Sign in to follow this  
TrkyTr8r

Fix the damn optimization already

The title says it all...the framerate drops make the game almost unplayable.  It's getting frustrating, fix, immediately!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, TrkyTr8r said:

The title says it all...the framerate drops make the game almost unplayable.  It's getting frustrating, fix, immediately!

ok then show them how since u top notch programmer eh?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Optimization are not even contemplate in the next patch, we already been testing the envirronments and we know what’s in the incoming patch , but we hope it can be address in the subsequent patches, because it’s pretty bad.

Early Acces multimedia products are like this, Unfortunately ...but we support Farm 51.

I understand the Op. it’s pretty frustrating.

So I don’t criticize him at all, he is in his right to complain, maybe his approach resonate in you.

anyhow;

Yes please F51 address the optimization .

• Thanks 1

Unfortunetly the optimization process is not something that can be done "already", it's extremely tedious and time-consuming and it's not something that can be done on a whim.

However the major November patch will include a number of performance updates that should make the game run much smoother.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, Úlfhéðnar said:

Ignore this dude hes just a fanboi , a lot of people agree and a lot of people have left because of optimization , Theres people on here saying content and crap should come first but thats just funny . Bottom line is if it stays jerky and crappy the game is done . simple

• Like 1

optimization has been improved a lot in the pte.

lol, optimization is thing you improve on not something you fix. Just unknowledgeable people getting pissy. Its not even a fanboy thing and he isn't fanboying. You guys jsut dont know how shit is optimized or what goes into its.

It isn't a on off situation were you can go oh its broke let me fix it.

1 hour ago, Harshilizer said:

Ignore this dude hes just a fanboi , a lot of people agree and a lot of people have left because of optimization , Theres people on here saying content and crap should come first but thats just funny . Bottom line is if it stays jerky and crappy the game is done . simple

Don't get me wrong. I like the game. That's why it's so frustrating!  I just want to play and not jerk around every time shooting starts and lose gunfights.  The first ten minutes if any match is nearly unplayable from all of the stutter. It smooths out over time, but it still happens whenever action starts. This was written in frustration, not hatred

• Like 1

optimization is bad. PTE fixes it to near standard. The game had great optimization for its early access release and if they get the optimization up to PTE levels more people will come back. I thought optimization was gonna be a lot slower.

• Like 1

same here the frame rate can have a tendency to "freeze up" at the most critical times and that frustrates/infuriates me most when the opposing team can shoot me before i can shoot them. i rather there be an equal parity of response time performance if you get what i am trying to say.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Big Red 1 said:

same here the frame rate can have a tendency to "freeze up" at the most critical times and that frustrates/infuriates me most when the opposing team can shoot me before i can shoot them. i rather there be an equal parity of response time performance if you get what i am trying to say.

That may be the particle effects for shooting and hitting, we're reworking them all right now. Current prototypes are multiple times less resource demanding, they'll go live for the November update.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, HALCON4 said:

Yup it’s pretty bad, hope next patch start getting resolved.

Next patch is targeted to when?

@Nyquist between probably Monday and a bit before nov 22.

Its before the nov 22 content drop if all goes as planned, but there some kinks to be worked out. the patch is great beside the match times being short for testing.

6 hours ago, Harshilizer said:

M8 all i said is since He demands it now immediatly he must be a top notch programmer, but seems Like U have no clue how much work it is. Oh and btw actual programming is only 20% of the whole process now go forward and show them how to do it since seemingly everyone who complains is a super programmer.

Ever tried to optimize thousands, hundred thousands or even more lines of code. Since it smth you can do so easy go forward offer them your help. I am not defending the game i am defending the amount of work those ppl put into it

Oh and where did I say that I like the optimization?

Edited by Úlfhéðnar

12 hours ago, Úlfhéðnar said:

So if your not a programmer you can't complain?

If you go to a restaurant and the chef shits on your plate you have to eat it without complaining because your not a chef?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dimera said:

So if your not a programmer you can't complain?

If you go to a restaurant and the chef shits on your plate you have to eat it without complaining because your not a chef?

You can.
But you can't understand why it is pointless on its very nature.
Optimization is not something done in the middle of development;)
You may like it, or not optimization will be fixed much later. It just a technical restriction of the dev cycle.

Still, performance should become much better soon.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CapybaraPaul said:

You can.
But you can't understand why it is pointless on its very nature.
Optimization is not something done in the middle of development;)
You may like it, or not optimization will be fixed much later. It just a technical restriction of the dev cycle.

Still, performance should become much better soon.

yeah i'm sure it is,i asked a question to Úlfhéðnar because according to him people can't complain.

1 minute ago, Dimera said:

yeah i'm sure it is,i asked a question to Úlfhéðnar because according to him people can't complain.

There is a big difference for you who will answer your question? 
And please note, there is a HUGE difference between constructive criticism and complaints. 
None likes complaining people.

39 minutes ago, Dimera said:

that guy u answered to gave u my answer lol

U can complain and stuff, but the problem is, if u are not into programming u miss 2 Hugh aspects:

First you dont know how long a code can be and this is what u have to optimize or where u have to optimize the render in and hf with 100000+ lines of code 

Second is that u can never demand smth directly everything needs time especially optimization, u have to test basically everything on different setups so u make sure a big amount of ppl profits from it.

and as CpybaraPaul said optimization comes in the end simply because code lines interact with eachother so if u add smth new you might have to change smth old and this would require to rework this completly so after every feature u would have to optimize huge parts of the code again.

Also ur comparison is kinda off ofc u would have to eat it if u ordered it, if u didnt u can complain, BUT in an early access u know what u are getting an unfinished game which is being developed

Edited by Úlfhéðnar

6 hours ago, Nyquist said:

Next patch is targeted to when?

The patch will go live early this week, then the November patch will hit the PTE and go live the next week - As long as nothing game-breaking is found and/or stuff happens that would delay it.

We're 100% commited to pushing the November patch (or maybe I should say Update?) this week to the PTE but delays can happen so keep that in mind.

Edited by Borreh
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

FIx your PTE servers first, make it availabe for anyone who wants to test it, before you promise any new great updates!!!

Edited by Gutshot
  • Confused 1

check out the topics on this issue in this forum and on steam. tons of peole are unable to play cause they stuck in "connecting to ww3" screen.