Sign in to follow this  
The Big Red 1

Kill cam

since spawn camping is a thing i am not sure what is the best solution to counter that. for me maybe a kill cam might help? that way it encourages players to keep moving and never stay in one spot for too long? idk it's just my opinion if there is a better solution i'm all ears.

• Like 2
  • Angry 2

Peak around corners. No kill cam please. This adds a feeling to be really aware where enemy can be. Believe me KC would not help. 

Please no. don't bring it to this game. but as a suggesion, if someone is camping other team "Main Base" should be always visible in the map without UAV.

It is like there is always a UAV survalence above each main base that would catch any base camper in certain radius.

Edited by RealFox

We are not planning on adding a killcam to the game, it would never work. We are, however, working on a new spawning system that takes into account if spawns are contested and chooses better ones. It'll be in testing in a week or two, so not that far away, it's a big priority for us, we see this as one of the biggest problems right now.

• Thanks 1

On 11/15/2018 at 9:49 AM, Ragir said:

We are not planning on adding a killcam to the game, it would never work. We are, however, working on a new spawning system that takes into account if spawns are contested and chooses better ones. It'll be in testing in a week or two, so not that far away, it's a big priority for us, we see this as one of the biggest problems right now.

I want to take this opportunity to talk about the spawn camping for a moment (sorry). 
But first things first: I agree, that kill cam is a bad Idea. Nobody wants it. 

The spawn camping is bad, that`s true and it gets pretty annoying. However, i do feel like it`s not as big of a deal as you might think it is. When 3 people spawn at base you can pretty easily shoot the campers, it`s not really a problem. Most of the campers are using automatic rifles and it does take a couple of shots to kill somebody, which gives a good hint about their position and they`ll die fairly quickly. I do not see spawn camping as often anymore already, without changing the whole spawn system. What makes me the most angry is when i spawn in and straight  away get one shot killed by a tank or tor and i think that is the real problem for most people. When being shot by a rifle you at least have a chance to hide and heal up again, but not when there is a tank or sniper shooting you in the face. 

Honestly i think the problem would be gone if you had like 3 seconds immunity after respawn, so you don`t die straight away and have a little bit of time to find some cover. Similar problems occur all over the battlefield, where you die from 1 shot and the hit marker doesn`t give a really good indication of where it came from. The sound is completely unreliably (sometimes it sounds like something is happening right behind me, when in reality it`s 50 meters away in front of me). Instead of having a death cam i would love to see the hit marker while i`m dead, so in other words don`t make it disappear. The system is there, so it`s nothing really game breaking and it doesn`t simply show where the enemy was, as you still got to search, but it gives me an idea where i can find the best cover to not instantly die again. 

You might be reading this, as if i was against the new spawn system but i`m not. I`m looking forward to it and i hope it`s going to be a great success. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, maddinii said:

I want to take this opportunity to talk about the spawn camping for a moment (sorry). 
But first things first: I agree, that kill cam is a bad Idea. Nobody wants it. 

The spawn camping is bad, that`s true and it gets pretty annoying. However, i do feel like it`s not as big of a deal as you might think it is. When 3 people spawn at base you can pretty easily shoot the campers, it`s not really a problem. Most of the campers are using automatic rifles and it does take a couple of shots to kill somebody, which gives a good hint about their position and they`ll die fairly quickly. I do not see spawn camping as often anymore already, without changing the whole spawn system. What makes me the most angry is when i spawn in and straight  away get one shot killed by a tank or tor and i think that is the real problem for most people. When being shot by a rifle you at least have a chance to hide and heal up again, but not when there is a tank or sniper shooting you in the face. 

Honestly i think the problem would be gone if you had like 3 seconds immunity after respawn, so you don`t die straight away and have a little bit of time to find some cover. Similar problems occur all over the battlefield, where you die from 1 shot and the hit marker doesn`t give a really good indication of where it came from. The sound is completely unreliably (sometimes it sounds like something is happening right behind me, when in reality it`s 50 meters away in front of me). Instead of having a death cam i would love to see the hit marker while i`m dead, so in other words don`t make it disappear. The system is there, so it`s nothing really game breaking and it doesn`t simply show where the enemy was, as you still got to search, but it gives me an idea where i can find the best cover to not instantly die again. 

You might be reading this, as if i was against the new spawn system but i`m not. I`m looking forward to it and i hope it`s going to be a great success. 

3 seconds of immunity would be broken af. You could spawn 4 ppl on your squad leader when he arrives on a point and just kill everyone within seconds. I mean its a really bad idea for alot of scenarios.

And the hit marker is broken imo, too many times it told me someone was shooting me from behind when the enemy was in front, causing me to turn 180 degrees for nothing. I barely pay attention to it anymore and rely purely on sound which I think isnt as bad as you say.

Edited by Tweak

oh yea lets make a more realistic /milsim shooter and do what every arcade shooter does... NO THANKS, spawncamping can be taken care of by other methods. Kill cam would ruin the entire game for me

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Skillezzzz said:

yeah i agree with you Tweak but it would work if the 3 seconds of immunity where only in base spawns

That`s what i meant. Only at base, not at objectives. 

I'm sorry, but there will be no kill cam in WW3. The decision was made looooong time ago and we still like it. Power positioning and sneaky play would be totally ruined in our opinion. Wait for the new spawn system. We are currently testing it and the results are promising.

• Like 1

Kill cams don't add anything to the game experience and are rarely actually accurate, if anything the only purpose it serves is to give away a person's position because people are too lazy/incompetent to find someone. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, maddinii said:

Honestly i think the problem would be gone if you had like 3 seconds immunity [...]

We saw it in many games before. It's not a very good solution especially  taking into considiration our spawn on leader. Ppl would pop into existence, u would spray your full clip into them, and than die from 1 lazy burst. It would shift the advantage from tactical players to inpatient aggressive players and it's very arcade like.

4 hours ago, Morp said:

We saw it in many games before. It's not a very good solution especially  taking into considiration our spawn on leader. Ppl would pop into existence, u would spray your full clip into them, and than die from 1 lazy burst. It would shift the advantage from tactical players to inpatient aggressive players and it's very arcade like.

and if there is only spawn protection for 3 seconds in spawn bases to avoid spawn killing?

• Like 1

the enemy shouldnt be able to be in your base any more they fixed the death field

Edited by TZoningHard
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Skillezzzz said:

and if there is only spawn protection for 3 seconds in spawn bases to avoid spawn killing?

Right now there is a bug where on Warsaw 30 battlezones masks stoped working. There shouldn't be an option to drive/walk into enemy base. So the immunity could only protect you from FF. Which dosen't happen too often in main base, and if it does, u have a lot of time to heal. We are focused on fixing the spawn system as a whole, and than, if the problem remains we will read some alternative solutions.

Sign in to follow this