D34THNOTE

Isn't World War 3 basically dead?

1 hour ago, Kingkat54 said:

As Mark Twain once wrote, (paraphrased!) The news of this game's death is greatly exaggerated! 

It is only beginning, not close to dying.

What makes me wonder, if you dislike the game so much, why come to this forum and simply complain? If you haver connections issues, I understand, but just to gripe about player count this early makes no sense. 

If it's directed to me, I don't dislike game itself. I dislike constant fps drops making it sometimes unplayable and player count not letting me play the game against actual enemies

I just asked for opinions because why not since I can't play for now

If they'll fix performance and other stuff I will come back, that's for sure, I'm just not sure if others will. They didn't in Post Scriptum which gives me bad feeling

Also, I don't know if we can compare this game to titles like Battlefield, which is being made by big studio that for sure has enough manpower and skill to handle problems like bad connection, lack of FPS etc.

I am not saying they can't fix this game, I just don't know and I'm concerned

11 minutes ago, D34THNOTE said:

If it's directed to me, I don't dislike game itself. I dislike constant fps drops making it sometimes unplayable and player count not letting me play the game against actual enemies

I just asked for opinions because why not since I can't play for now

If they'll fix performance and other stuff I will come back, that's for sure, I'm just not sure if others will. They didn't in Post Scriptum which gives me bad feeling

Also, I don't know if we can compare this game to titles like Battlefield, which is being made by big studio that for sure has enough manpower and skill to handle problems like bad connection, lack of FPS etc.

I am not saying they can't fix this game, I just don't know and I'm concerned

When the game runs better, alot of people will probably come back. There are those who enjoy the game but cant really play it because of the issues, those will wait until the game is playable and then start playing again. Then you have the crybaby kids who already refunded/uninstalled/went back to Fortnite etc which would have quit the game in a month or two anyways, so no loss there.

Soon we get a Battle Royale-ish mode which will hopefully attract alot of people if the release of it doesnt turn out to be a disaster. And yeah, im also gonna go with the stupid "argument" everybody hates, its early access. You really shouldnt think about the player base right now given the issues of the game, wait a few months and then we will see.

Edited by Tweak

I said, I understand the connection issues, performance issues, etc. (it took me almost 3 weeks to get connected, so I appreciate the frustration)  but this is an Earl Access build, it will have issues and problems. I am willing to wait and see a great game emerge.  I think  many of us need to have patience and wait. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'll answer the OP and the second post :

For my part, I had problems to connect during the first days like everyone else and then when the 14.8 MB patching stream began I was saved ! Now I can play both EA and PTE version with no particular connection issues. The only thing that bothers me is that I cannot play 2 following matches because I'm always out of video memory and I have to restart the game (I'm using OBS to record my playing sessions, maybe it comes from that...) and the crashes that can occur when going back to the War Map when finishing a match (this occurs a lot when I click War Map instead of waiting).

But everything is fine and the more I play, the more I think the player behavior is one of the best I have enounter in FPS ! The guns are violent and feel very very nice (except for the sound but this will change I guess).

These days I'm playing Warface, Insurgency Sandstorm and World War 3, and even if the third is the less advanced game in its developpment, I have to say that it's my favorite just because of the sensation you have playing it...

Keep the good work, guys !  ❤️ F51 :) 

• Like 3

Lemme jump in and say that we're not worried about playercount *yet*. Game didn't work for a lot of people, there are some obvious problems with respawn system (new one will be tested on TDM in the next patch), match length, basecamping and so on. You will see that we can make much faster and more substantial updates than bigger companies, because we don't have a big chain of command that's slowing everything down. You can read about our plans in the Devlog we published not long ago. Roadmap should be out this week, as well as PTE patch.

Apart from the launch problems, we fully expected some people to not get our Early Access plan. Remember, we launched in this state precisely because you can still influence the game while it's being put together. We're reading all the feedback and we will have polls that will let our players choose what's in the game. Roadmap is the first step, so you can understand our plan of development and later make changes to it, so we make a great shooter together.

World War 3 has great shooting mechanics (not finalized, but solid beginning), good netcode (see Battlenonsense's video if you don't believe me - especially take a look at how little data we're sending compared to other shooters with large playercounts and vehicles). We've got a lot of base mechanics down, like vehicle combat, ballistics (we simulate each projectile, they can go through walls and ricochet), armor system, heavily modular weapons and vehicles. There's a lot already done, now it's time to polish it up and add missing stuff.

I'm confident that once the word goes out the game is working, most of our players will be back and having fun. We've got great plans and we intend on delivering, but it's totally understandable that some people don't believe us - it's on us to proove we're worth the trust :)

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

Also, now as we got some income it enables us to grow a little bit (as a company). We will be able to communicate more/better, and work faster. Until that happens we are here a little bit overwhelmed and we really count on your support guyz. We belive that our hard work will payoff at the end and attract more and more players. Lets call our launch a little bit slow, but calling the game dead is a bit unfair, imo (people didn't even seen the roadmap yet)

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys
Who bought an EA game
and never in forum online has never understood the EA game
or just comes in and makes a treat and asks what has changed? can one play now?
or in the game write something in chat and ask !!!
I think with an EA you have to know before buying that it is not finished game and is always built on mutual
We need to help DEV TEam to post in the bug, which will help us to correct these mistakes
WW3 has great potential and I will be there until the end
Thanks to everyone

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

exactly! That is what early access is all about. The community giving input to make the game better.

Edited by Axlerod

2 hours ago, Axlerod said:

exactly! That is what early access is all about. The community giving input to make the game better.

I'll be happy to give input when I can get past the matchmaking screen and actually play. Three weeks and I still haven't played a single match.

2 hours ago, Quadsword said:

I'll be happy to give input when I can get past the matchmaking screen and actually play. Three weeks and I still haven't played a single match.

please give me your data regarding pc,please write me private message I will help you

• Like 2

Game feels dead. Tried playing around 10PM PST last night after I got home from work, Steam said 300 players online, waited for 15 minutes to try to quick join on a match, got nowhere. Not on PTE branch, never bothered trying it out. That being said I'm going to keep trying; the developers have something very special here, and I had more fun in the 20 hours I've spent playing this than the ~200 hours I've spent on BF4 hardcore servers.  

Edited by callforhelp
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

FARM 51

We are still HERE !!

And we will be here for long, my WHOLE Team is standing by and as much we can, we will keep testing and reporting  bugs etc.

We support you and dont flak by ! Keep doing what you are doing and the CRUNCH TIME will be worth at the end.

As we say  - SLOW And SMOOTH - SMOOTH IS FAST -  ( keep the pace ) .

?

We understand rocky pads are gonna be on the road , but nobody said it was gonna be an "eyewash" easy- right ?!  , you embarked in the middle of a Multimedia WAR !!

And you Prevail .

You  ( The StudioFarm51 )  still working hard and communicating, leaving open the channels of interaction and feedback and that says a LOT of you GUYS !!!

Appreciated .

The people that left now , are going to return as soon the Multimedia Product gets optimization. better performance. tune Sound , gameplays and MAPS !!

We know all this is coming our way and we cant wait to see the results of all your work !!

Thank you very much

AND CARRY ON !!

One hard battle down... but, the WAR ... the WAR it's  ON !

KING REGARDS 

HALCON4 - WW3k4to01

• Like 5

On 11/15/2018 at 10:34 AM, Ragir said:

...Roadmap should be out this week, as well as PTE patch...

So what's with the roadmap? No I don't want to troll, I just want to know and looking forward to it ?

PTE patch was there last week, Roadmap is being delayed to Live Patch 0.2 release (likely tomorrow). It's *very* detailed and full of content, it's not your standard 5 banners with a few lines of text, it's almost a production plan, so it takes time. I think its better to make it proper and not just push out, so that's why it's been delayed a few days.

• Like 2

On 11/15/2018 at 11:53 PM, callforhelp said:

Game feels dead. Tried playing around 10PM PST last night after I got home from work, Steam said 300 players online, waited for 15 minutes to try to quick join on a match, got nowhere. Not on PTE branch, never bothered trying it out. That being said I'm going to keep trying; the developers have something very special here, and I had more fun in the 20 hours I've spent playing this than the ~200 hours I've spent on BF4 hardcore servers.  

This is a bug that is already fixed - As it turned out the game, when having no open servers and having 10 people that wanted to join a game would create 10 servers with 1 player each instead of a single one with 10 people. So it gives off a feeling the player amounts are much lower than they are in reality - But it took us a while to notice this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/15/2018 at 11:34 AM, Ragir said:

Lemme jump in and say that we're not worried about playercount *yet*. Game didn't work for a lot of people, there are some obvious problems with respawn system (new one will be tested on TDM in the next patch), match length, basecamping and so on. You will see that we can make much faster and more substantial updates than bigger companies, because we don't have a big chain of command that's slowing everything down. You can read about our plans in the Devlog we published not long ago. Roadmap should be out this week, as well as PTE patch.

Apart from the launch problems, we fully expected some people to not get our Early Access plan. Remember, we launched in this state precisely because you can still influence the game while it's being put together. We're reading all the feedback and we will have polls that will let our players choose what's in the game. Roadmap is the first step, so you can understand our plan of development and later make changes to it, so we make a great shooter together.

World War 3 has great shooting mechanics (not finalized, but solid beginning), good netcode (see Battlenonsense's video if you don't believe me - especially take a look at how little data we're sending compared to other shooters with large playercounts and vehicles). We've got a lot of base mechanics down, like vehicle combat, ballistics (we simulate each projectile, they can go through walls and ricochet), armor system, heavily modular weapons and vehicles. There's a lot already done, now it's time to polish it up and add missing stuff.

I'm confident that once the word goes out the game is working, most of our players will be back and having fun. We've got great plans and we intend on delivering, but it's totally understandable that some people don't believe us - it's on us to proove we're worth the trust :)

As everytime as in discord clear and with serious matter (it's not possible in companies with sponsors) i cannot want more of this !

Do you have current player-counts? I got the feeling that there are very little players left.

Every evening I start recognizing about 20% of the players in every round while these are randomized.

Additional there are evenings where I see like 20 people in 3/5 rounds on a server.

Feeling really insecure, while the game is really geting more and more fun...