Sign in to follow this  
LewyMad

Headglitch - PTE

DESCRIPTION OF BUG: A similar problem that was in the BF3, the soldier shoots the top of the head, the upcoming opponent, there is almost no chance to see him, and even if it is hard to counter it 

GAME BUILD ID: 3297226

STEPS TO REPRODUCE: Simply, lean slightly out of the obstacles, then we see the enemy, and he does not, there is many more places worse than this on movie.

Edited by Damian360065
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I didn't really understand the problem here... All i'm seeing is the top of the head of a guy that is hiding behind a wall and then when he shoots he hits you even if the barrel of his gun is not visible. That is the same problem in EVERY multiplayer first person shooter I know (The Call of Duty franchise, Warface, Heroes and Generals, Black Squad, and many more...) You can hit what you can see no matter if the cannon of you gun is not aligned.

This wouldn't be a fix but a big change in the gameplay of this genre if the devs would make this working...

Now I may have misunderstand what you were saying...

44 minutes ago, giantjoe202 said:

I didn't really understand the problem here... All i'm seeing is the top of the head of a guy that is hiding behind a wall and then when he shoots he hits you even if the barrel of his gun is not visible. That is the same problem in EVERY multiplayer first person shooter I know (The Call of Duty franchise, Warface, Heroes and Generals, Black Squad, and many more...) You can hit what you can see no matter if the cannon of you gun is not aligned.

This wouldn't be a fix but a big change in the gameplay of this genre if the devs would make this working...

Now I may have misunderstand what you were saying...

The problem is the big advantage of the player who uses this glitch, in this game it's hard to see the opponent and the headglitch is even worse, people often confuse it with the fact that someone is invisible, because nothing stands in front of you and someone shoots from you, the solution may be an animation of leaving the weapon until the weapon with the greater part of the head will not be more visible

It's not really a glitch, it's a design choice, as far as I am aware. - projectiles originate from the head of the player, not the barrel of his gun. It has its advantages (mainly every time you see someone you are able to shoot him, without your weapon being stuck on some geometry due to the slight disconnect between third person and first person animations) and disadvantages, especially when paired with the leaning system like shown in the video, creating a "meta" tactic.

I am sure there's a middle ground solution that exists since implementing point shooting (simulating where the gun barrel is aiming at all times) at this stage of development will probably be really difficult, but the current situation makes holding an angle like that insanely hard to deal with, especially if paired with a heavy helmet.

• Like 1

This is, as @Gapis pointed out, just a result of the design decisions. The same problem is in most shooters, apart from those that take simulation very seriously, like EFT, Arma and (for some reason) Star Citizen. This also has some problems - if your weapon is behind cover, it will shoot at cover even if you see the enemy clear as day.

We chose to shoot from the center of the screen to make the game more responsive and avoid those problems, sacrificing perfect 1:1 bullet trajectories in the process. Since our maps don't have much verticality (because of urban combat) this is not as pronounced as in some other shooters.

3 hours ago, Ragir said:

This is, as @Gapis pointed out, just a result of the design decisions. The same problem is in most shooters, apart from those that take simulation very seriously, like EFT, Arma and (for some reason) Star Citizen. This also has some problems - if your weapon is behind cover, it will shoot at cover even if you see the enemy clear as day.

We chose to shoot from the center of the screen to make the game more responsive and avoid those problems, sacrificing perfect 1:1 bullet trajectories in the process. Since our maps don't have much verticality (because of urban combat) this is not as pronounced as in some other shooters.

I think it's not the right choice, especially when you have a so advanced body awarness. In Insurgency Sandstorm (a very realistic FPS too) when your gun is not well aligned, you cannot ADS because of a wall, then you have to move a little to be able to shoot. And They don't even have a body awarness... Even in some AAA games like Ubi's Ghost Recon Wildlands, you have that system. 

It's very frustrating, like in Warface, when you are below an enemy who's behind a wall and the only thing you can see of him is the top of his head, and he can see you perfectly and shoot you. You're offering the people a "glitch" they can exploit to win and this will cause a lot of people to ragequit because of this (you see people leaving from games and matches for much less)

We're not saying this won't change ever, but for now this is how it'll be, this is massive change in core mechanics and we've got more pressing matters to tend to for now.

• Like 1

Yeah I was going to make a post about this. It existed before 01.1 but wasn't used as much. people caught on to it more know tho.

I was worried about it ever since AMA, but to change it would mean a very big redesign and a lot of tech work to change where the projectiles come from.

Maybe in the future some band aid fixes like a check on if a object is line of sight in front of you  just below the hitscans LoS. But that its self would take some time and further optimization.

We won't leave this without trying to make it better, but it's a complicated issue. 

On 11/16/2018 at 11:47 PM, TZoningHard said:

check on if a object is line of sight in front of you  just below the hitscans LoS

We don't do hitscan if you shoot at something farther than ~7m, just FYI :)

Sign in to follow this