discussion. Its already prevented bug from going to live, and you still saying ea = pre launch. That is pathetic. And i am ok with "being toxic".

In fact, PTE is going to be live for a few days, what is wrong with all of you? Games still found in a blink of an eye

This is preposterous...

Good luck

Edited by CapybaraPaul
  • Thanks 1

@CapybaraPaul  all those ppl complaining never saw a single line of code not even talking about alpha or beta or stable and release versions.

Is kinda pointless most of them aren't even willing to understand 

11 hours ago, Harshilizer said:

This is one of silliest things ive read today , no one is going to play if they can not play on a stable server rending your content and features useless if no one is here to use them because they can not play.

Your naivety brings a smile to my face, and shows you know f-all about software development. 

3 hours ago, KuBr0 said:

you don't seem to be getting the point, here, let me simplify it for you:

Early Access = pre launch, pre-v1.0 PTE, you get it now?

This isn't "my only-right opinion", this is something called industry standard. There simply is no beta within Early Access, since thats what it basically is. And I'm not trying to tell the devs here or anyone what do or what has to be done, just expressing my opinion. Seen plenty of EA titles fail but also gain a lot of success and don't want to see WW3 failing. The game definitely isn't going the "success" route so far.

A guy comes over and makes a valid point and is being accused of being a crybaby and advised to leave the game till launch, lol :D Now there are plenty of cry-babies here in the forums, one extreme, but on the other hand - another extreme, people like you CapybaraPaul or the guy with the Nicolas Cage profile pic are the most toxic users on this forum, overly understanding idiots who are defending the devs for whatever price ... pathetic

What is Early Access?

Steam Early Access enables you to sell your game on Steam while it is still being developed, and provide context to customers that a product should be considered "unfinished." Early Access is a place for games that are in a playable alpha or beta state, are worth the current value of the playable build, and that you plan to continue to develop for release.

(taken from https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/store/earlyaccess ) 

You're incorrect. See highlighted bits above. This game is in an alpha/beta state. It is playable. The devs are trying to ensure it remains playable, whilst letting people take part in testing the next version and removing any bugs before its released as the stable version. You don't have to play on one or the other if you don't want to. Furthermore, other EA games have beta programs for users to opt into built into them (bring up the properties in one of your steam games and go look at the 'betas' tab.) or some titles offer a separate testing version for users to engage in testing of the next version before its released as stable. See Squad's recent move to having the current stable build and also a testing version for V12. 

Look, I understand people are worried that number are dwindling and this will split the playerbase, but the playerbase will continue to fluctuate. Every time a version is released, it will spike again and users will come back and play. Then people will get bored of it or take a break and numbers will diminish, and some people will see this and panic and come on to the forums to tell a game developer that the game developer doesn't know what they're doing and is fucking up. This is going to continue throughout the games development.

Once the next version is ready for release, a flood of people will come back. Then the community will have plenty of players again. And then it will dwindle again. And so the cycle will continue. You have to get used to it or you're going to be disappointed all the time. 

Regarding your thoughts on my toxicity; tough shit. Here's a link to the ignore page: https://forum.worldwar3.com/index.php?/ignore/ simply add my name in there and you can ignore me. :)

Edited by N4choLibre

this is getting even more ridiculous, it literally says EA is unfinished and it EQUALS alpha or beta, so how can there be another beta within the beta? I haven't seen any devs use such a practice so far, everyone released PTE environment after they released v1.0, at the time when it made sense, since EA is one big beta.

And of course there's a natural fluctuation cycle with every game, but you can drive it through your decisions towards better or worse and (again, its my opinion, not my game though) I dont think its a great idea to release PTE environment DURING EA while there's barely a 1,2k peak each evening few days after release.

Btw. no worries I definitely won't block you - I have 0 issues digesting what you leave here - just trying to point out that being on either side of the extremes that you meet here isn't good. People have valid arguments which you often don't seem to see over your love towards this game, but if you want to be that guy, hey, just keep going.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KuBr0 said:

this is getting even more ridiculous, it literally says EA is unfinished and it EQUALS alpha or beta, so how can there be another beta within the beta? I haven't seen any devs use such a practice so far, everyone released PTE environment after they released v1.0, at the time when it made sense, since EA is one big beta.

And of course there's a natural fluctuation cycle with every game, but you can drive it through your decisions towards better or worse and (again, its my opinion, not my game though) I dont think its a great idea to release PTE environment DURING EA while there's barely a 1,2k peak each evening few days after release.

Btw. no worries I definitely won't block you - I have 0 issues digesting what you leave here - just trying to point out that being on either side of the extremes that you meet here isn't good. People have valid arguments which you often don't seem to see over your love towards this game, but if you want to be that guy, hey, just keep going.

Its like you don't read or you lack some level of understanding here. I'm not sure why. Anyway; this is not some 'beta inside a beta'. This is simply a second testing environment that allows people to take part in testing without compromising the stable branch. Look at how ferociously pissy many people in the community were when the game's initial launch didn't work out? So what happens if they introduce a bug into the one and only stable access we have, rendering it inaccessible? People would be in here squealing in rage! This is a good compromise which will hopefully avoid any serious outages. 

You say you don't know of any devs use such a practice, and I just highlighted Squad which is doing so with V12. 'EA' is not 'one big beta' because the game may still be in an alpha state and then advance to beta and then eventually be released as 1.0. To try and say 'its all one big beta!' is simplistic and naive. Its like you're trying to make light or simplify something that is anything but simple. There's much more that goes into software development than you seem to understand. 

Re the valid arguments: I can understand your perspective, but I also think its wrong. I don't think your viewpoint is valid; you aren't even credible. You've come in here and tried to dismiss the cycle of development as all being 'one big beta' in EA and you've tried to put forward your definition of what early access is as being the right one. When its clearly not. 

When you come back with valid arguments and points that are steeped in fact and not solely your opinion acting as an authority, then by all means i'll listen and have a good discussion around it. Until then, I'll continue to disagree with you when you chat bullshit. 

Edited by N4choLibre

4 hours ago, KuBr0 said:

Alpha or beta game not alpha or beta of an update. Alpha or beta of à game is unfinished and contains bugs sometimes but is mostly stable while alpha or beta patches are mostly unstable and don't have final stats. 

5 hours ago, KuBr0 said:

Just let it go man its pointless arguing with fanbois . 

16 minutes ago, Harshilizer said:

Just let it go man its pointless arguing with fanbois .

We aren't even defending the game we explain the difference between beta in a patch and beta of a game 

I have seen a lot of devs using this practice so far if not all mmofps I played used test builds withing a beta 

Edited by Úlfhéðnar

23 minutes ago, Úlfhéðnar said:

We aren't even defending the game we explain the difference between beta in a patch and beta of a game 

I have seen a lot of devs using this practice so far if not all mmofps I played used test builds withing a beta 

You're right. Besides, I don't see a downside, everyone can participate in the PTE and the new patch comes out this month.

26 minutes ago, Inox said:

You're right. Besides, I don't see a downside, everyone can participate in the PTE and the new patch comes out this month.

It comes out this Monday;)
So yeah. People whining because of 3 days of PTE;)
So i agreed! This is ridiculous and preposterous;)

Edited by CapybaraPaul

11 hours ago, CapybaraPaul said:

It comes out this Monday;)
So yeah. People whining because of 3 days of PTE;)
So i agreed! This is ridiculous and preposterous;)

Stop trying to discredit EVERY critical posts as whining. Its a really cheap and childish tactic. Somebody days something I don't like? Its obviously whining. Feels like you are one of the people who feel that they need to defend a game and the developer of it without any reflection. 

Spoiler Alert: The devs are not your friends. They will not go out with you on the weekend and buy you a drink. Its a company customer relationship. They want you to buy a product they offer and further support it by playing the game and potentially spending more money for the same product (addons, microtransactions etc.), or something like sequel or simply another separate product of them. 

Mindlessly defending a game/product is stupid and potentially even harmful to the game. Developers need and want to improve their product. To do this they need feedback from their customers. This also includes negative feedback. Some would even argue that negative feedback is what is really important, since developers usually already know what works in their game, since they had a plan and certain intentions when creating a game and so they are usually already quite aware what the strong points of their game is.

People in this and other thread have pointed out valid issues. The major points are the fact that it will split a player base that is already low even further and the discrepancy that early access is already test environment. 

Edited by Schlagerfreund
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Schlagerfreund said:

Stop trying to discredit EVERY critical posts as whining. Its a really cheap and childish tactic. Somebody days something I don't like? Its obviously whining. Feels like you are one of the people who feel that they need to defend a game and the developer of it without any reflection. 

Spoiler Alert: The devs are not your friends. They will not go out with you on the weekend and buy you a drink. Its a company customer relationship. They want you to buy a product they offer and further support it by playing the game and potentially spending more money for the same product (addons, microtransactions etc.), or something like sequel or simply another separate product of them. 

Mindlessly defending a game/product is stupid and potentially even harmful to the game. Developers need and want to improve their product. To do this they need feedback from their customers. This also includes negative feedback. Some would even argue that negative feedback is what is really important, since developers usually already know what works in their game, since they had a plan and certain intentions when creating a game and so they are usually already quite aware what the strong points of their game is.

People in this and other thread have pointed out valid issues. The major points are the fact that it will split a player base that is already low even further and the discrepancy that early access is already test environment. 

I submitted like 10 topics on the bugs in the game. I know there are a lot of problems. And i know they have to be fixed.

But there is a little difference between "this must e fixed and you are doing wrong" and "hey, I found a bug, or I think this decision is wrong and should be changed"
See what am I talking about?) It's not about the actual point, it's about a form of expression of this point;)

And of course, it's better to break EA server for everyone and deliver new bugs, than splitting player base. (spoiler: it's not), And there is a major bug on PTE that I posted in this topic earlier. Can you imagine how much of topics there would e if it came to live?

And yeap, referring to everything as whining was wrong. My bad. Sorry about that! 

Edited by CapybaraPaul

6 hours ago, Schlagerfreund said:

Why u put all devs in the same corner not everyone is like u expect