Sign in to follow this  
Tweak

AMD FX 8350 Anyone ?

I know my CPU is ancient to some of you but I also know alot of people still use it, myself included.

Even on the new pte patch my fps is very low (30-60).

My GPU is Geforce GTX 1080 so the problem isnt there.

Just wondering if anyone else here is running the same CPU and what fps you get ? And how much Ghz you running on it ? I run 4,2ghz on mine, even tried up to 4,6 with no difference in performance.

I know the game is in alpha and I expect nothing out of it yet, just wanna see how others with the same CPU are experiencing it.

Edited by Tweak

The FX is a good chip but not for WW3.

UE4 isn't really great for use of multiple cores were AMD does good with their CPUs.

This game has a lot more calculations going on in the back ground then those games

I hope they can try to optimizes with AMD in mind more. I like AMD business practices more then in tell and run a vega 64 over a 1080 for this reason but I had to go with intel since most games I play needs good single core freq.

My vega just got OC to 1730Hmz

got 16g of ddr4

but my i7-8700k is un OCd left on turbo for 4.8 but I sit at 4.4-4.5 in game

I get 70-100 frames on low.

Edited by TZoningHard
  • Like 1

The FX 8350 is severely outdated. I just upgraded from an i5-6600k to an i7-8700k because my i5  was pegging at 100%.  This game uses 10GB of Vram and 11GB of  DDR4 while playing 1440p on high 130fps It is a resource hog. Kinda like a new Cyysis.

I run mine at 4,6ghz now, problem is its nowhere near 100%, its just sleeping all day when playing WW3. Im about to upgrade my pc this week so I will probably be able to run it smooth soon.

I originally tried to register to post on this and just noticed some responses to it. I, too, use an AMD FX 8350 as I bought an entry-level pre-built gaming computer (only around $550 a year ago) as I was too impatient to order parts/put together and the GFX card I use (GTX 1050) definitely doesn't help, either lol. I've overclocked my CPU and GFX (BIOS/Afterburner) but I don't do it too much as it's a bit of effort to go back and forth. I think with TDM being implemented, depending on the size of the matches, FPS should be a bit better. I have not tried the new patch that just came out, but I will have to see for myself. Truthfully we'd both have to upgrade our CPUs and in my case, I'd have to upgrade my MOBO as well to put in a much better CPU. Best of luck with everything though, aside from the current tricks/tweaks, if you find anything to help you, or if any one else knows some useful things - let him and I/others know. :P

Edit: This setting makes the quality a little blurry but you can probably max out the graphics given your GFX card. Try possibly using 50% Resolution Scale but up the graphics for the game (otherwise you will legitimately feel like you're playing in a haze). I'm having okay FPS but much better gameplay now. It's a little known trick but with their further optimizations and patches/updates, I'm sure we will be able to play it normally in the future.

Edited by Ravose

Ok  Tweak see here my post  if you really need a change in your desperation :) :