D34THNOTE

Isn't World War 3 basically dead?

Today I tried to play at least one match in ww3 but we didn't get a single game with anyone in enemy team on Moscow for like an hour

On Steam Charts atm game has about 650 people playing(17:00 in Poland) so I feel like my money is wasted and the game is going same road as Post Scriptum for example.

Is it only?

• Like 2

Its still in Early Access and a test is being conducted.

The game will improve and more players will get the game. 

I don't care how many play as long as its a great game and fun to play. 

There are very few people playing due to server and performance issues. Once they are fixed and people will realize we are not abandoning the game but expanding it with systhematic patches and updates they will come back. We're not too worried about that, we are worried about fixing everything so the game is fully functional.

Remember Battlefield 3, For Honor, Rainbow Six Siege and any other game that had huge issues at release and was considered "dead on arrival", but then gathered a major following through continued work and support. We aim to be one of those games.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5

Honestly I think they managed the game release very poorly, I keep seeing developers saying that they don't worry too much about player count right now, but having that problem  at launch which took a lot of time to solve, ( time in which 90% of players who bought the game left, some refunded, some waiting for further development), and lack of communication during this time, all this combined with the classic EA bugs/glitches lead to an inability to retain a bigger number of players to continue testing their game. 

Even if you are in EA, you still need players to test your game and provide enough feedback to help you polish the game. 

If they won't release some big update soon (I'm talking about a new gamemode level update along with major bug fixing), I think that in about 1-2 months they won't have enough players to even get in-game feedback from. 

At the moment, after seeing how all things rolled out I believe I bet on the wrong horse by choosing to keep the game, I hope they prove me wrong.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

Just now, Lazyyawn said:

If they won't release some big update soon (I'm talking about a new gamemode level update along with major bug fixing),

That's the November Update, coming next week. Major bugfixing, server stability improvements, new gamemode with a dedicated map, performance updates, new content.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I have a feeling "next week" in WW3 is always "another next week". So next week we will have next week and next week after next week we will have another next week... I'm really confused right now. 

So this week we will have this big patch with patch notes you wrote on forum which was supposed to be realeased last week and which you are testing right now right?

And next week we will have another big patch with TDM and small Warsaw map and all this stuff which was suppose to be realeased mid Nov right?

Ok so where is Recon? It was supposed to be realeased on 19th Oct. Then you delayed it for about 1 month. So 1 month is passing by and you said it will be delivered about 20th Nov and then you delayed it to end of Nov. And now you even dont mention Recon at all.

Come on, what is going on? People are confused and not only they are telling different dates but it's also you, other CMs, devs and CEO as a whole F51 company :P

I dont mean to be offensive here. You are doing good job but I just want to know what and when to expect. And from my perspective it looks like you have a big mess in your plans and communication with players.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Angry 2

2 hours ago, Qoopa said:

I have a feeling "next week" in WW3 is always "another next week". So next week we will have next week and next week after next week we will have another next week... I'm really confused right now. 

So this week we will have this big patch with patch notes you wrote on forum which was supposed to be realeased last week and which you are testing right now right?

And next week we will have another big patch with TDM and small Warsaw map and all this stuff which was suppose to be realeased mid Nov right?

Ok so where is Recon? It was supposed to be realeased on 19th Oct. Then you delayed it for about 1 month. So 1 month is passing by and you said it will be delivered about 20th Nov and then you delayed it to end of Nov. And now you even dont mention Recon at all.

Come on, what is going on? People are confused and not only they are telling different dates but it's also you, other CMs, devs and CEO as a whole F51 company :P

I dont mean to be offensive here. You are doing good job but I just want to know what and when to expect. And from my perspective it looks like you have a big mess in your plans and communication with players.

Okay so to clear things up a bit:

This week you will get the patch that is currently on the PTE. We wanted to get it out earlier but found a number of issues that needed to be adressed before pushing it out.

Next week is planned for the November Update, which will bring the new content and which was meant to be the "big" patch of this month, including TDM, the small Warsaw map and other stuff.

Recon was planned for release but we found that there was such a need for polishing of what we had in the pre-release test builds that it was put off until we can properly test out and finish that game mode. After that the launch happened and we were busy putting out the fires 24/7, so that did cause slips in our timetable. In the time that was planned to be spent on polishing Recon and new content our coders had to re-do half of the game's networking infrastructure on a 24h work basis. This also caused the issues in communication as we literaly had no time to properly communicate what we were doing (which was another issue we currently want to adress, as we, to quote a higher up, "work our asses off to fix everything and no one knows jack sh*t about that").

So, as you can see, the release issues caused a ton of chaos and it's obvious we had to reorganize our time table. Because of that the patch notes went public before we were able to finalize them (and the patch) and that caused some commotion. We know this became a problem and we have already implemented internal workflow changes to make sure this won't happen again.

The Roadmap will be released very soon (should be within a week) and you will see a timetable for planned releases and updates. I can already tell you that there will be monthly major content updates starting with the November Update. We are aware we ran into issues with player communication and we're working on improving that. Of course, things get better as the workflow normalizes, we're almost done with the test build of the November Update that brings major server/connectivity fixes and should help a lot to stabilize the situation.

As per Recon - It's coming, you'll see everything on the Roadmap.

Sorry for all of the confusion, we were barely able to keep up with what was happening ourselves. As per differences - We're not PR people but real developers of the game and when we post things it's to our current knowledge of the things we do daily and not according to a predefined PR scenario. We answer to the best of our current knowledge but when shake ups happen things can slip in the timetable. At the same time, we know you guys are growing impatient and want to give you some conrete information instead of PR promises. This did backfire when timetables slipped (as they always do in gamedev) and we (and I) are growing more wary of giving precise dates. Still, I don't want to feed you guys with "Soon" stuff because that's not what you want, need or deserve to hear right now.

Edited by Borreh
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 11

On 11/10/2018 at 3:10 PM, AllTheGearNoIdea said:

Also I was jesting in my tone because I am so sick and tired of all these entitled millennial's coming in here and moaning, CONSTANTLY. Patience is a lost virtue these days.

Anything new ? Game is dead ? Game needs this ? Game needs that ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Angry 1

@Borreh just remember that the loud impatient people are not your whole player base i know there are still many like me who love what you're doing and is excited for the future of this game. we know it will take time we would rather have a fantastic game in a year plus time than a shitty one thats done tomorrow. keep up the great work and dont get discouraged!

Edited by Uglylittlebush
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I hope it doesn't die just yet. I think it has a lot of potential and I do enjoy it.

• Like 2

@Borreh

thanks for keeping it real. I get tired of all the PR talk PR pros do. Its nice and refreshing to see real people communicate in a manner that isn't  talking down or in a round about way.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Uglylittlebush said:

@Borreh just remember that the loud impatient people are not your whole player base i know there are still many like me who love what you're doing and is excited for the future of this game. we know it will take time we would rather have a fantastic game in a year plus time than a shitty one thats done tomorrow. keep up the great work and dont get discouraged!

"Many"? You mean these 900 players in 24h peak? Let's not forget that we started with 5k online and now it's under 1000... Look at the charts. This game is losing 100-200 players/day. I'm pretty sure next week we're gonna see max 600-700 in 24h peak.

Edited by Yolocaust1337
  • Like 1

32/32 is the max not 40/40.

You might of meant 20/20 maps which are full matches take 3-4 players sometimes.

11 hours ago, Uglylittlebush said:

Sorry, but those players are also the ones that leave a game very fast. So they are a share of the people who stop playing the game. Apart from that you also still have the silent majority that just stops playing the game without saying anything. The result is the same. Less people are playing the game. 

It also doesnt matter how much people "love" a game. At the end of a day they also want to play and don't to play on empty servers. This is exactly how a good game dies, even if it could be great in the future. 

16 hours ago, Qoopa said:

toxic gaming community right there in one post. entitled bitches. how old, six?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, 4N4LD1R4NG3M3N7 said:

toxic gaming community right there in one post. entitled bitches. how old, six?

Stop calling everyone you don't agree with toxic. The big irony is that you are the toxic one right now and that you use entitled as a insult.

• A customer is by definition entitled. 
  • Nobody will buy you a beer or pat you on the shoulder for "defending" a game/developer

Qoopa rightfully expressed his opinion that the developers have so far not delivered anything in regard to new content and much needed improvements. 

Edited by Schlagerfreund
  • Thanks 1

Yeah the delays hurt the pop a lot but that couldn't be helped. You cant just release shitty patches that would also hurt and maybe more as they will now have less faith in the future of the game if they see shitty patches.

There was a lot of work that set everything back. you cant just ignore the games begin broken to work on content drops.

The biggest issue with people coming in to play is the performance. performance lowers the pool of possible players the most. If only people that have really good PCs can even play the game at decent then you are missing out on most PC gamers. Peoples expectations of decent also changes but is usually on the higher end with expectations.

The next is frustration from BS which is mainly spawn and some balance issues.

0.1.4 is the next big patch it could change to 0.1.5 or higher but its is coming this week and greatly improves performance along with fixes base camping and vepr. The performance increase alone with will be what brings peopel back as they can now actually play the game.

Lessons from Planetside 2 is that the game is amazing and one of the best ever but its is limited in the people that can run the game and that is a well know reason its Playerbase is small. It was meant to be a accessible f2p game but wasn't accessible do to performance.

most people haven't played enough of the game to be out of content, but recon would bring in people who haven't left do to performance.

48 minutes ago, Schlagerfreund said:

Stop calling everyone you don't agree with toxic. The big irony is that you are the toxic one right now and that you use entitled as a insult.

• A customer is by definition entitled. 
  • Nobody will buy you a beer or pat you on the shoulder for "defending" a game/developer

Qoopa rightfully expressed his opinion that the developers have so far not delivered anything in regard to new content and much needed improvements. 

Two weeks = not delivering. Okay. 

Game is a POS as it stands. They should of left it until Jan to release. Played a couple of hours and then uninstalled until they fix it. I got better things to do than REEEEEEEEE! on here about massively complex coding problems that are not fixed to my schedule. Its EA. You take a risk.

Edited by 4N4LD1R4NG3M3N7
Forgot to add something.
  • Confused 1

@Borreh Are you a developer, or a community manager ? I feel Like you are doing much more than you should and every comment of yours give munch more info about the game and it's status, than all of the community managers combined . They should at least try to copy paste your replies in form of updates/tweets/ or something, I feel like you are giving so much useful information but it reaches to few people.  

Edited by Lazyyawn

As Mark Twain once wrote, (paraphrased!) The news of this game's death is greatly exaggerated! 

It is only beginning, not close to dying.

What makes me wonder, if you dislike the game so much, why come to this forum and simply complain? If you haver connections issues, I understand, but just to gripe about player count this early makes no sense. 

1 hour ago, Lazyyawn said:

@Borreh Are you a developer, or a community manager ? I feel Like you are doing much more than you should and every comment of yours give munch more info about the game and it's status, than all of the community managers combined . They should at least try to copy paste your replies in form of updates/tweets/ or something, I feel like you are giving so much useful information but it reaches to few people.  

18 hours ago, Borreh said:

As per differences - We're not PR people but real developers of the game and when we post things it's to our current knowledge of the things we do daily and not according to a predefined PR scenario. We answer to the best of our current knowledge but when shake ups happen things can slip in the timetable.

Read the whole post maybe ? 

But yeah I agree that some of his posts/statements should be published elsewhere aswell as actual news to calm people down.

Edited by Tweak