oos78

Toxic chat

YES to allowing the players to mute other players quickly and easily when they see fit.
NO for reporting people just for talking nonsense and trolling for fun. 

A big part of the reason I still play Rust is for the pure, unadulterated toxic chat.  There is complete freedom of speech on that game and everyone loves it. No one should be banned or muted for being toxic/cancerous, save the manpower and just let the players decide who to mute for themselves.  I and many others love toxic people, they're entertaining.

You should also implement a togglable chat filter that is turned on by default.

Edited by Grey Wolf Jack
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

So for the next chapter of the book you boys been writing. 

First of all: Censorship does not work anyway. There is 1oo d!ff€r€nt ways to write and it`s literally impossible to censor all the "bad words", despite the fact, that some perfectly legit conversation might also get censored. 

What i have experienced so far, is that the chat get`s mostly ignored. In the majority of games i play there has been maybe 5 - 10 Lines in Team chat and i very rarely ever look into ALL chat, but when i do there is not much there ether. For that reason i don`t think the problem is actually very bad. From my personal experience it is actually more or less the exception to see saltyness in Chat and mainly it happens when people do spawn camp (We`ve had a statement about spawn camping already). 

So however. I do totally understand the main reason for this topic. In some cases i even feel sorry for people that had their game ruined and i feel sorry for those who just had some fun without taking part in "bad" things and then they get to read all that stuff. In that matter i can also understand a censorship. I mean if i had the option to simply not see all that, then i would make use of it. If i understood everything correctly the Moderator and a few other are strictly against censorship, while few other are not. Well. "few". 

Anyway, you might have guessed that i`m neither for nor against it. For this reason i think that i wouldn`t exactly hurt anybody to make a little filter that you can turn on / off in the options. The majority seems to be against it, so i would recommend to leave it default "off" and then just let the user decide. At least that seems a more appropriate way to handle it, rather then discussing who is right and who is wrong. By the way: If you`re making a report function, you could add a specific person to the filter that you first have to turn on. The person that is active a lot with swear words could automatically fill the dictionary, but that`s a different thing. 

Farewell and have fun with the book. 

People need to toughen up a bit, there's always going to be toxic elements. But running to the developer and expecting them to censor everything is not the way forward. I think the best approach as mentioned by some here would be for users to simply be able to ignore other users (both text & voice chat when its a thing) so those who take offence at something can simply block the person. 

The only 'bad word' censorship should be optional and left off by default. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Grey Wolf Jack said:

I and many others love toxic people, they're entertaining.

Indeed, mate.

The funniest to me are the sensitive sallys who take offense very easily, plus they like to play the victim card.

Mute is always a option for those who cant toughen up or just want to play with out annoyance. So is a light optional non default filter.

Those few who still cant stand that the situation isn't pandering to them and that others saying things or even thinking things that they dont like they have to run off to tattle to the Gestapo to send the bad person off to the gulag.

People generally dont like moral busy bodies trying to regulate them and is a reason that a good amount of people dislike the discord so much and the situation in video main stream video games so much. Where they sacrifice the core gamer in order to try to be all inclusive thinking that will make them more money by caving to the non core community .

The troubling thing I just heard is that the dev are planing vote kick and banning of trolling.

From what I though talking to devs back a while ago was that they kinda disliked vote kicking because how abusable it is.

Pretty much every game Ive seen with vote kick has abused it more then made proper use of it. In my 180 hours of play I maybe only seen two cases of where it would have a purpose. For tankers it could be different but theirs other mechanics to be used to fix their issues.

I would highly distrust the players in this game to not missuses the vote kick. The system works better then most games out their right now.

For trolling what would define that and why is it a issue unless they are actual hindering the other players like with flash bangs in insurgency or just shooting them to lower the health or just TKing over and over again but that isn't trolling and is a different issues that can resolved other ways with out saying trolling people should be banned.

If some one gets trolled in chat then that's on them no need to pander to them especially with how people are labeling everything as trolling now a days.

Its the same situation as censoring the chat just block them and get over with it.

Putting the over-sensitive and easily offended above the rest of the communities want is not how you make a nice community its how you make jaded core that lashes out. People tend to not like be managed and controlled so dont go around trying to manage the community or you will get some upset players that lash out and would of been just fine if they had big brother over their shoulder.

Most of the community doesn't want policing.

2 hours ago, TZoningHard said:

Mute is always a option for those who cant toughen up or just want to play with out annoyance. So is a light optional non default filter.

Those few who still cant stand that the situation isn't pandering to them and that others saying things or even thinking things that they dont like they have to run off to tattle to the Gestapo to send the bad person off to the gulag.

People generally dont like moral busy bodies trying to regulate them and is a reason that a good amount of people dislike the discord so much and the situation in video main stream video games so much. Where they sacrifice the core gamer in order to try to be all inclusive thinking that will make them more money by caving to the non core community .

The troubling thing I just heard is that the dev are planing vote kick and banning of trolling.

From what I though talking to devs back a while ago was that they kinda disliked vote kicking because how abusable it is.

Pretty much every game Ive seen with vote kick has abused it more then made proper use of it. In my 180 hours of play I maybe only seen two cases of where it would have a purpose. For tankers it could be different but theirs other mechanics to be used to fix their issues.

I would highly distrust the players in this game to not missuses the vote kick. The system works better then most games out their right now.

For trolling what would define that and why is it a issue unless they are actual hindering the other players like with flash bangs in insurgency or just shooting them to lower the health or just TKing over and over again but that isn't trolling and is a different issues that can resolved other ways with out saying trolling people should be banned.

If some one gets trolled in chat then that's on them no need to pander to them especially with how people are labeling everything as trolling now a days.

Its the same situation as censoring the chat just block them and get over with it.

Putting the over-sensitive and easily offended above the rest of the communities want is not how you make a nice community its how you make jaded core that lashes out. People tend to not like be managed and controlled so dont go around trying to manage the community or you will get some upset players that lash out and would of been just fine if they had big brother over their shoulder.

Most of the community doesn't want policing.

Coming from a sissy that comment of yours is pretty mute.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Inox said:

Coming from a sissy that comment of yours is pretty mute.

hugs and kisses ❤️ 3 days of crushing on me

• Like 1