Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Inox

A big thanks to the developers!

Recommended Posts

I just saw the patch notes from the big update coming up... oh, boy! it looks great.

https://forum.worldwar3.com/index.php?/topic/4407-pte-011-patch-notes/

 

Devs, you are really doing a very good job and thank you for considering the opinions of us, your players.

OjZB6aj.gif

 

Some of the most important changes:

  • Warzone time limit changed from 45 to 30,
  • Warzone score limit changed to 3000,
  • Pistol-caliber ammo velocity increased (used by Pistols and SMGs), drop reduced for pistols (SMGs stayed the same but with higher velocity). SMGs and Pistols were underperforming on open spaces, this change should make them a more viable option,
  • Global sniper rifle damage increase by 20 on all ranges to assure 1-shot headshots,
  • Armor rebalance: All armors had their durability unified to 100 HP (was all over the place), armor absorption values rebalanced to (from HDPE to Steel): 25%/40%/60%/75%,
  • Helmet rebalance: Durability capped at 50 HP (was 100), new helmet absorption from lightest to heaviest: 20%, 35%, 50%,
  • Bullet penetration diversified per caliber & type: Previously all bullets had the same penetration values regardless of caliber (5% HP, 10% FMJ, 20% AP), now penetration varies per weapon class as follows: Pistol calibers stayed the same at 10% FMJ, AP 20%, HP 5%, AR calibers FMJ 20%, AP 40%, HP 10%, Rifle calibers & .338 FMJ 30%, AP 50%, HP 20%, .50 BMG caliber FMJ 50%, AP 75%, HP 25%,
  • Fixed Mini UGVs' handling,
  • Tweaks on grenade amount. Player now have 3 smoke grenades and 2 frag grenades.
  • Default heavy machine gun for every vehicle's driver,
  • Airstrike’s (Hellfire, Stormbreaker, Mephisto) deal a proper damage upon penetration, vehicles can be destroyed by a direct hit,

 

Edited by Inox
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Úlfhéðnar said:

The match time to low

Some of us think that the matches last too long, also I don't like to see so many rage quitters.
As the developers said: "it's just an experiment and can be changed in the future".

1 hour ago, Úlfhéðnar said:

and income of points to high (not battlepoint) 

I agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I liked that the snipers had less dmg. Even if its not realistic - but u can,t shoot the .50 while straving and leaning precisly too, so what. I realized today on Moscow 2/3 were sniping. Dont make that game BF1 - 30 snipers and each team has 5 that do the objectives^^. PLEASE!!! :) :) :) 

Else, please make the scope of snipers move realistic while standing and moving. And when hit Snipers should not be abled to have a calm scope. For Example when they got hit scope should move for 10 or 15 sec´s hard then normalize or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, StayToxicAsUsual said:

Devs are reducing the match time but increasing the score you can obtain. and this will allow you to use your gadgets or killstreak more frequently

that wasnt increased the score points NOT battlepoints are earned at an increased rate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Úlfhéðnar said:

that wasnt increased the score points NOT battlepoints are earned at an increased rate

Teamwork BP income was increased as well (especialy for completing attack/defend orders) but the order selection was bugged out. Ehh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Borreh said:

Teamwork BP income was increased as well (especialy for completing attack/defend orders) but the order selection was bugged out. Ehh.

but pls reduce normal point earning again it makes matches even shorter

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are aware it's a bit too fast, a rebalance should come live with the November update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait wait guys. Those 30 minutes lightning matches are for PTE only.
On live duration will be changed from 45 to 40.
And battle points boost is the same case. "For testing purposes"
@Borreh Am I right?

Edited by CapybaraPaul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

they are prob coming ot live for testing and data purposes and reverted back to a proper length on the 20th

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, TZoningHard said:

they are prob coming ot live for testing and data purposes and reverted back to a proper length on the 20th

?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TZoningHard said:

OMG I got in to PTE finally and this is gonna suck till the 20th. The matches are so bad.

Just what we need, more people whining and crying in the forum. Keep your drama to yourself.
You may disagree with some changes and if they bother you so much you should express your opinion constructively.
Let's not make this forum another one of the bunch, where the most whiny players get what they want.

The developers are experimenting and trying to find the necessary balance for all players.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Inox said:

Just what we need, more people whining and crying in the forum. Keep your drama to yourself.
You may disagree with some changes and if they bother you so much you should express your opinion constructively.
Let's not make this forum another one of the bunch, where the most whiny players get what they want.

The developers are experimenting and trying to find the necessary balance for all players.

lol dafuq is wrong with you. Its not like its slightly unpleasant its absolutely horrible. Its worse then I ever though its would be ?

Its very constructive, its feedback on how bad its sucks. They are gonna test its and its gonna suck ass till the 22nd when they revert the test.

Like I like the game but its aint gonna be easy to deal with this and enjoy the game. If I cant enjoy it I aint gonna wast my time testing. Im gonna spend my time enjoying myself.

 

Also the constructive feedback only is a solid BULLSHIT excuse for dodging criticisms. I reserved my criticism till I got into the PTE and its was a suffrage to play though now. I am not exaggerating Its like I'm blue balled every game now. I thought it would just be less enjoyable not dogshit.

The Devs know the time is ridiculously low so I'm not gonna talk shit to the devs since it s a short test but when some whiteknight of a ideal that a majority of the community hates tries to trash talk I'm going to speak fully.

The extremely short time throws off the entire game, its wont be good for any one unless they are mindless.

 

EVERY FORUM I AM ON I SEE THESE PEOPLE WHO DODGE CRITICISM SINCE THEY CANT ARGUE AGAINST IT WITH THE BULL SHIT PHRASE OF ITS NOT CONSTRUCTIVE ENOUGH.

All criticisms welcomed  and is good feedback. A person can call bullshit on shitty food served to him and not be chef.

You are just getting pissy and all defender over criticisms of the short time because you want it. The short time will no way stay past the 22nd. It will kill the game if it does.

I kinda think they did it to shit on the youtubers wanting shorter games. Like "Hey guys we made games shorter for a test, see how bad it sucks, I guess you guys were wrong about it."

 

Just deal with people saying things you dont like or give a counter to it instead of being such a insufferable dismissive hyperbolic ass.

Have a brain. thank you.

  • Angry 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TZoningHard said:

lol dafuq is wrong with you. Its not like its slightly unpleasant its absolutely horrible. Its worse then I ever though its would be ?

Its very constructive, its feedback on how bad its sucks. They are gonna test its and its gonna suck ass till the 22nd when they revert the test.

Like I like the game but its aint gonna be easy to deal with this and enjoy the game. If I cant enjoy it I aint gonna wast my time testing. Im gonna spend my time enjoying myself.

 

Also the constructive feedback only is a solid BULLSHIT excuse for dodging criticisms. I reserved my criticism till I got into the PTE and its was a suffrage to play though now. I am not exaggerating Its like I'm blue balled every game now. I thought it would just be less enjoyable not dogshit.

The Devs know the time is ridiculously low so I'm not gonna talk shit to the devs since it s a short test but when some whiteknight of a ideal that a majority of the community hates tries to trash talk I'm going to speak fully.

The extremely short time throws off the entire game, its wont be good for any one unless they are mindless.

 

EVERY FORUM I AM ON I SEE THESE PEOPLE WHO DODGE CRITICISM SINCE THEY CANT ARGUE AGAINST IT WITH THE BULL SHIT PHRASE OF ITS NOT CONSTRUCTIVE ENOUGH.

All criticisms welcomed  and is good feedback. A person can call bullshit on shitty food served to him and not be chef.

You are just getting pissy and all defender over criticisms of the short time because you want it. The short time will no way stay past the 22nd. It will kill the game if it does.

I kinda think they did it to shit on the youtubers wanting shorter games. Like "Hey guys we made games shorter for a test, see how bad it sucks, I guess you guys were wrong about it."

 

Just deal with people saying things you dont like or give a counter to it instead of being such a insufferable dismissive hyperbolic ass.

Have a brain. thank you.

X2RIRjS.jpg

This kid...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2018 at 2:09 PM, Úlfhéðnar said:

The match time to low and income of points to high (not battlepoint) 

At least instead of playing 2 45 minute matches in an hour and a half, now you can play 3 30 minute matches in that time frame! It's still 3x the length of a typical Call of Duty match. This ought to speed up people's decision making, result in less people needing to leave mid game in a rush, and speed up match-making.

People will play more boldly now and that'll be good for everyone.  From the suicidal guys storming objectives, to snipers now not having to wait as long for those same suicidal guys to show up. I like it.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Grey Wolf Jack said:

At least instead of playing 2 45 minute matches in an hour and a half, now you can play 3 30 minute matches in that time frame! It's still 3x the length of a typical Call of Duty match. This ought to speed up people's decision making, result in less people needing to leave mid game in a rush, and speed up match-making.

People will play more boldly now and that'll be good for everyone.  From the suicidal guys storming objectives, to snipers now not having to wait as long for those same suicidal guys to show up. I like it.

 

Nah with the score earning rate it's 15min match and not 30 so u can double that number of matches to 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Úlfhéðnar said:

Nah with the score earning rate it's 15min match and not 30 so u can double that number of matches to 6

Ohh, interesting.  That could probably use some tweaking.  It should be harder for a casual team of randoms to win in under 20 minutes.

Don't you think the extra time would be good for more competitive matches in the future?

Edited by Grey Wolf Jack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grey Wolf Jack said:

Ohh, interesting.  That could probably use some tweaking.  It should be harder for a casual team of randoms to win in under 20 minutes.

Don't you think the extra time would be good for more competitive matches in the future?

ofc BUT this increase of normal score points earning is annoying since matches are super short due to that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TZoningHard said:

OMG I got in to PTE finally and this is gonna suck till the 20th. The matches are so bad.

Now you understand that smiley filled with pain;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Monger said:

snip.

Your the one whining about peoples criticisms.

Still dodging a argument with dissension, If you are gonna throw cheap insults at least have the balls to back up what you say. Pathetic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, TZoningHard said:

OMG I got in to PTE finally and this is gonna suck till the 20th. The matches are so bad.

Why didn't you elaborate? Why didn't you say what was wrong with the matches? You were able to write 12 paragraphs answering (off topic) to someone that (also off topic) said you were whining, but you couldn't write 2 sentences explaining why you don't like the PTE? C'mon...

It's easy to help. Easier than going back and forth with another poster. Are the matches too short? Too long? Is the new weapon balance wrong? Should they take it further? Is the bump in score too big? Too small? What?

Taking your example: if you go to a restaurant and just say the food sucks, they won't be able to improve it. Is it too salty? , not enough salt? Is it cold, too hot? Are the portions too small, wasteful?

This is the feedback needed. If you don't elaborate, then the game will never be to your liking, because the Devs won't know what we like...

(Yeah, I know, this is also off topic...)

My 2 cents:

The reduction in time/points to win with the increase in "points earned for actions" was too big. The matches now last 10 or 15 min. And because you can't stay in the same server, you spend almost half the time in the menus and half the time playing.

I'll give feedback about other aspects when I have more time to play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...