Sign in to follow this  
Nyquist

Performance after 11/14/18 patch!

Today the game updated. The overall performance is better(using performance boost enabled) but in the rainy map it still has great frame rate drops, main in the garden inside building, Its the C1 point I think. Also next the big hole (C2 point) in the street there are frame drops.

In my system, the frame rate, most of the time is above 60fps reaching up to 77 fps but in certain locations on the rainy map it drop to 40 or even below!

Cpu core i5 6600k

Gpu - Rx480 8Gb ram

System ram - 16Gb DDR4

Edited by Nyquist
correcting text.
  • Like 2

YesI am seeing better ping and performance it good that this has improved the devs have alot of work though with all the desync and glitchs that happem though so this patch is far from even imperfect in my opionion.

As I stated on the chat yesterday I found the classic EA version a little bit buggier and not as smooth as the PTE. I dunno if it has something to do with the server load, because I guess there are more people playing on EA than PTE.

It's nice to hear the game works better for you. But we are far from done with optimizations. You can't 100% optimize something that isn't 100% finished. We will introduce a small TDM gamemode where people with not so powerfull cpu can have great performance, so stay tunned.

• Like 2

the game plays much worse for me after the patch; was pretty smooth before, with the odd stutter. now its constant stutter.... practically unplayable really. shame as i think the games really good and was enjoying it a lot until the new patch...

Edited by Nexa

For me unfortunately the situation is the same as it was before the patch: massive stuttering and constant frame drops.

i5 4590, GTX970, 12 GB RAM

Unfortunately I can't paint a positive picture. It ran almost flawlessly before the patch (I guess I was one of the lucky ones). Now it just feels 'wrong'. I wish I could put in to proper language but that's all I've got. The weaponry doesn't feel the same - they feel more clunky and imprecise. I'm crashing a lot more for no obvious reason. I don't pay attention to FPS because I am not obsessed with it and have a 60hz monitor, but the game feels somehow 'floaty'. Call it netcode i suppose? It just feels wrong. I die very quickly and it feels like it is by one shot from a weapon. This didn't happen before. If I died it felt I deserved it. I will stick with this game because it is great and I hope for further improvements BUT I can't say this patch has improved the gameplay and 'feel' of the game. For me it has made it worse.

1080TI / I7-8700k / 32GB RAM

Edit: 5 minutes later: I just entered 2 games and randomly disconnect after 60 seconds...

Edited by AllTheGearNoIdea

21 minutes ago, AllTheGearNoIdea said:

Unfortunately I can't paint a positive picture. It ran almost flawlessly before the patch (I guess I was one of the lucky ones). Now it just feels 'wrong'. I wish I could put in to proper language but that's all I've got. The weaponry doesn't feel the same - they feel more clunky and imprecise. I'm crashing a lot more for no obvious reason. I don't pay attention to FPS because I am not obsessed with it and have a 60hz monitor, but the game feels somehow 'floaty'. Call it netcode i suppose? It just feels wrong. I die very quickly and it feels like it is by one shot from a weapon. This didn't happen before. If I died it felt I deserved it. I will stick with this game because it is great and I hope for further improvements BUT I can't say this patch has improved the gameplay and 'feel' of the game. For me it has made it worse.

1080TI / I7-8700k / 32GB RAM

Edit: 5 minutes later: I just entered 2 games and randomly disconnect after 60 seconds...

get gud scrub.. jk i agree to an extent but at the same time i like the way it feels let me explain. although i may not be experiencing the same netcode issues you are the inaccuracy of weapons and the more sluggish overall feel is apparent especially in the heavier weight class. after the PTE i almost exclusively play in the lightweight class and i feel like a butterfly on speed. as soon as i switch to my medium or heavy tank buster classes i feel like a fat kid who just left little ceasers. but this is in my opinion a good thing. it gives a penalty for trying to be the terminator and equiping a 50.cal sniper and an rpg with level 4 armor which by nature should be extremely overpowered but you move like a slug through quicksand, so people dont do this all the time. i really enjoy running a smg with a lightweight sniper rifle. sure i cant kill in .2 seconds (more like .215 for me ;) ) but i really enjoy the movement and the overall nature of the game from the lightweight perspective. 

as to accuracy im not sure what happend but before the patch i ran a g36 with attachments and it felt like a laser beam. i would go 30 and 10 just because of this weapon, now it is much much less acurate, i dont remember seeing a direct change in the patch notes but again this is for the best. real guns arent laser beams they are hard to manipulate and under rapid fire difficult to control (not saying the game should be 1 to 1 real but it helps for immersion to be somewhat accurate) i find the balance is generally better for the weapons and who knows maybe change up your loadouts and you might find that you enjoy a certain setup very differant from your previous?

all the best :)

edit: btw thats gotta be a badass rig, very nice

Edited by Uglylittlebush

2 minutes ago, Uglylittlebush said:

get gud scrub.. jk i agree to an extent but at the same time i like the way it feels let me explain. although i may not be experiencing the same netcode issues you are the inaccuracy of weapons and the more sluggish overall feel is apparent especially in the heavier weight class. after the PTE i almost exclusively play in the lightweight class and i feel like a butterfly on speed. as soon as i switch to my medium or heavy tank buster classes i feel like a fat kid who just left little ceasers. but this is in my opinion a good thing. it gives a penalty for trying to be the terminator and equiping a 50.cal sniper and an rpg with level 4 armor which by nature should be extremely overpowered but you move like a slug through quicksand, so people dont do this all the time. i really enjoy running a smg with a lightweight sniper rifle. sure i cant kill in .2 seconds (more like .215 for me ;) ) but i really enjoy the movement and the overall nature of the game from the lightweight perspective. 

as to accuracy im not sure what happend but before the patch i ran a g36 with attachments and it felt like a laser beam. i would go 30 and 10 just because of this weapon, now it is much much less acurate, i dont remember seeing a direct change in the patch notes but again this is for the best. real guns arent laser beams they are hard to manipulate and under rapid fire difficult to control (not saying the game should be 1 to 1 real but it helps for immersion to be somewhat accurate) i find the balance is generally better for the weapons and who knows maybe change up your loadouts and you might find that you enjoy a certain setup very differant from your previous?

You make good points but I was running all my classes on 'light', in pre and post patch. Bah, it doesn't matter. Maybe the feeling of 'somehow wrong' will even out. I hope so. It's veyr frustrating...it was SO good before. Now it's shite.

The frame rate drop I mentioned before only occurs in the rainy map, the shopping map and snow map runs good here!

One detail that also think that should be changed is the weapon recoil. I've mentioned about that in another topic. The case is that recoil feels more randomic that it should be. Compared to other games like Battlefield, PUBG, Insurgency, the recoil in the game is not very strong but is somewhat hard to control or predict.

As I said before, I notice some performance improvement after this patch but that "performance boost" setting seems no making difference. I tried to disable it now and everything is the same.

I did some testes now and I found another point where frame rate drops dramatically next a bunch of trees, its marked in the green circle on the following image:

WW3.png

The above map is the problematic one! (The bad points are: green circle, C1-garden, C2 facing the hole)

Edited by Nyquist
adding picture.

15 hours ago, giantjoe202 said:

As I stated on the chat yesterday I found the classic EA version a little bit buggier and not as smooth as the PTE. I dunno if it has something to do with the server load, because I guess there are more people playing on EA than PTE.

Yeah, same here. Can't reach 60fps when before the patch I would play at 80-100FPS. A lot of "UE" crashes as well...

i7-4790K + 1080ti + 16Gb ram @3440x1440

2 hours ago, Nyquist said:

The frame rate drop I mentioned before only occurs in the rainy map, the shopping map and snow map runs good here!

Berlin, Warsaw and Moscow ?

Edited by nunbar

The gameplay is now much smoother with less FPS drops below the 60 but i do get a lot of random crashes. Before the update i didnt had game-crash issues. 

I'm either getting booted from the server saying "Connection to host lost" or I crash randomly now. Like I don't even want to play this anymore, straight gave up. Hopefully you guys fix the problems and provide a playable game, there's so much potential here but first things first having a functional product.

• Like 1

- FPS drop when toogle sprint.

- Player statistic stuck (After this patch my kills and death didn't increase in the player statistic)

- I get weird flash when ads using high magnification scope (playing sniper in Moscow around A2 and C2)

- Game keep crashing when I played in Warsaw (Didn't happen before this patch)

23 hours ago, giantjoe202 said:

It is the server load, more player = less frames per second. Also firing a weapons lowers FPS by alot. 

On 11/15/2018 at 3:46 PM, Nexa said:

the game plays much worse for me after the patch; was pretty smooth before, with the odd stutter. now its constant stutter.... practically unplayable really. shame as i think the games really good and was enjoying it a lot until the new patch...

Yes I experience more FPS drops and even sound stuttering since the latest update. Today the game freezed and I hat to force shut down it. The game worked fine before on my PC - ofc some fps drops but overall better performance.

My specs:

i7 4790 @3.6GHz
GTX 1060 - 6GB VRAM
8GB RAM (I know I should upgrade - but the game was working pretty good for me before Patch)

Got the game installed on SSD

Keep up the good work. I really love this game

Same here. Since the patch, I have frame drops (especially in fire fights as well as zooming in) and rubberbanding. This was not a problem before the patch.

Specs:

AMD Ryzen 5 1600

GTX 1060 6GB

8GB RAM

On 11/15/2018 at 6:57 PM, Uglylittlebush said:

edit: btw thats gotta be a badass rig, very nice

I am pretty sure (unless I am forgetting something but I am pretty certain I am not) that we (or more specificaly: I) didn't change anything with weapon spread or recoil values or with character movement speeds, with the exception oft the few guns that were tweaked that are in the patch notes (If I recall it was SIG, G38, Vepr?).

So whatever your issues are it must be some weird performance change that makes you feel that way, or you may be experiencing networking issues.

Edited by Borreh