Sign in to follow this  
Debus

Add a Server Browser. Or at least more regions.

Is it true that this game doesn't have a server browser?

I say "is this true", because there is no way that I'm paying money for this game until there is a browser. It wont work otherwise.

Apparently there are a bunch of Australian servers... that no one plays in... because you CAN'T SELECT AUSTRALIA AS A REGION.

Not only that... how are you supposed to organise to play with friends or other clans when you can't pick a server to play in?

I started another topic over in General about this. Essentially, not having a server browser is killing this game in Australia and New Zealand. The ability to manually choose a server is crucial, because AUS and NZ are so isolated from the rest of the world. We play in our own little bubble down here. If we can't pick Australian servers, we are going to have a terrible time. Not only that, but when the player base is just starting, you need to be able to pick servers that are populated.

I've seen a lot of complaints from Australians about being put into USA or Asian servers, where we will have terrible ping. I can't stress this enough. No server browser = this game will fail Australia and New Zealand. And the sooner it is implemented the better, or people will just get frustrated with the beta and leave.

Failing having an actual server browser, you at the very least need to be able to chose an Australian region. That's not perfect, but it's at least something.

Of course, a server browser with filters for region or ping  is a far better option.

• Like 2

Server browser is not there, because we have to first make the matchmaking work well and test it, we might add a server browser in the future, but for now it's matchmaking only.

As for your misinformed suggestion, that there are no Australian servers, if you select default "Play World War 3" from the region selector it will put you on OC/AS master Server which is also taking care of Australia.

It's like this:

• Normal = The best pinging region
  • NA = NA + SA
  • EU = EU + AF
  • AS = AS + OC

We'll change that to make it more clear, but Australian servers are there and working fine. We've got them all over the world, those are the locations we support right now:

image.png

• Like 1

I appreciate the feedback. But, you really need to change this.

No one in Australia or New Zealand will pick AS (Asia) as their region if they don't know the above, because we are NOT part of Asia. We never select Asia as a region.

The way the internet is cabled around the world, Australia and New Zealand actually have better internet to the west coast of the USA. On any other game, this means that when we can't pick an Australian / Oceania region, we pick West Coast USA.

Asia has terrible ping to Oceania, so no one would ever think of selecting "Asia" as their region if they are in Oceania.

I imagine it will be the same for a lot of other places around the world. (South America, etc.)

Instead of having :...

• NA = NA + SA
  • EU = EU + AF
  • AS = AS + OC

What you should have is tick-boxes ...

NA       SA        EU       AF        AS       OC

That will be FAR clearer to people how the regions work.

Thanks for replying anyway, most of the time you don't ever get any feedback in game forums.

Edited by Debus

You can't do it in Steam, it's not up to us, and we weren't going to have a selector at all, but we've added it to let people choose where they want to play. It will dissapear at some point, once our backend is working 100%.

If you can add a filter for a game mode, why can't you just give the servers in each location another field for the location?

Or is it not possible to add a simple filter and just filter by name, and put the server location in the name?

Being able to chose the location where you play is very important for a lot of people.

This is literally the one thing that has stopped me from buying the game.

Edited by Debus

NA + SA doesnt work well!!! COD has failed miserable in Brazil and SA because of that, take it as example and do better! Everyone in South america doesnt want to play on NA server because we get 120 ping mostly of time more than that!

If you have a Sao Paulo server let us choose it or your game will fail in SA for Sure! Listen your community! SA is one of the biggest community gamer in the world!

Sign in to follow this