Sign in to follow this  
Garack

WW3 is going battlefiel and COD

With the latest test patch notes only 30 mins round time.why?

apart from that i cant get my full geared tank anymore. This is one step to battlefield.

i know these games. They start kind of good, alternative, then develop to causal shooters we already have.If this goes live goodnight ww3.

Thats not what i had in mind when  bought this game. 30 mins are too short, then deathmatch lol in 2 month we have battlefield here. Shame..

Edited by Garack
  • Like 1
  • Angry 1

Death match isn't battlefield tbh every god damn game has tdm and especially if they want to implement the ressources thing for the map they need tdm I guess. Also the match time isn't final and u can still spawn all ur nodded vehicles u just have to redo ur configs. I think u are more active in the forum than in-game that's why u mad so hard 

66 hours ingame. Well 30 mins here, but every t8me you respond. You must be very much on the forums hers?

and i am not mad hard, stop trolling boy.

Edited by Garack

its patch note for the test environment not for the actual game. the games 0.1.1 patch notes haven't been changed from 45>40mike

I doubt they would lower it to 30 for the actual game. The the environment is just to test not to actually play.

Test Environment is for testing, their patch notes are not finals and they've already mentioned it. Don't worry about them. It's great that we can test everything we want and write feedback about it. If they add revive on the Testing branch it'd be great to see if it works out even though they may not put it in the final game

We decided to go down the radical route and instead of reducing time by 5 minutes or so we cut it in half and doubled the point income. We're still experimenting, we do not plan to re-do any games that already exist (in fact there is a huge push right now for features that will make us more distinct from the competition), the match length/score income are still WIP and will probably be rebalanced in future patches.

Still, while previously Warzone felt like a sandbox, right now it finaly gained some of the immediacy it was supposed to have. It's a work in progress and, for example, I personaly also find the games too brief right now. We'll iterate and get there, all the while taking in your feedback, this is what this Early Access is for.

Edited by Borreh
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Agree. This should not become just "another shooter" like BF or COD. There are already too many of them. 

They are on the right track with trying to implement "team work" to play the game and win.  Rambo type players may want to look elsewhere. I support that. 

Let them decide where they want to go. The devs seem aware of other shooters, and I think they are smart enough to stay away and be refreshingly different.

I'm OK with testing it out, should give some good insight.

I like they sandbox aspect of the game very much and is why I am continuing to play after 160 hours in with no boredom in sight.

The battlefield genre is a sandbox and that is why it is liked so much.

IDK about this game not having immediacy and that being attached to the match time. I would say the immediacy  would come from in game aspects not match length. You have to give a reason for the immediacy like mechanics in game not around the games length its self.

I dont think their is a lack of immediacy it might not be as important to every player but people still react quick in order to get to fights.

• Like 1

The ideal scenario is having different modes that will suit a wide variety of play styles.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Borreh said:

The ideal scenario is having different modes that will suit a wide variety of play styles.

True some 30 min server some 60 or so

3 hours ago, Borreh said:

That would greatly increase the player base.
Keep up the good work!

it would drain the player base since every one would be playing different modes and their will be less people for each mode.

It would only be beneficial only id the player count was huge and could support it and if the devs had the resources in order to make each mode great. Putting out a bunch of half assed modes wouldn't help and only hinder the game as it slpit the player base.

He said it would be the the ideal scenario but that doesn't mean its a possible one right now.

13 hours ago, Borreh said:

Large Warzones should be atleast 40 minutes. The short games on pte really takes alot of fun out of the game.

23 hours ago, TZoningHard said:

it would drain the player base since every one would be playing different modes and their will be less people for each mode.

It would only be beneficial only id the player count was huge and could support it and if the devs had the resources in order to make each mode great. Putting out a bunch of half assed modes wouldn't help and only hinder the game as it slpit the player base.

Don't jump to conclusions, mate.
Nobody's trying to rush things, there are many priorities that need to be resolved much earlier:

Make it possible for anyone who bought the game to play it, fix server issues, bugs and glitches, balance tweaks, progression available, etc.
I mean, the game's on EA and it's not even a month old.

23 hours ago, TZoningHard said:

He said it would be the the ideal scenario but that doesn't mean its a possible one right now.

For sure, "ideal scenario" describes the idea of something that is perfect, and as you can see, there's a long way to go.