Sign in to follow this  
FireDiamond

Anti-tank mine needs nerf

for so many people carrying an anti-tank mine, i could not even drive out of my spawn, at least there should be some signal or flashing light or at least it looks like a mine. but that damn thing just look like a pack, i've once stopped in front of a pack to check what that is, and then i drove onto that thing and got killed, that was really frustrating.

if not to nerf the mine, at least give drivers a second chance, or allow us to customize the tank at some cost that could survive one hit from the mine.

AT mine mainly focus on the caterpillar track rather than the bottom of the tank, while when the track is destroyed, the crew survive and it could be repaired, AT mine is so strong in this game that it's just to OP for tanks to survive.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, FireDiamond said:

for so many people carrying an anti-tank mine, i could not even drive out of my spawn, at least there should be some signal or flashing light or at least it looks like a mine. but that damn thing just look like a pack, i've once stopped in front of a pack to check what that is, and then i drove onto that thing and got killed, that was really frustrating.

if not to nerf the mine, at least give drivers a second chance, or allow us to customize the tank at some cost that could survive one hit from the mine.

AT mine mainly focus on the caterpillar track rather than the bottom of the tank, while when the track is destroyed, the crew survive and it could be repaired, AT mine is so strong in this game that it's just to OP for tanks to survive.

do not nerf but make visible so that we can see it well (at least with heatvisuel in the tank) or possibility that we may disturb it with shots

• Like 2

A tank literally one hits people but you want it to survive everything else considering the immense power of those things? It doesn't seem right to me. I don't think an anti tank mine should blow up the entire tank, but at least fully immobilize the movement except the cannon. 

• Like 1

Hello, I have a problem with anti-tank mines. I think that they shouldn't completely destroy a tank with just one mine. I'm fine with lightly armored vehicles like the Marder but main battle tanks should survive at least one anti-tank mine. I expect that my tank can withstand more than just 1 mine with the best armor equipped. It's really annoying when you play over 40 mins to get enough battle points for a tank and can't even leave your spawn area. I don't know if its just me but I can't spot mines from inside a vehicle. On certain maps, they are literally invisible. I would love to see a small nerf in damage against main battle tanks.

Thanks

1 hour ago, maddinii said:

A tank literally one hits people but you want it to survive everything else considering the immense power of those things? It doesn't seem right to me. I don't think an anti tank mine should blow up the entire tank, but at least fully immobilize the movement except the cannon. 

But its really frustrating to play over 40 mins to get enough battle points for a tank and then die without even leaving the spawn

As far as i know you are supposed to be able to repair a tank, so fully immobilizing them doesn`t render them useless. At least the interface for repairs is there. I never actually tried to use it tho. However, you can actually shoot med kits, ammo packs, drones and mines to make them disappear. By the way: 8 of 10 Tanks that i see have exactly one job: Stand still and shoot spawns. Only very few actually drive the tanks around objectives to assist their team in attacking a capture point. Does not apply to all players driving a tank. 

26 minutes ago, maddinii said:

As far as i know you are supposed to be able to repair a tank, so fully immobilizing them doesn`t render them useless. At least the interface for repairs is there. I never actually tried to use it tho. However, you can actually shoot med kits, ammo packs, drones and mines to make them disappear. By the way: 8 of 10 Tanks that i see have exactly one job: Stand still and shoot spawns. Only very few actually drive the tanks around objectives to assist their team in attacking a capture point. Does not apply to all players driving a tank. 

For some reason, you can't shoot mines. Only grenades and RPGs in a very small radius destroy them. And of course tank shots, but hey pretty hard to see.

You're right that mines are hard to notice but instead of making them more visible we will try to make them less powerful, perhaps some new mechanics will have to be introduced. We'll balance it. 

I think people will eventually start to notice them. you cant really notice them all that much. I do think that they could be tested out as immobilization with decent damage instead of straight kills. Would make them more strategic in use in stead of place randomly to try and bag a kill.

I play tanks a lot in this game and mines are completely balanced right now. You can easily see them if you turn off your optics (or even switch camera) and if you know the map you also know the usual spots where they are. You can always shoot the ground if you are not sure and I dont even mention how easy it is to spot them with X so everyone in your team can see them.

But if you really want to "balance" them then reduce the damage a bit (to like 75%) and give players 3 of them instead of 2.

• Like 2

or if not nerfed, the mines have to disappear when the player die, it's the same feeling i have in BF4 when you kill a dude on foot, die, then respawn in a tank and die from the mines of the same dude you killed at the other side of the map, like wtf he set his mines 10 minutes ago he died 10 times and he keep killing you because he've sets some mines here and some there... really REALLY frustrating

3 hours ago, golgothic74 said:

or if not nerfed, the mines have to disappear when the player die, it's the same feeling i have in BF4 when you kill a dude on foot, die, then respawn in a tank and die from the mines of the same dude you killed at the other side of the map, like wtf he set his mines 10 minutes ago he died 10 times and he keep killing you because he've sets some mines here and some there... really REALLY frustrating

That would make them useless since most players do not stay alive for long especially if you are attacking objective. Limit players to plant like two or three mines at once would make more sense.

I still don't see the problem since even infantry can easily disable them (hold F near them to defuse them) or spot them for tanks (with X). I spawn like two tanks in every game and die to AT mines like once per 10 tank spawns. Just use your eyes and switch cameras in your vehicle.

This is really ironic that I have to defend AT mines while I play mostly in vehicle.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hagen said:

it's sad to see devs AND the players are defending the unskilled and coward way to deal with tanks, there's enough AT in the game already : other tanks, LAV, RPG and even snipers can destroy tanks BUT!.. you have to be good at the game and outplay the enemy! not just throwing stuff on the floor and boom 10 minutes of grind for nothing because a random dude throw one mine 15 minutes ago. and about the spotting mechanics, it's just like BF : no one use it, the whole team is casuals believing they are doing great with a 3-15 K/D.

1 hour ago, golgothic74 said:

it's sad to see devs AND the players are defending the unskilled and coward way to deal with tanks, there's enough AT in the game already : other tanks, LAV, RPG and even snipers can destroy tanks BUT!.. you have to be good at the game and outplay the enemy! not just throwing stuff on the floor and boom 10 minutes of grind for nothing because a random dude throw one mine 15 minutes ago. and about the spotting mechanics, it's just like BF : no one use it, the whole team is casuals believing they are doing great with a 3-15 K/D.

Using your logic isn't it kinda unskilled and lame when you die to AT mines? I mean they are not invisible and you have to literally move towards them. They are now even easier to spot with the improved lightning.

20181115193909_1.thumb.jpg.d8dd000128ade2ae86b22a84f4fd04c5.jpg

As you can see I think that I know thing or two about AT options against tanks and AT mines are NOT the problem (12,7mm AP rounds and teamkill punishes are the problem but that is for another thread).

That is why I defend them, because if anything they should be LESS visible and this whine for nerf-anything-that-kills-me is just unreasonable.

Edited by Hagen
  • Like 1

then it's an already dead game, i mean, the mines are small, make no sound and are dark colored, try to play on Berlin, or moscow, or varsaw, (lol that's all the map)!

In every environment they match the ground perfectly and are almost invisible! the only landmine that i could see was glitched on a slope, thermal and IR can't see them either...

So yes, landmines are the easy, unskilled, poltron tactic to destroy tanks.

And jumping in and out of the tank every meter to no blow up is not fun to play.

Also, i, as infantry, would prefer to land a skill shot with my RPG or my TOR on a tank than just seeing that i destroy a tank somewhere on the map from the mines that I had even forgotten i placed early game. it's just unfun to play with and against.

Another idea : limit the number of players who may have mines. Because everyone who have mines throw them everywhere, and the map feel like playing in the middle of Afghanistan in less than 10 minutes. 

On 11/11/2018 at 4:23 PM, FireDiamond said:

do not nerf but make visible so that we can see it well (at least with heatvisuel in the tank) or possibility that we may disturb it with shot

1 hour ago, golgothic74 said:

then it's an already dead game, i mean, the mines are small, make no sound and are dark colored, try to play on Berlin, or moscow, or varsaw, (lol that's all the map)!

In every environment they match the ground perfectly and are almost invisible! the only landmine that i could see was glitched on a slope, thermal and IR can't see them either...

So yes, landmines are the easy, unskilled, poltron tactic to destroy tanks.

And jumping in and out of the tank every meter to no blow up is not fun to play.

Also, i, as infantry, would prefer to land a skill shot with my RPG or my TOR on a tank than just seeing that i destroy a tank somewhere on the map from the mines that I had even forgotten i placed early game. it's just unfun to play with and against.

Another idea : limit the number of players who may have mines. Because everyone who have mines throw them everywhere, and the map feel like playing in the middle of Afghanistan in less than 10 minutes. 

I read a long time and saw that in the forum something similar was written
yes that's a big problem in the moment because we can not see in the tank mines with thermal view camera 
I think that will patch the next so we can mine in the tank with thermal view camera can see
as pinonier have seen several mines and destroyed
a little teamwork is needed too

1 hour ago, VBK-Anarchie said:

do not nerf but make visible so that we can see it well (at least with heatvisuel in the tank) or possibility that we may disturb it with shot

I read a long time and saw that in the forum something similar was written
yes that's a big problem in the moment because we can not see in the tank mines with thermal view camera 
I think that will patch the next so we can mine in the tank with thermal view camera can see
as pinonier have seen several mines and destroyed
a little teamwork is needed too

Why should you see AT mines with thermal? They are cold like everything else around them....they are not made from lava.

42 minutes ago, Hagen said:

Why should you see AT mines with thermal? They are cold like everything else around them....they are not made from lava.

we should not forget that it is still a game
if you come to me with truth we should start a war honor
or play Arma 3.ww3 is a game like all other games a little different so it should be
but if you came to me with real I have to write a lot of songs that has no paltz here

On 11/13/2018 at 9:27 AM, Kony said:

You're right that mines are hard to notice but instead of making them more visible we will try to make them less powerful, perhaps some new mechanics will have to be introduced. We'll balance it. 

It would be nice if the mines make less damage like, if you get hit, your tank or verhicle has a massive damage so the only thing you can do is to drive to your base back and repair. The Teamplay would prefer from it because a Sniper and a Heavy RPG would kill a tank but the tankdriver has a chance to get back and repair.

Beside that, it is sucha  nice feature that you can shot the sights of a tank ;)

In the next November patch with the new content, mines deal 600 DMG to vehicles, wait for the patch notes release.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Kony said:

In the next November patch with the new content, mines deal 600 DMG to vehicles, wait for the patch notes release.

what do you think about immobilization of tank, like effect of destroyed track after hitting mine?

1 minute ago, Andrew Anakin said:

what do you think about immobilization of tank, like effect of destroyed track after hitting mine?

We are considering this mechanic but it requires some time to implement it properly, and let's be honest, there are many matters that are more urgent.

4 hours ago, Andrew Anakin said:

I think it would make tanks, coffins on tracks. Considering how much effort and PTFO it takes to call in tank it could be very frustrating.

We have some ideas for a more complex dmg model for the vehicles like:
-damage to the rotating mechanism of a turret (for ex. turns left with full speed, right with some nerf)
-damaged barrel that makes using it a 50/50 explosion hazard
-breaking vehicle engine with anti-material rifle, etc.

Just some ideas, keep them coming.

This is a copy-and-paste idea from BF3/4, but another possible solution would be to add another mini-UGV with EOD capabilities that can act as a recon drone and has the function to detect and possibly dispose mines as a gadget (Of course without the ability to repair tanks as that would make it a little OP in the right hands).

Another idea from me would be to add some sort of mine detection system in place of the active protection system on vehicles as a trade off.

From what i see, the AT-mines in this game is quite balanced considering that the LAVs/Tanks can wipe out a whole squad of infantry easily in the right hands. Making them visible with thermal vision would just render them useless (like in BF3/4), but that's just me.